The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Asymmetric Space-Emperor themed 4x on Kickstarter

By on June 25, 2015 3:51:27 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums External Link

hedetet

Join Date 02/2012
+9

Thought you guys might be interested (note: this isn't my project, although I'm a backer)

The page explains the concept well (excerpt)

Core design choices

1) You are the Emperor not a logistics officer 

you appoint governors, admirals, crush rebels, grant audiences, fend assassination attempts, you do not move individual ships around, you do not build farms on a planet.

2) No micromanagement, epic scale, fast paced 

you control hundreds of planets yet there is no micromanagement and the gameplay progress fast even at a late stage.

3) Asymmetric gameplay 

aliens are truly alien (some see you as food, some are civilized), races are not born equal (tech level, power, etc), different scenarios with drastically different starting conditions (for example: "you start with half galaxy under your control and need to fight rebels instead of aliens")

Link: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/pocket-space-empire-turn-based-4x-for-pc

3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 25, 2015 6:05:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I like the sound of it, thanks for sharing!

August 24, 2015 3:47:17 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

This game seems original. There is no tactics in it, only high strategy.

Than you for sharing it ^^

September 10, 2015 12:55:56 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sounds interesting.... but I generally prefer having the ability to control everything in a 4x game...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000109   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2015 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.