The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Bad Forum Coding

A problem thats starting to annoy me

By on September 29, 2007 9:54:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
I'm starting to get really annoyed with a problematic aspect of this forums code: the way it lists thread.

90+% of the time it does it right, so many threads are displayed on page one, then it picks it up on page two of a given set, e.g. (made up numbers incoming, I'm too lazy to count) 1 - 50, then 51-100. But every once in a while, it will display 1-5 on the first page, then 51-100 on the next. This makes a large number of threads difficult/impossible to access until after someone posts something or the forum otherwise decides to update the way its listing that page (refresh doesn't fix it until 5-10 minutes have passed unless someone posts something, from what I can tell).

Anyone else getting this really annoying problem?
+61 Karma | 3 Replies
September 30, 2007 11:04:22 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
This problem has been talked about before Ron, it's not that new, and I don't think its going to change
September 30, 2007 11:57:11 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
AFAIK it's the database server. Similar to when you may occasionally load the recent posts list and it's completely blank (load too heavy, forum's query timed out), though I'm not sure if the reduced listing is intentional or just a different manifestation of that issue. 
September 30, 2007 8:58:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
though I'm not sure if the reduced listing is intentional

given that the reduced listing only persists for one page, preventing me from accessing dozens of posts, I doubt its intentional.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000031   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.