The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod DotA Game Day?

Come beat the poor DotA newbie...

By on June 18, 2008 12:04:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
As we all eagerly await the coming Demigod beta, let's liven things up a bit. Since a lot of people come from DotA, and Demigod shares at least some common concepts, what do you guys think about setting up a game day for Demigod fans to come play DotA?

I'll confess that I've never really played it myself (any time I tried there were no newbie games, and downloaders generally got kicked on sight, so I stuck to other maps when I played WC3), but it can't hurt to learn, and some of you might enjoy the opportunity to beat up the moderator here. And maybe we can get some ideas and opinions of DotA to help shape Demigod, until the real thing is available

So, how many of you would be interested, and what times would work for you?
+376 Karma | 69 Replies
June 18, 2008 12:20:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Ooo, I would be up for this I am currently job-hunting, so any time/day would be pretty much fine for me for now aside from 2 AM - 8 AM CST. We should also get a list of Ventrilo/Teamspeak servers that we could use as well, since talking with other players makes the game that much more fun =D
June 18, 2008 12:23:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
i'm really bad at DotA, but it would be fun. I'm up whenever i'm online at IRC, so contact me there if you need me
I'm online usually around 3pm-10pm swedish time, gmt+1, unless it's really good weather in which case i'm not at home. Easiest way is just to check if i'm online, and then call me there. Making appointments with me usually fails
June 18, 2008 7:06:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Sure.

usually 7-11 EST here. We should guild it up

[email protected] if that works.
June 18, 2008 9:51:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Count me in.

At the moment, I'm only free on Fridays and Saturdays, and Sunday afternoons. We could do it this weekend!
June 19, 2008 7:16:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Sounds good

I??m loving DotA, it??s the reason why I??m very interested in Demigod
I would be up for this, too.
My Battlenetaccount is called Nokthra (don??t look at the stats, I??m a Newb in WC3 real )
June 19, 2008 8:09:04 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

i'm interested, but my previous experience playing DotA is none, zero, absolutely nothing.

I think i can play in weekends (Saturdays and Sundays).

June 19, 2008 10:07:23 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm interested. Previous DotA experience of mine is very limited but I know how to play it at least.

June 19, 2008 10:14:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
i'm interested, but my previous experience playing DotA is none, zero, absolutely nothing.

Great, then you'll be perfectly matched with me
June 19, 2008 11:14:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
I'll be there as well as long as it isn't after 1 am GMT.
June 19, 2008 12:43:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
If it's a reasonable time... I'll even play!
June 19, 2008 8:04:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
I'm up for it. My Bnet name is Clezar or Heartsbane00. My email is [email protected]. Contact me the details.
June 20, 2008 5:46:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
we need a meeting point then,
I suggest "op Demigod" at the Azeroth Server (US East)

you might want to get the map before at (ingame download of such big maps can be quite slow and sometimes totally stop in wc3)

http://www.getdota.com/
(get both the latest and the stable version, just to be sure)

June 20, 2008 12:42:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Alright, eleven potential players for ten slots in the game. How does Saturday or Sunday evening (EDT) work for everyone? Usling may need to stay up late, but if everyone else is in the US that should hopefully work out. It'll probably be easier to get everyone together in the demigod IRC channel first, then we can proceed onward to battle.net.
June 20, 2008 12:56:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Aye. I will be on the IRC channel both days
June 20, 2008 2:50:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Saturday evening is bad for me, because I??m on my ball (finished school and we organized a ball etc.)

Sunday would be better for me, even I??m not living in the US but in Germany
June 20, 2008 5:18:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
I have a 21st birthday party to attend Saturday night. Sunday would be the logical choice for me haha.
June 20, 2008 5:20:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
We could also run it over LC and hamachii. This would reduce latency for everyone (or should). If no one likes this idea then someone with a good connection from Central timezone should host with DC (Dota Client) or LC (Listchecker) in order to give optimal latency for West and East. Just throwing it out there so we might be prepared.
June 21, 2008 5:54:48 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Alright, eleven potential players for ten slots in the game. How does Saturday or Sunday evening (EDT) work for everyone? Usling may need to stay up late, but if everyone else is in the US that should hopefully work out. It'll probably be easier to get everyone together in the demigod IRC channel first, then we can proceed onward to battle.net.

I think sunday could be good but like Nokthra i'm european, and i have an EDT +6 (EDT= Eastern Daylight Time? Is that correct?)

June 21, 2008 10:43:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
EDT= Eastern Daylight Time? Is that correct?

Yes, it's BST-5, AFAIK. Looks like Sunday is the popular choice, how does around 6pm EDT sound?
June 21, 2008 2:18:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
I'd be down for this.
June 21, 2008 6:47:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
I'm a frequent DotA player. I play alot so just hit me up. I can host LC and usually host even people from EU with little or no problems. I'll try to be on tonight(in about 3 hours) and tomorrow if anyone wants to get on and play.

ScreenName: Brentmeister
Region: battlenet.uswest
June 22, 2008 3:04:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Sounds good to me. If anything final is determined, let me know at [email protected] and I'll be there. I'll check back here when I can too. I used to play DotA a lot, but haven't played in a while, so it would be fun to check it out again.
June 22, 2008 7:59:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Hi.
I will try to be up for this today (I??m not sure about those different time zones, but I think I got it )
June 22, 2008 11:46:28 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

i think i can be there

June 22, 2008 12:05:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Which Gateway do we use? U.S. West or U.S. East?
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000843   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.