Beta

By Posted April 7, 2008 21:30:27
Wondering when, where and how we can sign up for the beta in the summer, Btw...more screenshots =D
24 Replies 4 Referrals
April 7, 2008 23:38:28

More screenshots coming soon!

We plan to have a way to sign up for the beta soon. Basically, what we do is let users pre-order the game and this automatically gives them access to the beta if they'd like to participate.

We're going to keep the first beta pretty limited so we'll announce a sign up date and once a fairly low number is hit, we'll close it.

April 8, 2008 01:01:51
Wow, I definitely was not expecting it to be so soon! Very good news, especially about pre-order.. If only it wasn't coming soon eh?
April 8, 2008 02:10:13
Should I be checking every day or every hour to make sure that I get a chance to get in?
April 8, 2008 03:12:33
That's a good question, Chirmaya. I'd love to be one of the first to get in, but given my long work hours I hope I don't have to keep refreshing the forum.
April 8, 2008 06:00:37
It would be nice if you would allow preordering with Paypal this time (unlike with Sins).

I know Paypal doesn't allow predating payments (or somesuch), but from my experience paying part of or even the full price of the product at the time you preorder isnt that uncommon... or is it?

In the worst case you could still implement a special Demigod "token", where you by a set of tokens to pay for the Demigod preorder, but dont have any left like in the 10 token packages right now
(I read that tokens will be discontinued at some point in the future, but for Sins tokens allowed preordering IIRC).
April 8, 2008 06:38:07
Should I be checking every day or every hour to make sure that I get a chance to get in?

With other stardock games everyone who pre-ordered could beta test.
April 8, 2008 08:19:22
how will we know when pre-ordering Demigod will get us in the Beta? all I want is in, I dont care HOW
April 8, 2008 08:46:36
Calm down guys, I'ts only the first day after they announced that Stardock is the publisher of the game, dont flood them with beta-signups they will be habndled in 2-3 month I guess.
If you loved Dota as much as I do, you're willing to Check here daily, am I right? So stay focused and wait

Cheers Omni
April 8, 2008 09:03:24
I hope there will be a closed beta...

April 8, 2008 11:02:42
regarding beta test, it's very clear :

LIMITED BETA TEST

"Pre-order Demigod by Gas Powered Games and gain access to the exclusive limited beta program, scheduled to begin Summer, 2008. This beta program is only open to those who pre-order the game directly through Stardock/Impulse"

Personnaly i have pre-ordered since anyway i will be charged only when the game is released, and now i know i have access to beta test, whenever it's opened

April 8, 2008 12:58:16
so people like me, who have no way of buying it online (im 19, I have no checks/paypal/Credit card and my parents are setchy on using CC online) get screwed over, huh? thats fantastic... SO do I HAVE to buy this online now, because GPG went with Stardock? will it not be on store shelves? CMON! not cool!
April 8, 2008 13:06:15
It'll be in store shelves.
April 8, 2008 13:36:56
Thanks for the link to the pre-order page, got it all ready for the release now =D
April 8, 2008 13:52:56
just pre-ordered
April 8, 2008 16:03:50
Thanks frogboy for the news. I will put my order in on Thursday. I'm not going to screw this up like I did with Sins. Dl & box for me this time.
April 8, 2008 17:40:34
I have been excited about this game for several months and have told all my friends about it. I am going to preorder right now to get into the first beta.
April 8, 2008 20:57:37
so people like me, who have no way of buying it online (im 19, I have no checks/paypal/Credit card and my parents are setchy on using CC online) get screwed over, huh? thats fantastic... SO do I HAVE to buy this online now, because GPG went with Stardock? will it not be on store shelves? CMON! not cool!

Do you live in the US? I mean, really, you are considered an adult if for no other reason than chronologically. You are certainly entitled to a checking account as well as Paypal. No credit card? Get a pre-paid card from Wal-Mart. It has numbers and a date just like all the others and you certainly can use it just like a CC.

I don't think you want this bad enough.
April 8, 2008 21:05:05
Demigod will be available worldwide at retail on launch. 
April 9, 2008 06:37:42

Demigod will be available worldwide at retail on launch.

Does this also mean that it will be localized in various languages like it can be required for release in some european countries?

I hope the language is correctly handled (like it is in GC2 I think) in Demigod to limit problems that can arise when upgrading a localized version, especially for multiplayer play ...

I also hope that some problems encountered with the retail distribution of GC2 in Europe will be avoided.

April 10, 2008 02:36:50
Well I preordered, and while I got a confirmation email, it's not showing up in my account (although my previous purchases do) at store.stardock.com. Am I just being impatient?

-HM
April 10, 2008 03:09:18
Mine hasn't shown up in my invoice/previous orders as well. I think that could be due to the fact that it hasn't been charged, but there doesn't seem to be a way to access that information for some reason.
April 10, 2008 10:01:39
Thanks for checking. I passed a message to sales, because even if it's not available, it should still show up as something I paid for. Otherwise I could forget I ordered it and order it again!

Oh wait, hrm, conspiracy theories...

-HM
April 10, 2008 10:03:54
Mine hasn't shown up in my invoice/previous orders as well. I think that could be due to the fact that it hasn't been charged

Yep.

For those who are wondering though, you can confirm your preorder with [email protected] at any time.
April 10, 2008 10:29:31
Oh noes, looks like kryo got hit by the "forums go boom" problem.

Thanks kryo,

-HM
Stardock Forums v1.5.3019.23903
© 1995-2008 Stardock Corporation. All rights reserved.
All times are EST. The time is now 03:44:28
Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001250   Page Render Time:
?? 2008 Stardock Corporation. All rights reserved.