The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

One Liners

By on October 4, 2007 10:57:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
For a school assignment, I'm collecting a bunch of one liners. Stuff like: I can call spirits from the vasty deep. / Why, so can I, or so can any man. But will they come when you do call for them?

I'd refine that down to:
I can call spirits from the vasty deep
But will they come when you call?

So far, I have the following... anyone have anything to add?

I am always right, except when I'm wrong.

The avalanche has already started, it is too late for the pebbles to vote.

Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, my side, and the truth.

"And these .. these phrases you keep speaking in. They don't make any sense."
"Ah, you seek meaning?"
"Yes."
"Then listen to the music, not the song."

"We are already, as you so quaintly put it, going straight to hell. We can not escape what's coming."
"Maybe not, but there's nothing wrong with taking a good ahead start."

"I apologize. I'm .. sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a
station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to
hell. .. As with everything else, it's the thought that counts."

"Well, who wants to live forever?"
"I do, actually. But what the hell.

"No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

"I told you, Delenn, they will not speak to you."
"Then they will listen to me. I served the Council for 16 cycles. I was the chosen of Dukhat to replace him. I held him when he died. His blood is on my
hands, his spirit in my eyes, his word on my lips. You will step aside in his name and mine, or .. in Valen's name, I will tear this ship apart with my
bare hands until I find them. Move aside."

Too much intermarrying I suppose. I always say: 'When you reduce a family tree to a family bush, you just can't hide as much beneath it.'"

On grief: He wished I would not shoulder such a weight, but if I must it should be in a sturdy pack and not loose in my arms. So it would be behind you,
but still with you, and would not obscure your vision.

And just one more thing. On your trip back I'd like you to take the time to learn the Babylon 5 mantra: 'Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova.
I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.' Babylon Control
out. .. Civilians! [Looks up] I was just kidding about the God part -- no offense.

"Who am I? I'm Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrei and Sofie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance, and the boot that is gonna kick your sorry
ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I'm death incarnate and the last living thing that you're ever going to see. God sent me."

Damn the rules!
Believe me, we've tried!
-Hell, talking to itself

There is no such thing as just a cat.

To everything there is a season,
a time for every purpose under the sun.

I'm trying to track one down about how anything good that is done is done in gods name, anything evil is done in the name of the devil...
+61 Karma | 20 Replies
October 5, 2007 12:53:40 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
"You can agree with me or be wrong."

"God didn't make Rambo. I did!"

"He's trained to eat things that make a billy-goat puke."

"I am here to chew bubble gum and kick a$$, and I am all out of bubble gum."

Mitch: [at the funeral] So, Grandpa, how come you didn't come to the church?
Vince: God makes me nervous when you get him indoors - besides, I don't like to see people in their coffins. They always look so much smaller without their spirits.

October 5, 2007 1:10:31 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
"You can agree with me or be wrong."

Last one didn't make sense too me, the other two I don't think they're what I'm looking for. Though you did remind me about that one about "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother fucker in the valley."
October 5, 2007 3:54:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

think it was more liek

"i'm here to chew bubble gum or kick a##, and I'm all out of bubble gum"

i personally like this one

[15:52] * @kryo_forumherding nails eet to a power outlet
[15:53] * eetmorsqrls nails kryo to a power outlet and turns the power on.
October 5, 2007 11:08:56 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Guys, I'm going to carve these things into a fontain... stuff like

[15:52] * @kryo_forumherding nails eet to a power outlet
[15:53] * eetmorsqrls nails kryo to a power outlet and turns the power on.

just don't work Even if its funny.
October 6, 2007 2:25:27 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
If you're going to be a turd, go lie in the lawn!

While having a positive attitude won't always make things better, it will annoy enough people to be worthwhile.

Never take Fifi to Chinatown.

October 6, 2007 6:54:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
[15:52] * @Yarlen I SWEAR TO DRUNK IM NOT GOD!!!

PS. the above message did not actually occur, but you have to admit that it is quite funneh
October 7, 2007 2:30:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
the above message did not actually occur

for the love of...

it was SO funny until you said this.
October 7, 2007 2:32:50 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
October 7, 2007 3:34:21 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
I have one:

"It was me! I was the turkey all along!" -Girr
October 7, 2007 3:53:05 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

"It was me! I was the turkey all along!" -Girr

?
October 7, 2007 4:23:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
i know, but the fbi's would have taken me had i no---
October 7, 2007 4:48:21 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
?

October 7, 2007 7:12:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
I love Girr.

Can I be a mongosse-dog?
October 8, 2007 5:59:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
"There was that one time when I was wrong. I thought I was wrong, turns out I was mistaken"

"Due to recent cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off"

"Just to let you know when you were climbing the ladder to success all the smart people took the elevator"
October 8, 2007 7:48:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
I SWEAR TO DRUNK IM NOT GOD!!!

Is it just me or is it getting cold in here?

On that note:

What seems to be the officer, problem?

BTW: What are these all from? And Schod change your icon unless your Schem and just created a new account.
October 8, 2007 7:54:06 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
And Schod change your icon unless your Schem and just created a new account.

he is schem! PAY ATTENTION NOOOOOOBBBBB
October 8, 2007 8:10:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I think I stumped the stars... Oh wait, no stars to stump
October 8, 2007 8:56:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
I'm a decider.
October 8, 2007 9:01:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

And Schod change your icon unless your Schem and just created a new account.

he is schem! PAY ATTENTION NOOOOOOBBBBB

Well SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
October 8, 2007 9:20:50 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Life is a bitch... this is true.

But she's my bitch.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000187   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.