The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Impulse - Phase II Released

Stardock's Digital Distrubtion Platform

By on August 27, 2008 3:35:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod ForumsExternal Link

Stardock is excited to announce that “phase two” of its digital download platform, Impulse, has begun and all updates, new games and software applications will soon be live.  Concurrent with the new games and software applications, Impulse additions now see a refreshed user interface and a major new set of developer features called ImpulseReactor. Stardock’s recent release, The Political Machine 2008 will be the first game to utilize features of ImpulseReactor, and the upcoming Demigod will incorporate the features which consist of the highly anticipated match-making feature, cloud computing, rankings, achievements, multiplayer, NAT negotiation, and more.

Phase two of Impulse also adds the ability for users to install and update third-party and freeware programs that are available via Impulse. This makes the transfer of the catalogue of programs installed on a user’s machine extraordinarily simple from machine to machine as it’s all centrally located on Impulse. Phase two has already addressed user feedback and incorporates significantly faster load times, downloads, a smart queue option and a smarter updating process which exponentially decreases processing time for updates.

All new titles and software applications are now available at www.impulsedriven.com

+458 Karma | 29 Replies
August 31, 2008 5:27:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Im a little unsure about this whole thing cus I've never been interested in a Stardock game, but is this "impulse" program like Steam?  I use steam for almost all my PC games.

August 31, 2008 6:59:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

is this "impulse" program like Steam?
Better, I say. Impulse allows you to buy/download/update any program that works with it (There's more than just games). And they're adding more features.

August 31, 2008 7:27:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Kitkun,
is this "impulse" program like Steam?Better, I say. Impulse allows you to buy/download/update any program that works with it (There's more than just games). And they're adding more features.

it doesnt crap up your computer unlike steam as well

August 31, 2008 7:30:47 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting mOoEyThEcOw,
Did you guys put in the just for Kitkun?

Quoting Kitkun,
 Doubt it. I think these icons were decided upon (Or at least made) long before I started posting. Besides, it just says : fox : if you hover the pointer over it.

heh... actually the fox came out of the design for Wulfn1's smilie: 

Steph & I had a ball of fun coming up with them and we're really glad they've finally been implemented on the sites.  Thanks Andrew! 
Now we just have to convince him to add sorting options. 

Anyways, back on topic.  I'm not a big fan of the orange either, and can't wait until the skinnable version is finally released.  But I much prefer Impulse to SDC by a loooooooong stretch.

Great work guys!   

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000187   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.