The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod Mod?

Please-oh-Please-oh-Please-oh-Please-oh-Please!!

By on September 4, 2008 3:46:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Stardock, I see in another post that some error messages are revealing that LUA is being used. How much can we mod the engine itself? I don't mean just putting a new skin but actual functional mods. Puhleeze?

Thanks!

+1 Karma | 14 Replies
September 4, 2008 4:27:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Er, if you go look at the game's folder you'll see it's no secret about LUA. However we do ask that people refrain from modding at this point in the beta (if you do and encounter issues, make sure they happen in a clean install before reporting).

September 4, 2008 4:44:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

However we do ask that people refrain from modding at this point in the beta

Gotta keep it to knowing any mistakes are your own fault, huh? Fair enough. What are the capabilites, though? Is it possible to plug in new demigods quickly and easily, even if you have a lot? What amount of scripting can you do? What are the capabilities of ability modding? Are you limited to a set amount of modifier calls or can you tweak variables directly and have the game not kill you?

Answer any/all of these please, this exam will be worth 40 points.

Wow, did I have a lot of questions. Hope I get as many answers.

September 4, 2008 5:04:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It might be worth your while to solidify how much modding we're allowed to do in the coming months.  If we ARE allowed to add more demigods ourselves, perhaps a last month tournament of user made demigods for a shot at the official roster.  User votes and developer balancing tips defining who ultimately wins.

September 4, 2008 8:53:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That would be excellent. It may be better to give the title to the demigod which could be best and give it a bit of a professional makeover before giving it out for free, but that is a great idea.

September 5, 2008 2:37:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My modding experience. =P

If you have modded Supreme Commander, you will find things very similar and easy to work through. You can already add maps/demigods/units, although I have yet to figure out how to do the terrain for the maps. Me is happy

September 5, 2008 11:23:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That is made of win! If you can get a cel-shaded looking cartoon character demigod ingame, that would be the awesomest thing ever.

July 8, 2010 3:23:41 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Know any sites I could download some mods?

July 8, 2010 4:35:07 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

the modding section?

July 8, 2010 4:39:44 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting OMG_BlackHatHedgehog,
the modding section?

What is this modding section of which you speak?

Also, this post is from 2008.

July 8, 2010 5:44:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Here's a direct link to the modding section:

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/forum/622

Please check out the stickied mod list (2nd post)

July 8, 2010 8:03:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Really? People still don't know there is a modding forum on the forum?

July 8, 2010 8:04:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Taharos is a new fella.

July 8, 2010 8:10:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, according to Member Numbers, most of you are "new".

I was mostly complaining about OMG_Splitshadow, either he has a bad sense or humor or...

Well I blame pacov either way.

July 9, 2010 7:30:48 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I was being facetious because the forums were down

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.