The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

A Changing of the Guard

By on July 29, 2008 4:22:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
It is with a heavy heart that I find myself making this journal entry. John Comes, better known as Scathis to many of us, tendered his resignation several weeks ago. Scathis had an opportunity elsewhere the he could not afford to pass on. He left on good terms with Gas Powered.

Since Scathis’ departure I have become the new Lead Designer for Demigod. Previously I had been on the project in an advisory role. Some of you may know me as Mike Marr, or Tyo- that guy who was the Lead Balance Designer for Forged Alliance. I certainly see a lot of familiar faces on the forums.

It is my every intention to continue creating the game that Scathis envisioned. He and I worked closely on Demigod for the past several months and during that time I learned everything I could about the game and what his plans for it were. There was a careful and well planned passing of the torch and Scathis took every step to insure that the game would forge on to completion the way he had hoped to finish it himself.

So, in closing, please join me in wishing Scathis the best in his future endeavors. I am truly excited about working on Demigod and will be actively participating on the forums in the coming months.

+7 Karma | 39 Replies
July 29, 2008 4:38:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
  GL and HF in the future, Scathis.
July 29, 2008 4:40:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Good luck Scathis - some good times on IRC were had!

And welcome Tyo! Looking forward to working with you and everyone else involved when the testing rolls out for us
July 29, 2008 4:41:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
We'll miss you Scathis! Hopefully we'll see you around the beta as you check how your masterpiece is progressing.
July 29, 2008 4:44:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Good luck Scathis and thank you for the amazing things we have seen so far
July 29, 2008 4:50:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Best wishes Scathis: GL....HF....DD!
July 29, 2008 4:58:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
I posted this on the GPG boards, but I guess I'll post my farewell here too.

How has it come to this? It was his baby and now he's leaving...

I haven't been posting much on the forums, rather lurking and reading to myself, since there is not much to speculate on. But now, seeing the main man leave, well, that calls for a post I would say.

Demigod so far, it looks amazing, it truly does. Amazing potential, amazing graphics, and most of all, it looks amazingly fun. I wouldn't have wanted to see anyone leaving from the Demigod team, at least not Scathis himself. You've been holding our hands through the wait, basically, and I thank you for it. You've done a truly wonderful job with both the game and the community. I sincerely hope that you won't abandon us entirely, I'd expect you to come visit us sometime on the forums, or even in the game when the Beta starts.

Best of luck to you, Scathis, you're a good man, and I hope you won't forget us Smile

-Oak

PS: Also, I would like to welcome Mike Marr as the new Lead Designer, I am sure he will be a worthy man for the job!
July 29, 2008 5:06:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Good luck to you Scathis, i do however remember you saying that you may be in the Beta so i hope to see you there.
But, welcome to you Tyo! I hope you bring your own flair to demigod and continue in the good work we have been seeing
July 29, 2008 5:29:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Best of luck to you in filling some very large shoes left by Scathis.
July 29, 2008 5:30:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Welcome Tyo, good to see a known face taking command.
I am curious where Scathis works now, must be something really big and great.

PS: We'll try to find ways not to kill your babies this time
July 29, 2008 5:44:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Oh, trust me TBO, my babies are at least 10% more invulnerable this time around!

And thank you all for the vote of confidence. It's an intimidating role to fill.
July 29, 2008 5:47:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
damn, sad news today, but theres good things to come, good luck in everything you do Scathis

-Reaver
July 29, 2008 7:04:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
It's the nature of this business: true talent often "Comes" and goes...
(miss you, John!)
July 29, 2008 7:05:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Good luck in your new endeavours Scathis! Pop in on the Demigod forums once in a while to let us know what you're up to.

Good luck with the new job Tyo, I'm sure you will perform well. There wouldn't be much for you to do now anyway Tyo, Scathis's has done 99% of the work already before he handed it over to you... right....
July 29, 2008 7:18:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Aswith everyone else we wish you the best, Scathis. Live long and prosper.

shall we call you Tyo? Mike? Mr. marr? or hey you
July 29, 2008 7:36:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Dang their goes my rapid-fire artillary well good luck Scathis and even more to Tyo as we are a month away from BETA I am sure it has been hectic their. Well bring on the game cause we are ready.
July 29, 2008 7:52:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
A month away from beta? Hopefully not a month, since i was hearing it was going to start in August?

Also Tyo don't be intimidated just stay the course and give us awesomeness, afterall we all know "there is no charge for awesomeness".

also give us beta *pre orders a copy for each of his friends* Seriously this game look amazing, especially since in the last journal the guy said the video was all ingame animations and such.
July 29, 2008 8:03:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Mid-August is when the beta starts, so almost a month.

Where is Scathis going to work now?
July 29, 2008 8:56:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Farewell Scathis!

I can neither confirm nor deny that you will be missed.

But I'm sure you can guess which it is
July 30, 2008 8:09:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Scathis was good but you never know, a new outlook could do the project good.
July 30, 2008 9:59:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Mid-August is when the beta starts, so almost a month.Where is Scathis going to work now?

eh? lets not make half a month into almost a month. Thats worse than the cup is half empty I know, I know, the way these things go it may not be quite mid august and may start to roll around towards to the end of august before it comes out, but here's hoping they beat the deadline!
July 30, 2008 11:27:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Good luck Scathis.. It was fun working with you...See you on the links.
July 30, 2008 1:13:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Good luck Scathis.. We wish you well...

Now Tyoark, now that we have removed the main obstacle to your rise to power, when can we expect the Space Ponies Spork and Windows to be programmed into the game?
July 30, 2008 2:14:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
I don't think GPG is "in" on the whole space pony thing.
July 30, 2008 2:25:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
I don't think GPG is "in" on the whole space pony thing.

And with any luck, Kosc isn't around to complain about the theft of his Spork!
July 30, 2008 2:35:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Undoubtedly during the beta we'll come up with something else that will make a final release easter egg that will leave people scratching their heads
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000453   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.