The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

My first Necron victory

How I kicked ass

By on August 17, 2008 11:18:46 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Played my first skirmish with my Necron Warriors, and it turned out, it was my first victory too! Last Thursday it was my 19th birthday and, since I did so well in my Leaving Cert (355 points, plus all the grades needed for the course I want in college), I decided to go into Dublin to go to Games Workshop, and I have to say, it was brilliant!

Everyone in the shop was very nice, and they were very helpful! I learned new painting techniques for my Necron Warriors and I got the help I wanted to finish painting my Necron Lord. I had my suitcase with me full of 21 fully painted and armed Necron Warriors (the suitcase was a gift from my younger brother, to hold my Warhammers) and a fresh Necron Lord. I started talking to a few people and ended up fighting a small 500 point skirmish with a boy probably 13 or so.

He collected the Tyranids and he had many strong units in his arsenal. It was an ahnillation match, no survivors. In the beginning I performed badly, he was blasting my units away from afar, with dangerous Genestealers closing in fast along with a badass mofo Tyranid! Huge thing! What I had to my advantage, ironically, was superiour firepower and more models. I was not able to blast from afar, but I could certainly cut them down to size before they got to me. I quickly ahnilated a unit of Genestealers, but another one closed in fast. Nothing for me to do, I sent a unit of my warriors to take the brunt of the next assault, as running wouldn't have taken me far enough and my Necron Lord was being protected with my other unit of Necron warriors. I needed a shield for my lord and the other unit was the one. I quickly lost 4 Necrons throughout the battle. My constant fear was that he'd ahnilate enough of my troops to activate the 'Phase Out' Rule (basically it means that if I have 25% forces left or lower on the field that follow the Necron special rules then I automatically lose). This fear was heightened when I lost almost my whole warrior unit, with one sole survivor left. Under the circumstances, it fled, and was cut down when the Tyranid leader rolled the dice and got a number higher then mine. Victory looked bleak, because if I lose 4 more units I lose automatically. But luck was with me, my 'We'll Be Back Roll' (allows me to revive fallen models that follow the Necron special rule, must roll a 4+ to use) was a success and all of the units that fell in the assault phase stood back up! The Genestealers, shocked with such a feat, were quickly cut down, with the Necron unit behind them pumping gauss weaponry into the Tyranid onslaught. The huge Tyranid, alone in close combat, quickly fell in the onslaught. The Tyranid model, pumping Blast radius dmg to my units throughout the whole combat, fled under the orders of the Hive Mind. With that, I won!!

Such victory did come at a price, but a small one and well worth it. The Necrons then cleansed the area of all biological life, even down to microscopic life, and began marching on. Looking for more living creatures to kill for their dark, sadistic god, the Nightbringer.

Who's next?

0 Karma | 46 Replies
August 19, 2008 2:02:58 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Well try to face the power of the left hand of the Emperor the Imperial Guard.
Long live the God Emperor
August 19, 2008 2:50:29 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The God Emperor is a corpse! A false god that brings nothing but death, with burocracy choking the Empire!

August 19, 2008 3:12:58 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
The God Emperor is a corpse! A false god that brings nothing but death, with burocracy choking the Empire!

he is a God of the Empire burn the heretics, kill the Aliens, destroy the Mutants
August 19, 2008 3:54:56 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
FOR THE GREATER GOOD! Try fighting Kiernyc's over 1500 point Tau army

Yay space commies!

August 19, 2008 3:57:57 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
the TAU empire ha thetas a good one
August 19, 2008 3:58:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Raaaawr
August 19, 2008 5:05:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Tau empire could pwn everybody....if they ever figured out warp space.......(get on that Earth caste!)
August 19, 2008 5:18:48 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Tau empire could pwn everybody....if they ever figured out warp space.......(get on that Earth caste!)

i dout they will only the Chose marines use warp right?
August 19, 2008 5:37:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Umm no, (do you mean Chaos marines?) Anyone with psykers can use the warp as a means of travel but the Tau have no psykers and are therefor trying to unlock it using technology...it's only a matter of time (and GW feeling like ever expanding on fluff...)
August 19, 2008 5:38:04 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
i dout they will only the Chose marines use warp right?

