The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Anyone seen the new Alienware Area 51 - 2014 case yet ?

By on October 8, 2014 5:03:12 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

benmanns

Join Date 12/2005
+83

Well i thought this would be a good post since we also had some interesting posts about the can looking like macintosh pro.
So i thought i make a post about the new design of the new alienware PC.
I think the whole shape and form of it looks pretty amazing despite whats build into it.
This thing is seriously looking like alientech   The shape reminds me of Dario Arnaez logo a bit. 

61 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 9, 2014 11:46:38 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

i don’t think it would overheat 3 internal fans mainly for the triple sli setup fans on top and one on the back the cpu is liquid cooled. 
The only problem i see is they use reference cards of Nvidia = noisy crap & bad cooling since they only have one fan ( my opinion )
Due to the 45 degree angle setup the airflow is pretty much optimized and the air is easily transported or directed to the back fan, since warm air tends to rise it’s a nice thought.
To the space and the board it should be a 2011-3 socket since of the cpu and you can choose whatever board you like as far as i know and as long as it support sli and is ATX i do not see any upgrading problems, given that option you would have a standard of 4 PCI-e x16 on cheaper boards and 5-6 PCI-e x16 and another 1 or 2 additional PCI-e x4 slot if that’s not enough i don’t know.
There is space for 3 HDDs and 2 SSD´s on the other side (that is plenty) if you consider 4TB HDD drives - Western Digital is even offering up to 6TB per drive.
(Sure if you have smaller drives 1 TB those are full pretty quickly but let’s face it those are old or at least have a couple of years on their back or had been used as master in the past or secondary..)Anyway
So you can have 12 TB on HDD and that is more than enough space for backups i believe + you still have your SSD´s and maybe a PCI-e SSD still space for TV card and Soundcard
@starkers
 SATA/USB expansion cards ??? the board has 10x USB3.0  and 2xUSB 2.0 
12x SATA what are you planning with those additional cards ?

if it comes with windows 10 it might just have a wallpaper to change the look a little older versions of alienware computers came with a special skin + icons

Edit: it doesnt have a fan on the top i thought there would be one so basically all they need is a good fan on the back. 

About the Design explaining why they picked the angle also talks about the exhaust fan

October 9, 2014 12:14:25 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting benmanns,

a little older versions of alienware computers came with a special skin + icons
That would be the way to go.

-If that's so I'm def in !

October 9, 2014 1:14:28 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting starkers,

providing it didn't overheat

I somehow doubt these guys makes a half-ass job.
They aren't your average living-in-moms-basement-fiddling-stuff-up-by-trial-by-error type nerds......

October 9, 2014 5:08:46 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I think it's pretty damn awesome looking too. However... my PC sits in a covered area of my desk. I would want this puppy to be out on display if I had it.

Nice to see someone doing something actually creative for a change.

October 9, 2014 5:26:39 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I love it too...

October 9, 2014 5:54:39 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Was beginning to think I was the last man standing appreciating this style in design  

-I feel better lol

PS -Vampothika loves it too

October 9, 2014 7:14:25 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting neone6,

Was beginning to think I was the last man standing appreciating this style in design

Oh....am sure squillions will call it 'kewl' but it's simple 'bling' no more sophisticated than yet another strip of blue leds.

The issue with 'fashion statements' is that they will date.

Eventually there'll be a new A-ware case that people will go 'ooh' over...and those still with this one will feel an urge to update/conform.

Other than it being in the shape of the A-Ware logo/form it's no different to a whole bunch of existing odd-ball cases, all of which are novel, but more often than not - impractical.

Good design is its own reward...

October 9, 2014 7:32:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,

but it's simple 'bling' no more sophisticated than yet another strip of blue leds.
And I love it

October 9, 2014 10:46:04 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting neone6,

And I love it

Yes....you're into blue leds...and I expect the Alienware 'style' is exactly where you're at...

October 9, 2014 11:20:33 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You know me better than I do myself Paul

October 10, 2014 4:17:57 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,

The issue with 'fashion statements' is that they will date.

As skinning is.....

But that's a whole other kettle of fish.

October 10, 2014 6:52:34 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Truth to tell if I could afford such a thing I'd be all over it. One for the novelty and two for the power of this puppy. Imagine hooking it up to a big screen TV and playing with graphics on that. I'd drive myself crazier than I already am. Lol

And here's where my imagination goes. Get a 5TB external (saw one advertised) get a copy of CS6 extended or maybe a really good 3D proggie (C4D I think that's what its called) all my usual SD apps plus a few other goodies and WALLAH! Super cool setup. Plug it in, turn it on and KABLAM! it blows me and my place to the moon. Lets face it...if I could afford that monster I could afford all those others as well.

October 10, 2014 8:29:51 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Uvah...you'd get more bang-for-your-buck by avoiding proprietary cases and their accompanying 'bling' and concentrate on actual functionality.

Most of those 'fancy' cases are for kids who feel the need to show off to other people in a slumber party or whatever those closet computer game 'fests' are called....

October 10, 2014 8:59:48 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I know but fantasizing has its own rewards.  

