Gameplay style?

By Posted April 8, 2008 09:53:39

It's hard to tell, but I get the feeling that this game is going to have similar play style to the older game called "Myth" (and Myth 2)

Basic idea is that each side gets x number of points to spend on different units, and then you battle it out until the arena is won.   Obviously this would have the added feature of the "demigod" (akin to Warlord Battlecry's hero).

Am I about right on that?  I sure hope so!

5 Replies 0 Referrals
April 8, 2008 10:11:21
I don't know how it worked in Myth but from what has been told so far in Demigod there are 2 Types of heroes, The Assassins who spends their money ( you start with some, I guess at least and you earn it for destroying enemies) mainly on Items to improve themselves and The Generals who spends their money mainly on building different types of barracks, improving them and of course training units in them.

The Goal is to destroy a specific Building at the heart of the enemy base (or maybe the complete enemy base, not sure about that)
April 8, 2008 13:25:20
Nope.

Get gold from killing, use gold to buy things.

Basically your enemy is the vespene gas. You require moar.
April 8, 2008 13:52:05
You are pretty much right-on, BigOne. You also gain experience from killing units so that you can gain levels and choose skills from a skill tree.
April 9, 2008 16:44:17
Wow, I can see how this game has room for expansions. What about a fighter demi-god instead of an assasin. What about a support demigod, or a demi-god that controls different kinds of units. The possibilities are staggering.
April 9, 2008 18:07:32
Assassins can be support demigods.. or so can Generals.

It's just Assassins only control their one unit. Generals can build additional ones (angels, minotaurs, catapultasaurus, maybe more plus 1 unique unit per general IIRC) and control big armys like a normal RTS.

But just because they're called ASsassins.. it's just the distinction of it being one person. The Assassin could, I assume, be a healer. It could do big heals to one unit, do aoe heals, chain heals, or something. I know of no such Assassin, but that kind of unit would be one.
Stardock Forums v1.5.3019.23903
© 1995-2008 Stardock Corporation. All rights reserved.
All times are EST. The time is now 21:42:38
Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:
?? 2008 Stardock Corporation. All rights reserved.