Nononono. Every race besides the Tau know how to use the warp to get around (like hyperspace) but Chaos does live in the warp, and Chaos space marines harness that power.

Kiernyc is saying the Tau can't get very far very fast since all they have is sublight drives (no "hyperspace" for them!)
August 19, 2008 5:40:58 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Actually Tau technology as it is now can enter the "edges" of the warp. Their drives force their ships onto the very surface and kind of hold them under until they get to their destination. This way of using the warp is 5 times slower than your average fully functional imperial (psyker driven) warp-drive. Since the Tau have a small empire, their version works for them but if they ever want to expand, this is the only thing that is stopping them.
August 19, 2008 5:56:17 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Actually Tau technology as it is now can enter the "edges" of the warp. Their drives force their ships onto the very surface and kind of hold them under until they get to their destination. This way of using the warp is 5 times slower than your average fully functional imperial (psyker driven) warp-drive. Since the Tau have a small empire, their version works for them but if they ever want to expand, this is the only thing that is stopping them.

and i thought that was the necrons
August 19, 2008 8:49:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Wrong again lol. Necron ships use special fields that distort inertia and gravity around them so that their normal engines allow them to accelerate and speed up to infinite. So, necron ships never touch the Immaterium.
August 19, 2008 9:15:45 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yup, which makes the Necrons by far superiour! The Tau are always expanding, the Humans worship a dead god, with the Golden Throne failing. Every Psycher can see that the Emporer's Light is dimming in the Immaterium. The Tau are great at far range and highly versatile, I'll give them that, but are terrible when it comes to close range. Nothing is absolute, except death. Necrons are death, they will conqour all!

August 19, 2008 10:22:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Coupled with the fact that there are necrons on many planets lying in wait, they would be immensely powerful, and nigh unstoppable if they had the right timing.

EDIT:

Here's all your travelling means:

-Tau: Basic drive that skims the edges of the warp (limited to no warp danger)
-Chaos Marines: Ships use the warp for travel and can freely traverse it (no warp danger...they serve it!)
-Chaos Daemons: Well...they live in the warp.
-All humanity uses psyker navigators to pilot their ships through the warp (Can be very dangerous, ships getting lost, taken over, etc.)
-Dark Eldar, Eldar: Use the webway to traverse space (No warp danger.)
-Necrons: Special fields that distort interia and gravity (No warp danger.)
-Orks: Seem to use warp drives (Probably looted), their ships can enter the warp and Space Hulks drives seem to have random warp jumps. (Warp might be dangerous for orks but no one knows for sure.)
- Tyranids: Can use warp as travel and can also lay dormant (kind of like suspended animation) and just sublight around. (The Hive Mind has immense willpower and can numb the warp thus making warp travel virtually harmless to the tyranids.)

So that's how it all works lol.
August 20, 2008 4:18:37 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
well specking of orks other then being highly disorganized by clans and only coming together to do the Waaagh! aren't they the most abondent spices in the galixy and vary powerful because what they can do to there body that no other race can do?

he Humans worship a dead god, with the Golden Throne failing.

well thats the thing in the fifth book of warhammer40K the God-empore is going to die or at least thats the roumes. but this could make man free and do some good or case a civil war between the Guard, Space Marines and the Sisters.

P.S i don't know much about warhammer40k i just got in to it with the Dawn of War series but i am making the Imperial Guard army and and Ork Waaagh!.
August 20, 2008 5:29:54 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
The first Tyranid Hive fleet was destroyed.
The second Tyranid Hive fleet have been slowed down to a near standstill.
The third Tyranid Hive fleet took people by surprise, and have to my knowledge only been slowed down.
If I read my sources right, it could be argued that a fourth Hive fleet have just been spotted.

The Tyranids come from the great void outside the galaxy, where no Milkyway sentient have travelled, and into that void the Tyranids will venture once they have consumed all the galaxy have to offer.

At least if one is to believe the cult prophet/magus.

(Damned GW ... I liked the Genestealer Cults. Why, oh why, did they dissappear?)
August 20, 2008 10:45:31 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hehe, nice to see there are loads of Warhammer 40K enthusiests. I just love the Necrons, they just kick butt from my perspective.

August 20, 2008 4:42:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
thou shal not abide the witch

the black templers will purge this world of you all who are not fathfull the the god emperor.

well it shouldnt be suppriesing that theres a following here cause there very similar in atraction.

omg i just reilised the varisi are elder/dark elder in disguise.
August 20, 2008 5:11:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
well thats the thing in the fifth book of warhammer40K the God-empore is going to die or at least thats the roumes. but this could make man free and do some good or case a civil war between the Guard, Space Marines and the Sisters.

What the...? Too bad a bunch of different series of 40k books. Do you mean the Fifth edition of the rule book/codex? And how would this cause a civil war? The Emperor is their god and they would probably just mourn his loss (I'm betting people would kill themselves thinking it might bring him back, that's how much they worship him). Also, ships belonging to the Imperium would not be able to navigate, since the Emperor's light literally guides them.

P.S i don't know much about warhammer40k i just got in to it with the Dawn of War series but i am making the Imperial Guard army and and Ork Waaagh!.

I think most of us can tell you're very new.

Also, I mean no offense, but use Firefox 3 as your web browser. It has a spell checker

EDIT: Also forgot to mention but Tyranids have been officially announced for Dawn of War II. There's some videos and articles on IGN and Gamespot
August 20, 2008 5:50:22 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
What the...? Too bad a bunch of different series of 40k books. Do you mean the Fifth edition of the rule book/codex? And how would this cause a civil war?

well lets see the Guard may try to create a new empire or something like that because there just solders and then the sisters or the marines will try to keep the old empire together, because they are extremal loyal to the emperor.

The Emperor is their god and they would probably just mourn his loss (I'm betting people would kill themselves thinking it might bring him back, that's how much they worship him). Also, ships belonging to the Imperium would not be able to navigate, since the Emperor's light literally guides them.

but you are right they would mourn him but time will past and well something will happen that will case a war within the empire. and about navigating they will make something up.

Also, I mean no offense, but use Firefox 3 as your web browser. It has a spell checker

i do use Firefox 2.something

I think most of us can tell you're very new.

yes unfortunitly i am new but i am getting the hang of it so but i do not know any thing about the ships.
August 21, 2008 9:43:17 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Yeah, 40k lore doesn't explain too much about the ships. All of the Battlefleet Gothic books do that. The rulebook explains the warp i'm sure (Havn't gotten the 5th edition yet but it's a pretty important subject)
August 21, 2008 10:03:04 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
well lets see the Guard may try to create a new empire or something like that because there just solders and then the sisters or the marines will try to keep the old empire together, because they are extremal loyal to the emperor.

I hate to break this to you, but everyone in the Imperium would commit suicide if the Emperor asked them to. You're thinking that most people follow the Emperor but don't want to, just like previous history.

But this is not based on our history and no one would betray the God-Emperor unless they were possessed by/succumbed to the powers of Chaos. And no (because I KNOW you will suggest this as your next "idea") but whole legions or armys would not succumb to Chaos again. It's mostly psykers who succumb to Chaos, even then not every single psyker would. (because that would probably another one of your "ideas.")

Stop trying to entertain the idea of a civil war, it isn't going to happen. If anything, the Imperium would be in such a state of panic and confusion if their God-Emperor died, they could probably be easily over run by any of the alien races. That or if he does die, they will lose alot of systems to aliens, but not all. Plus all the Primarchs are gone/turned to Chaos, so no one would take up the throne (well maybe a Chapter Master, but if only to save humanity, he would probably not declare him self emperor).

^^ This is how we can tell you're new.
August 21, 2008 12:43:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
i think that if (when ?) then astronomican fails, the humans wont be able to use warp space any more and wont be able to make something up to cover the loss.
think about it ...the members of the Imperium have been using the same stinking old technology for millenia and even the adeptus mecanicus does nt understand how the things they build work. Dradnaughts, titans, warp-space engines, are all just built following dusty plans. not a single one of them UNDERSTANDS how the technology works. they have virtually no research going on and they probably dont know how to build a lightbulb without the "Standard construction plans" (or whatever they call them).
In short: the empire is decaying on every level, it cant oppose the Greater good forever.
August 21, 2008 5:09:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
In short: the empire is decaying on every level, it cant oppose the Greater good forever.

Bwahahaha Kovash Tauva!

(and it's Standard Construction Template (SCT))
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000266   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.