October 10, 2014 9:18:54 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

BTW....was being obtuse....it's friday night...and we all know what that means....

Lan parties.....one of things for people-without-partners ....

October 10, 2014 11:40:47 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,

Uvah...you'd get more bang-for-your-buck by avoiding proprietary cases and their accompanying 'bling' and concentrate on actual functionality.

Yup, I have to agree here,   As stated before, I select the best components my budget allows and choose an appropriate case to house them.  If that case happens to have a bit of bling, all well and good, but first and foremost it has to be functional and have plenty of ventilation and room for expansion. 

There's nothing worse than acluttered case that's difficult to work in.  Well there is, but that's another story....

Quoting Uvah,

I know but fantasizing has its own rewards.

Uvah, you're starting to worry me, fantasising about computer cases and bits.  Me, I like to fantasise about 'other' bits. 

Quoting Jafo,

BTW....was being obtuse....it's friday night...and we all know what that means.

Yup, white wine night and Paul's pissed.

Quoting Jafo,

Lan parties.....one of things for people-without-partners .

For some!  I'm currently without a partner and would never consider a LAN party as a means of.... er, a suitable replacement.

However, I might consider a blow-up doll... so there's somebody across the table at meal times... somebody to say "did you see that" when watching my fave TV show... somebody to bitch at when things don't work properly, such as the common PC fech up.... and somebody to blame for those middle of the night dutch ovens.

September 6, 2015 2:53:45 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The video is great. And I also recommend to download the Alienware Area 51 drivers from here: https://www.driverdr.com/dell-drivers/dell-alienware-area-51-drivers-free-download

September 6, 2015 2:34:06 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting christinebelle,

The video is great. And I also recommend to download the Alienware Area 51 drivers from here: https://www.driverdr.com/dell-drivers/dell-alienware-area-51-drivers-free-download

I highly recommend not to do that
Instead i recommend using the official Dell support site.
Since "source" is always best option.

'That was a quick birthday post therefore i will not include a link. 
Have fun. 

October 19, 2015 10:12:08 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

My Case is better.. and far more configurable.. 

https://www.originpc.com/workstation/desktops/genesis-pro/

This is exactly how mine looks..

Had it about 3 weeks... its one badass machine..

October 19, 2015 11:39:03 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

BMW Design did mine...for Thermaltake.  It's a work of art...

October 20, 2015 1:10:37 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hey John, nice case. with some impressive specs.   Your case is similar to mine, configuration-wise... with similar interior designs and the extra storage space below.  I have the CoolerMaster Cosmos II and it too is quite a nice piece of hardware with some great specs and masses of room for expansion.  It is one heavy beast as well, weighing in at 22kg empty and nearing 80kg fully loaded... has 13 x 3 TB HDDS; 1 x 256gb M.2 SSD; 2 x 512 SSDs; a dual GTX680; a SoundBlaster ZxR; ASUS Maximus Hero VII; 32gb DDR3' Corsair H110 liquid cooling and an i7 4790K.  Certainly not the best specs one could get, but still pretty badass just the same.

I was going to use the case to build a machine with similar specs to Jafo's Thermaltake beastie link, but other priorities required the cash, so I swapped the above hardware [the mobo was new, however] into the new Coolermaster case.

Anyway, John, congrats on the new rig, it looks fantastic. 

BTW, it's good to see you back on the forums again.

October 20, 2015 8:33:05 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

cool-master all the way.

October 24, 2015 6:18:20 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Nice one McStarkers, Jafo....

Very happy with what I have now, VERY happy.... 3K later.. but.. very happy.

October 25, 2015 1:29:25 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting vStyler,

Nice one McStarkers, Jafo....

Very happy with what I have now, VERY happy.... 3K later.. but.. very happy.

I'm pleased that you're pleased.... mind you, it is a very, very nice rig.  I read up on the specs and was suitably impressed with the hardware within.  You'll have more than enough power, graphics ability and memory to do just about anything your heart desires with it

Though I'm happy with my beast, I originally wanted the same case a Jafo, but in black.  Trouble is, you just can't buy them anywhere, and his was a limited edition that sold out very quickly... like before I could get a look in.  I also wanted to upgrade my hardware with an i7 5960X CPU and ASUS Rampage v Extreme mobo with DDR4 RAM, but health considerations came first and I used the money there instead. 

However, Intel has released the Skylake range and I may look at upgrading to something similar in 2016 instead.  Having said that, I am happy with the performance of my current rig... and the case is simply outstanding.  I thought my Thermaltake Level 10 GT had plenty of internal space... this thing, heavy as it is, has enough room to hold a ballroom dance, a wedding reception and tech convention all at once.

Maybe not, but it is huge.  In fact, I'm considering putting it on casters, given its size AND weight.

October 26, 2015 12:08:51 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting starkers,

Though I'm happy with my beast, I originally wanted the same case a Jafo, but in black. Trouble is, you just can't buy them anywhere, and his was a limited edition that sold out very quickly... like before I could get a look in.

The black one was the original, released in 2009...and thus unavailable.  Mine was a new Limited Edition [500] released in 2014... in any colour as long as it was Ti ...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000469   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2015 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.