The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Please stop these awful uploading guidelines!

By on March 26, 2015 10:50:50 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

bluedxca93

Join Date 07/2014
+11

Hi,

I do now think if i schould publish all my new themes as forum posts in section everything else in a bluedxca93 themes skins etc.  thread until i get a master here: . !

Reason:

"Dear bluedxca93,

Thank you for your recent upload of your Water oracle for WindowBlinds
Unfortunately your upload has not met our guidelines and has been rejected.
However we do look forward to your future submissions.

Needs a better preview. See other skins in the gallery for examples.

Sincerely,
The WinCustomize Staff "

THAT WAS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS DOING BEFORE CREATING THAT SCREENSHOT. MASTER SKINNERS PREVIEWS ARE NOT ALWAYS VERY  BETTER TOO.

Well, my network connection is low and i don`t wanna do have uploading it 3 times. Regarding the number of submissions and the data usage  of  wba packeages  in a week it schould be possible to store the .wba packages at least a week  to let the author make the required changes. Its inhuman to reject  fully something that has the same qualitiy as other skins.

There are also non masters skinning and wanting to make skins here so do relax that doubtful behaviour a bit.

regards bluedxca93

Locked Post 10 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 26, 2015 11:00:59 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

This is something that should be discussed in PM, but since you posted we'll do it here. Skins should have a decent preview which will entice people to download it. A screenshot of the SKS preview isn't a good preview for a skin.  

Its inhuman to reject  fully something that has the same qualitiy as other skins.

There are also non masters skinning and wanting to make skins here so do relax that doubtful behaviour a bit.

Doubtful behavior? WinCustomize has always been a moderated site and skins are rejected on a regular basis for all types of reasons.

March 26, 2015 11:01:10 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

A skin preview needs to be a reasonable representation of the skin, both in clarity, accuracy and completion.  It is a simple matter to achieve and if done correctly each time will not see the upload being rejected....

March 26, 2015 3:59:49 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

And, I might add, you don't need to make Master to skip Moderation...Journeyman will do, but if you cannot make a reasonably good preview, it may take some time to ever reach that level. Moderation is there to keep the quality high and protect the artists and has always been fair and honest.  Remember, the Mods are volunteers who do what they do for the love of skinning. I, for one, hope they remain for as long as WC is around.

March 27, 2015 2:33:29 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Island Dog,

. Skins should have a decent preview which will entice people to download it.

Quoting Jafo,

A skin preview needs to be a reasonable representation of the skin, both in clarity, accuracy and completion

Jafo thx for your hint. am glad you are trying to help. Guess you mean show ng explorer.exe in all its variations and  make the fitting  wallpaper at least 50% of the skin preview.

Post my 2nd preivew picture try here and await reviews to not having to   upload the wba package for nothing again.

b.t.w.: islandog  can`t you simply tell me what to improve before its even going trough moderating process.? Would be wounderful if that is possible.

You know im not tryign to spam and to work in terms of the guidelines, but there are not always clear ( even for a not inexperienced theme designer) .Well i posted it here since i don like forum pms with sites moderators very much from experience. Often forum pm  messages are not read.

Do always assume forum administrators and moderators are friendly and fair ! Hope and think its the case here too.

March 27, 2015 6:41:38 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It's your choice of course however 99.9% (swag) of previews show the start menu.

April 15, 2015 5:32:30 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I agree with the last 2 comments. Please show the start menu. Even if a preview was allowed without it I would not likely download it because I want to be able to see what the start menu is like. As far as I am concerned that type of preview should be rejected.

May 8, 2015 1:53:32 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hi,

so it seems as i do have to  include start menu previews in future.

Thx for all of your help. !!!

regards bluedxca93

May 8, 2015 6:49:29 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting bluedxca93,

so it seems as i do have to include start menu previews in future.

I'm sure there are other reasons for a preview to be disallowed, I wouldn't hang your hat on this assumption.

May 8, 2015 8:28:25 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Also it should be 1024x768.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time: