The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

A Changing of the Guard

By on July 29, 2008 4:22:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
It is with a heavy heart that I find myself making this journal entry. John Comes, better known as Scathis to many of us, tendered his resignation several weeks ago. Scathis had an opportunity elsewhere the he could not afford to pass on. He left on good terms with Gas Powered.

Since Scathis’ departure I have become the new Lead Designer for Demigod. Previously I had been on the project in an advisory role. Some of you may know me as Mike Marr, or Tyo- that guy who was the Lead Balance Designer for Forged Alliance. I certainly see a lot of familiar faces on the forums.

It is my every intention to continue creating the game that Scathis envisioned. He and I worked closely on Demigod for the past several months and during that time I learned everything I could about the game and what his plans for it were. There was a careful and well planned passing of the torch and Scathis took every step to insure that the game would forge on to completion the way he had hoped to finish it himself.

So, in closing, please join me in wishing Scathis the best in his future endeavors. I am truly excited about working on Demigod and will be actively participating on the forums in the coming months.

+7 Karma | 39 Replies
July 30, 2008 6:16:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
sniff... I miss my spork...

The loss of Scathis is like ripping the heart out of Demigod. And now with Mike Marr, or Tyo- that guy who was the Lead Balance Designer for Forged Alliance taking over its like the game has a artificial heart which should be ok...

Heck Captian Picard still kicked ass with an artificial heart, I think Demigod will too!
July 30, 2008 7:38:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Wow. I don't think I've ever been compared to an artificial heart before. I can neither confirm or deny how I feel about this.
July 30, 2008 7:56:13 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Koscy was probably drunk when he wrote that. On the other hand, he did compare you with a fairly vital organ, so at least you've got that going for you
July 30, 2008 8:48:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Good point. A vital organ ... and a mechanical device that is 100% reliable, never breaks down or complains. Ok. I can get behind that.
July 30, 2008 9:06:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Does that mean you'll never once complain no matter how much crap we give you?
July 30, 2008 10:03:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
So long Scathis, good luck on your next adventure!

Congratulations to TyoArk! I (along with alot of the other SupCom players) were pretty big fans with the higher level of gameplay you brought SupCom to with the Forged Alliance expansion so I'm confident you will do nothing but justice for Demigod as well.
July 31, 2008 2:26:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Thanks Phazon. Forged Alliance was a blast to work on. Eric and I really got a chance to sink our teeth into the balance with the aid of the community. You all helped us tremendously.

I look forward to doing the same thing with Demigod! With Beta right around the corner it's going to be an exciting time.
July 31, 2008 8:09:33 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
With Beta right around the corner it's going to be an exciting time.

Not just for you, believe me. We're tearing our hair out because we can't dig into it yet
July 31, 2008 12:55:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Good Luck Scathis my question is did he go to Blizzard For Diablo III?
August 1, 2008 3:59:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
better compared to a heart than what koscky usually compares me to now then, let's get to work! *whips out Rubber Justice*
August 1, 2008 4:11:50 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
better compared to a heart than what koscky usually compares me to

An old, sweaty, and very used sock?

*whips out Rubber Justice*

Do I want to ask? Yes, yes I do.
August 1, 2008 4:54:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
i thought you've seen the pic anny.... oh well, i'll get koscky to show you next time i see him
August 1, 2008 5:30:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Anna: trust me, you don't want to ask.
August 1, 2008 5:35:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Sure I do! When it's eets, anything goes, and that's half the fun! The other half is having a barf basket nearby.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.