The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Willing to trade Red Alert 3 Beta key for Demigod beta

By Posted August 20, 2008 16:33:03
Just as the title says!
0 Karma 24 Replies 3 Referrals
August 20, 2008 17:05:12
No way that I give you my paid Demigod license for a free beta
August 20, 2008 17:26:57
Plus lots of us here already have the RA3 beta
August 20, 2008 18:14:51
No way that I give you my paid Demigod license for a free beta

The RA3 beta isn't free either .

I doubt anyone will accept your offer, CrazYvan.
August 20, 2008 18:22:29
The RA3 beta isn't free either

It's free with purchase of the C&C3 expansion. Contrast that with the Demigod beta, which is one and the same as a preorder for the full game
August 20, 2008 19:23:00
ya.. but Demigod hasn't been tainted by EA

the reason you want to trade is cuz C&C Tiberian Wars was terrible.. and EA will also ruin the RA series. this much is just about common knowledge
August 20, 2008 19:46:46
ya.. but Demigod hasn't been tainted by EA

RA3 is *gasp* actually not too bad.
August 20, 2008 22:59:52
No way that I give you my paid Demigod license for a free betaThe RA3 beta isn't free either .I doubt anyone will accept your offer, CrazYvan.

Well 1 of my serials i got for free from file planet as i am a long time founders member. So yest it was for free.
August 21, 2008 00:10:18
RA3 is *gasp* actually not too bad.

Yeah, except for the part where it's shit...yes, I've actually played it and yes, I really found it that bad. I gave my key away to mephi without hesitation when he asked.
August 21, 2008 04:59:43
ha, that is such a rip off, you can get a beta key from fileplanet for 5 bucks, if you sign up as a member, you #1. get fast downloads and lots of other goodies file planet offers, you also get into the Red ALert 3 beta For Free, first come first serve.

My friend just got one a few days ago and the beta has been posted forever ago, so it looks like they are still giving them out.

The funny part is, EA told the users who bought the C&C game that FilePlanet users WOULD NOT automatically get in, but it would be randomly chosen who gets beta keys and who doesn't which is a lie.

RA3 is fun but its a baby RTS game. You get a ton of resources, its very little resource management. It also requires very little micro. If you know a unit to counter another unit that's about it.

Its basically a death match RTS in my opinion, you worry about 1 resource, which is very easy to get, and it takes FOREVER to run out.

I'm use to age of the empires 3, where you need to keep track of wood/gold/food/produce villagers/advance in age/export/ and sending the right cards at the right time. Also the resources actually run out so you constantly have to move around and make sure your villagers aren't getting raided. Once all the natural resources runs out you need to build farms/plantations/factories (if you have the card). Tons of variables to the game, unlike RA3 which to me seems to basic but then again simple can be fun as well.

So if your an RTS fan, I highly recommend Age of the Empries 3 (with all the expasions) I thought Age of the empires 3 sucked, but once they added the 2 expansions it really added so much to the game. Lots of different civilizations and different strats.

But when Demigod is out, I won't have time for age at all, it will be school and demi god and possibly some crazy g/fs keeping me away from demigod.

August 21, 2008 09:29:08
the beta for RA3 has gone public...

"The funny part is, EA told the users who bought the C&C game that FilePlanet users WOULD NOT automatically get in, but it would be randomly chosen who gets beta keys and who doesn't which is a lie."

your wrong. not all fileplanet subscribers got a key and moreover the buyers of the addon got a lot earlier in the beta
August 21, 2008 09:55:08
the beta for RA3 has gone public..."The funny part is, EA told the users who bought the C&C game that FilePlanet users WOULD NOT automatically get in, but it would be randomly chosen who gets beta keys and who doesn't which is a lie."your wrong. not all fileplanet subscribers got a key and moreover the buyers of the addon got a lot earlier in the beta

I don't know about that. I bought C&C3 KW and just got my RA3 beta yesterday. If file planet subscribers are already getting in the beta (as in, before yesterday), your comment proves false.
August 21, 2008 11:13:00
and ur the first one who received a beta key without fileplanet????

i got my first RA3 Beta Key on the 26th of June and i was just in the 2nd batch. so there were many ppl who still got it earlier than me... YOUR comment proves false...

when u will receive your betakey for ra3 depends on when u have registered your copy of "kanes wrath". i did it quite early so i got in the 2nd batch.
August 21, 2008 13:43:25
I haven't owned a single C&C game until this beta and I got a KEY for the beta 08-06-08.

Some guy on another gaming forum posted the following message on 08-06-08:

Any one on here received the RA3 Beta to play?

Cant wait to get home from work and give it a go!

As for beta testing, what problems should I be looking for?

