Closed Beta quesiton.

By Posted April 11, 2008 03:59:57

Ok I'm a Aussie with a quick question regarding Closed Beta, more specifically regarding download mirrors.

Prior to the recent info about Stardock publishing Demigod, it was our understanding that GPG were going to be self publishing the game, and thus beta access might have be given to people with GPG accounts (just assuming that), regardless thats irrelevant now. I'm prepared to pay for a pre-release copy to get into the beta if i can be sure about one thing.

This question is to the Australians who participated in Solar Empire beta. Was there any available mirrors on Game Arena to download SotSE beta? Only reason i ask is it would be un-metered for me to download Demigod beta there (assuming they will follow suit with Demigod), as opposed to blowing my entire download limit on the game (in which after i won't be doing much beta'ing on 64k ) from another source. This is also me assuming the game is going to be fairly sizeable. Yes I assume alot, hahaha.

Thanks in advanced

4 Replies 2 Referrals
April 11, 2008 05:52:06
From my experience with the sins beta you will only be able to download the beta directly via stardock central/impulse from one of their 2 us servers.
April 11, 2008 06:06:09
Being a fellow aussie, I can say that unfortunately its probably no.

I had to use up part of my quota for the Sins betas, but it was well worth it:(. It is to note that the Sins betas were quite small due to the use of place holders. Not sure about Demigod but I am hopping it will be of similar size (400~550 Mb).
April 11, 2008 06:16:56
I would expect it to be smaller than the supcom beta because it doesnt have 3 factions ?? 150 Units. But then maybe the superior artwork eats it all again. I doubt it will be more than 1 Gig though.
April 11, 2008 06:19:00
Oh if its only going to be around that size then i got no worries. Anything over 4gig would of been a problem, but thats a far off shot ey. Haha, thought id make myself prepared for anything.
Stardock Forums v1.5.3019.23903
© 1995-2008 Stardock Corporation. All rights reserved.
All times are EST. The time is now 14:24:04
Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000109   Page Render Time:
?? 2008 Stardock Corporation. All rights reserved.