The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Question about Beta games.

By Posted July 27, 2008 11:18:48
Are we allowed to know if there will be a matchmaking system in the Beta? Or can we choose our own opponents? Or both? It's just that i know quite a few of us wish to play specific opponents so the ability to choose our enemies would be nice
+1 Karma 6 Replies 0 Referrals
July 27, 2008 11:30:28
AFAIK there will be a matchmaking system. Please confirm.
July 27, 2008 13:20:47
There will probably be standard "custom games" where one player hosts and others join, though this is probably unranked. If ranked is anything like supcom, it will use an automatic match-making system, though I don't know if ranked will be in the early beta.
July 31, 2008 13:03:52
There will be a matchmaking system for the release, that's for sure. For the first beta, though, I wouldn't count on it. Down the line probably, but I imagine cleaning up the engine and finishing off the demigods and the gameplay is more of a priority than robust matchamking. The first beta will be multiplayer only so obviously there will be a way for people to play together

Just my guess, of course.
July 31, 2008 19:38:10
I would think we would be able to make custom games with options and all, how else would we test/find/reproduce certain bugs that only happen with 5 diffrent things going on at once with out prearranging games.
July 31, 2008 19:53:22
I believe Demigod will be using the impulse for matchmaking, but I wonder if they will use some of the ideas implemented within GPGNet, specifically the right to challenge an opponent to a ranked match.
August 5, 2008 08:30:44
Stardock tends to cooperate closely with developers--I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the nicer things from GPGNet working their way into Impulse.
Stardock Forums v1.5.3141.15280
© 1995-2008 Stardock Corporation. All rights reserved.
All times are EST. The time is now 12:49:47
Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000016   Page Render Time:
?? 2008 Stardock Corporation. All rights reserved.

Gas Powered Games and Demigod are trademarks of Gas Powered Games Corp. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are property of their respective owners.
Stardock and the Stardock logo are registered trademarks of Stardock Corporation. All rights reserved.