The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

World Of Goo - heard of it?

By on June 21, 2008 5:52:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
World of goo is a strange game, a bit unique
http://2dboy.com/

It's still in beta, but I'll order it once it gets to the wii.  The previews of it look pretty slick!
And here's a small technology demo, pretty much an early sandbox form of the game.
http://www.experimentalgameplay.com/game.php?g=1

+3 Karma | 11 Replies
June 21, 2008 7:46:18 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
This game looks awsome ,and the that tech demo was cool too! I heard of this game a while back for wii but never thought much of it, but now i will defenitley be downloading it for wii when it comes out! ????
October 8, 2008 11:35:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

World Of Goo is now out (for pre-orders, that is.  Actual game comes out in a week).

http://2dboy.com/

And I have to say it is one of the best games I have played in a very, very long time.  The puzzles are both hard and fun to solve (no head-ache causers) and I'm having a blast replaying it. 

The difficulty increases throughout the game, but it not by raising the conditions or adding a timer.  The puzzles themselves become harder to solve requiring more thought to them. 

The music in the game is amazing.  I've added some of the tracks to my ipod even, which is a first for me about game music.

I laughed out loud several times at the puzzles and their solutions; not because they were funny but because they were so genious.  I don't want to spoil anything, but many of the puzzles will leave memories.

I really, really recommend everyone checking this game out.  The wii will be getting it (download only) and will have multiplayer.  The game (PC) has no drm on it

October 9, 2008 1:30:48 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

No copy protection whatsoever, so go out and buy it if it's your cup of tea and show the big publishers that they don't need to put copy protection on their games. Looks intriguing and I think I may have to buy myself a copy.

October 16, 2008 4:43:19 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Game is amazing,  easily the best 20 bucks I've spent , also there is a demo out now of the entire first chapter (10 or so levels).

December 8, 2008 1:27:20 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I heard it's available on Impulse.

A question about that: I like having a box with my game. If I go and buy that box, is there a key somewhere in there that I can register it with Impulse and use nice stuff like auto-updates and so on?

December 8, 2008 1:32:58 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

A question about that: I like having a box with my game. If I go and buy that box, is there a key somewhere in there that I can register it with Impulse and use nice stuff like auto-updates and so on?
Stardock offers that as an option but no one has taken them up on it yet.  So . . no. 

December 8, 2008 1:37:28 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Damn

And if I do it the other way around, buy it in the Impulse-Shop. Then I of cause can use the awesome download options in Impulse. But World of Goo also offers a Linux-Version. I guess if bought on Impulse I will never have access to the Linux client, right?

December 8, 2008 2:27:49 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Came out on Impulse on November 10th: http://impulsedriven.com/worldgoo

December 8, 2008 3:18:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Seems pretty neat. I'll have to try the demo. I have a young son age 8 which as a mind of an Engineer. I'll have him try it too

December 8, 2008 3:29:44 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Seems pretty neat. I'll have to try the demo. I have a young son age 8 which as a mind of an Engineer. I'll have him try it too
Both my 8 and 5 year old daughtes love the game.  They really enjoy figurign out the whole thing.  Not having instructions rocks.

December 9, 2008 11:57:59 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I loved it , sadly I got it on STEAM before it was offered on IMPULSE.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000141   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.