I then started doing some research and found out that FilePlanet is ALSO offering beta keys and I heard that the beta will be open to file planet users in early august.

File Planet posted the link Exlusively for paid users of file planet which is like 5 bucks a month.
Right on the advertising it said FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS.

So DanteOne explain to me how I'm wrong?
I never claimed we GOT in earlier than you guys. But since we are on that topic, that one guy said he registered his version of kanes wrath quite early and only got in a few days earlier than me who never owned kanes wrath nor any C&C game.

EA told you guys that we are in a random lottery, when in fact it wasn't, file planet even said its a first come first serve basis. So as soon as I heard the Beta was going to be in early august (I don't know if it was beta 1 first batch or 2nd nor do I care) I just checked file planet once a day and THERE IT WAS! Instant beta key as soon as I clicked the button link.

So yes maybe you guys got in earlier but who cares, I didn't have to buy an expansion to get in and what EA told you was in fact false.

Here is what EA told you guys:

There has been some confusion on the activation priority for users who are FilePlanet subscribers having access before early beta test registered users. First and foremost, you cannot simply subscribe to Fileplanet and get into our beta test. Fileplanet has been allotted an amount of keys which they will give away in a lottery next month to subscribers, and Fileplanet also has a small number of keys for "elite" FP subscribers who have helped beta test games in the past. Both of these are unique Fileplanet programs but are very small in nature and not the priority access point to our beta test.

Here's the direct quote from the file planet link to get the beta keys:

Beta test the multiplayer component to Command & Conquer Red Alert 3. This event is a first come first served, limited access beta and keys will go fast so sign up immediately!

I also haven't heard of one file planet user who Hasn't gotten a beta key for the game.
Another funny thing is, they said there is a very small amount of beta keys for the file planet users.

A small number? Right now the C&C RA beta is the #1 download on the website.
87,925 Downloads doesn't sound very small to me.

August 21, 2008 14:04:35
the beta was a bonus to the addon. u cant just compare the price of the addon with the membership to fp and really not all members of fp got a key
August 21, 2008 14:12:30
the beta was a bonus to the addon. u cant just compare the price of the addon with the membership to fp and really not all members of fp got a key

Why can't you? I got in the beta for 5 bucks, you go in the beta for the cost of the expansion.

My friend just got a beta key yesterday so unless the beta keys just ran out, its just now starting to fill up.

The reason I even brought this up is because the original poster really has no leverage. A user can simply go to file planet and sign up and get a beta key rather than buying the expansion, registering and waiting for a key if he really wants in the beta.

August 21, 2008 15:42:56
In other news.. BlacKStaR will be seeing the rest of you in Demigod Beta Preordered just now 8)
August 21, 2008 16:31:38
WOOT Blackstar bring tsubaki
August 22, 2008 09:58:05
cmon guys did u really think i really believed that someone would trade a full game for a 6 buck beta from fileplanet. I just wanted to post something( i was bored to death).
August 22, 2008 10:04:42
and yes red alert 3 is crap....well not really crap but very imbalanced by the very fact that they put in naval units that are too powerful in the beginning of the game; rushing is another issue; and the game is too action oriented; and it has problems with the fact that some units become obsolete after you've built up your tech tree( especially infantry)
August 22, 2008 12:47:46
Too action oriented? Rushing is a problem?

what
August 23, 2008 12:32:58
Why can't you?

cause i got my beta for free. it was a bonus to the game i bought. u payed the 5 bucks ONLY for the beta.
August 23, 2008 21:47:40
Too action oriented? Rushing is a problem?what

hah yah I felt the same way when I read that.

I can't stand people who make games that say NO RUSH.
RTS is about strategy, and rushing is a strategy. I don't like long games, (30 mins) is a good time I think, once it gets past 50 mins I don't like it because it feels like I'm wasting my time lol. I usually always rush in any RTS.

Well now Dante, its free to even non paying members, so the beta is probably coming close to an end.
August 24, 2008 06:45:32
Yeah I REALLY hate people that make "NO RUSH" games.
August 24, 2008 10:12:05
Hi i am also looking forward to the demigod beta, hehe.

But now another question to some of you. I would like to try the Red Alert 3 Beta but i came too late when fileplanet gave away beta keys... Does anyone have a key, which he doesnt need ?
Would be really nice.
Stardock Forums v1.5.3141.15280
© 1995-2008 Stardock Corporation. All rights reserved.
All times are EST. The time is now 05:47:39
Server Load Time: 00:00:00   Page Render Time:
?? 2008 Stardock Corporation. All rights reserved.

Gas Powered Games and Demigod are trademarks of Gas Powered Games Corp. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are property of their respective owners.
Stardock and the Stardock logo are registered trademarks of Stardock Corporation. All rights reserved.