The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Quadfire support?

By on February 18, 2016 3:37:25 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

yunoquadfire

Join Date 02/2016

I bought into the beta because of the anandtech article. 

My PC is running quadfire, 2 of 295x2 but only one of the two puts out any heat, and moderate at that. 

No difference between dx11 and dx12. Unplayable at 4k, ~25fps

Any advice to get crossfire working?

Thanks a million

6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 18, 2016 4:25:52 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Not supported yet I'm afraid. But come Beta 2 on the 25th of this month they will be supporting multiple GPUs. Likely just DX12 unless new drivers are dropping for the game to support SLI/CF under DX11. 

With the two dual-GPU cards your system will be an interesting test case to see how well it does. At the moment you are just running 1 of the 4 GPUs in your system. I'd be interested in an update from yourself once the next Beta is out, if you're willing. If it all works then you should be able to max out the game and have good FPS at 4K I would think. I don't know if they are yet able to "pool" the RAM in reality yet, though it is meant to be theoretically possible. I think that would make the difference of using 4GB or up to 16GB of VRAM for the game in your case. (As each of your cards is 2x4GB VRAM. Traditional SLI/CF will only allow you to use 4 as it duplicates the data across the VRAMs rather than being able to pool it together. That will be true even with your two cards which makes 2x(2x4), which should equal 16 but under DX11 still = 4.)

P.S. That is a beast of a gaming setup

February 19, 2016 6:42:27 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Thanks so much for the response.

I'll be sure to post results with the forthcoming beta build. CPU is a 5930k OCed. 

Can't wait!

February 19, 2016 6:54:06 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Indeed. Beta 2 will have support for multi-GPU on DirectX 12.  Hopefully AMD will have drivers that support that partciular card (I'm not familiar with it).

February 19, 2016 8:37:15 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting yunoquadfire,

Thanks so much for the response.

I'll be sure to post results with the forthcoming beta build. CPU is a 5930k OCed. 

Can't wait!

NP and I look forward to your results. I'm gonna guess they will be running on 4GB of RAM in reality but it should still do a sweet job.

Quoting Frogboy,

Indeed. Beta 2 will have support for multi-GPU on DirectX 12.  Hopefully AMD will have drivers that support that partciular card (I'm not familiar with it).

A 295x2 is two R9 290x's on one board/GPU. Kind of like Cross-Fire on one card. And he has two of these. So effectively four R9 290x's.

Is there any chance DX12 will allow for VRAM pooling now or in the future?

March 1, 2016 3:19:40 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Beta2 crashes on DX12 startup. I get a splash screen, "Optimizing Turinium Cores.." and exit. No ability to change or set video options.

Will stick around for beta3

March 1, 2016 3:36:23 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting yunoquadfire,

Beta2 crashes on DX12 startup. I get a splash screen, "Optimizing Turinium Cores.." and exit. No ability to change or set video options.

Will stick around for beta3

http://esupport.stardock.com/index.php?/default_import/Knowledgebase/Article/View/530/175/general-ashes-of-the-singularity-troubleshooting

Some stuff there if you want to try to fix it.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time: