The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Beta Format

By Posted August 7, 2008 11:51:45
I've done a lot of betas but never with GPG or Stardock.

Any veterans with these guys know what to expect for the beta format? Is feedback posted on forums, do we get emailed or in game surveys? Or do they just focus us on stress testing/playing the game without taking in player feedback towards game mechanics?
0 Karma 4 Replies 1 Referral
August 7, 2008 12:10:38
In the SupCom and FA betas, most of the balance feedback was done via forums, and bugs would be posted both on the forums and submitted via GPGnet. As GPGnet is not being used, I don't know if impulse has some kind of similar mechanism, or if everything is going to be done via forums.
August 7, 2008 12:39:55
They will definitely want feedback, but I was wondering about how they would do a feedback system as well. A separate forum where you could select categories like Bug/Typo/Balance/etc. and perhaps a subcategory with Demigod/Map/Singleplayer/Multiplayer/Skills/Units/etc. would be nice so that you could easily sort them and look to see if others have already posted something on a certain bug. But maybe they already have a better idea and are already implementing it.
August 8, 2008 09:18:59
I think they'll stick with the one Beta Feedback forum. In Sins, they had kryo scrounging them every day and keeping a running (and locked) "compendium" of threads for the devs/testers to look through. It would basically be a short quote/tidbit on what the thread is about, and the link to the actual thing. Would be updated daily, so it was always a good reference. And kryo doesn't miss *anything*, pretty much.

So, I sort of suspect it'll be the same way for Demigod.
August 12, 2008 19:09:34
And kryo doesn't miss *anything*, pretty much.

Unlike poor Blair, who got made a monkey's uncle!
Stardock Forums v1.5.3141.15280
© 1995-2008 Stardock Corporation. All rights reserved.
All times are EST. The time is now 03:10:38
Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000015   Page Render Time:
?? 2008 Stardock Corporation. All rights reserved.

Gas Powered Games and Demigod are trademarks of Gas Powered Games Corp. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are property of their respective owners.
Stardock and the Stardock logo are registered trademarks of Stardock Corporation. All rights reserved.