The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Petition for EFF to investigate Microsoft for malicious practices regarding Windows 10

By on June 9, 2016 4:54:12 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums External Link

JcRabbit

Join Date 03/2001
+198

There is a petition you can sign to see if this matter can be brought to the attention of the EFF. It's only about 4 days old but it's slowly gaining momentum and, at the time I am writing this, already counts with over 4,000 signatures.

Personally I'm amazed MS hasn't been hit by a class action suite yet. If you dislike MS latest practices (this has nothing to do with liking the OS itself or not) as much as me, go ahead and add your signature to the petition.

You can find it HERE.

10 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 9, 2016 6:08:32 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'd be surprised if the EFF and others aren't doing that already...

June 9, 2016 6:40:10 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Didn't MS already lose one class action lawsuit. I thought I saw something to that effect.

June 9, 2016 10:25:13 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm amazed MS hasn't been hit by a class action suite yet.

Hopefully it's bigger than a suite....more the size of an apartment building perhaps...

Spell checker

June 9, 2016 2:36:28 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,

I'm amazed MS hasn't been hit by a class action suite yet.

Hopefully it's bigger than a suite....more the size of an apartment building perhaps...

Spell checker

It does not need to be that big. The amount of paperwork will probably need something larger than a suite case to contain it though. 

June 9, 2016 3:30:44 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

to both of you lol

Class action lawsuit it is.

June 9, 2016 3:46:50 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I put my 2 cents in! 

June 9, 2016 5:13:40 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I put my 1 cent in, I'm cheap, LOL

June 10, 2016 12:46:59 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I did my bit and signed.  Now let's hope it actually goes somewhere and MS is made to changes its nefarious ways

June 10, 2016 3:36:52 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting starkers,

I did my bit and signed. Now let's hope it actually goes somewhere and MS is made to changes its nefarious ways

yep i did too , i just hope those idiots listen

June 10, 2016 4:55:22 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Just for the record, it's not so much that Win 10 in itself is a bad OS, but rather that MS is forcing on users and not giving them a choice to 'upgrade' or not.  There are also components of Win 10 that just should not be there: telemetry; tracking; phone home apps under the guise of providing better services.  Okay, so Siri can let you know of the closest restaurants and when the next bus is, but at what cost to privacy.  Then there's the enforced updates that can fech up your PC and take hours to fix...

If MS were to fix these things and hand 'past controls back to users, then perhaps Win 10 could be the best OS they've produced.  Until then, it is by far the worst, and given that plans are underway to introduce the same abhorrent things to Win 7 and Win 8/8.1, something really needs to be done to curb the patently wrong methods and ideas MS has adopted since Satya Nadella took over.  Frankly, Windows is not the most attractive OS anymore, with long-term Windows users switching to Linux or Apple's OS-X to avoid to bully-boy tactics of Microsoft.

In a nutshell, Microsoft has fucked up severely under the 'leadership' of Nadella, and Bill Gates needs to retake the head position as CEO if Microsoft is to survive this discontent from users worldwide. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000187   Page Render Time: