The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

My Necron army

The army that's almost bult

By on August 6, 2008 8:08:52 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Woop! My first two units of my necron army are almost finished! Now all I have to do is finish spray painting and painting my last four Necron Warriors and then finish my Necron Lord and my small squad is complete and ready for battle! After that I'm going to Games Workshop and battle one of the workers. Can't wait! But first, I must go to work Argh!

My painting scheme is spray paint it Citadel Black as the undercoat and then paint the models Gunmetal. After the paint sets in I take a bit of a goldish yellow paint and very lightly paint it on the Gunmetal. I do this to achieve the look that a long time ago these warriors of death were held in high esteem and built in gold, but over the millenia the gold has been worn away and only a faint colour is left of their former glory.

0 Karma | 4 Replies
August 6, 2008 11:17:03 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Aww what, no pics?

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on some Necrons myself as they look awesome, but my first goal with my recent entrance into 40k was to build a servicable army of orks (the battleforce set helped out well in that regard, and I've bought more kits since).

I've got the majority assembled except for a few models, and have already done the undercoats and started to paint some. I really need to put some time aside to finish the job as they'd look awesome once done.

August 7, 2008 12:14:31 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Nice! Orks are not bad, but they just don't suit me. I know, no pics, I may upload one later but I'll have to borrow a camera off my brother. Did you get the new rule book? It changed a few things and added a few others, which I think is brilliant! The Necrons are great but the only risk fielding them is their "Phase Out" rule. Basically it means that if you lose 75% of your Necron forces that have the Necron special rules then you automatically lose, as the Necrons "fade" from the battlefield, retreating back to their tombs for repairs and such. I've read some strategies that some commanders hold back a few warriors at a corner of the field to prevent this rule, but I agree with others that it's a flaw strategy. I'd just use every single warrior at my disposal and pound the enemy to dust.

August 7, 2008 3:32:33 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Nice. I love the concept of 40k. I could never afford to buy many dudes, and on a scale from 1-10, my artistic ability is a -4. Plus, there were so many cool factions I could never choose one and stick with it. Space Marines are just bad ass, Tyranids are super cool, Imperial Guard have sick tanks, Eldar are really cool, Khaos is what I played when I did, and Orks are a riot.

As Phazon said, feel free to post pics of your models. I love seeing other peoples' talent on their army. I've spent more time looking at the heavy metal section of the respective books than I have at the nude portions of a playboy. I read it for the articles MAAAN!!!
August 17, 2008 10:58:44 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Nice! I'll be posting them soon. Their not great, but I'm learning how to improve after every model, plus, I learned some new painting tricks!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.