The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Auto Subscribe Sucks

Since yesterday....

By on August 19, 2014 6:14:32 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

RedneckDude

Join Date 04/2009
+1543

Can't quote in forums, and I am being subscribed to any thread I reply to.

Windows 7 64 bit IE11.

Locked Post 121 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 21, 2014 2:05:49 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Any progress on this? I was told it was being looked into.

I hope that doesn't mean "let's let it slide and see if it goes away".   

*Note to self: Remember to uncheck the subscribe box.*

September 21, 2014 3:36:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting RedneckDude,

Any progress on this? I was told it was being looked into.

*Note to Jim: It's Sunday. 

September 21, 2014 7:11:13 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Since it's been over a month since the issue was first addressed, it's not unreasonable to ask about progress.......even on a Sunday.

I highly doubt that Jim was asking for an immediate response today, I'm sure he expects some will see it tomorrow.

September 21, 2014 8:31:25 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting 2of3,

I highly doubt that Jim was asking for an immediate response today, I'm sure he expects some will see it tomorrow.

Thanks Tim, you'd be correct. 

*Note to Doc, I know. But it wasn't yesterday, or the day before....*

September 21, 2014 10:06:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting 2of3,

Since it's been over a month since the issue was first addressed, it's not unreasonable to ask about progress.......even on a Sunday.

In your world.

You note how many admin answers you've gotten on Sunday.

And this endlessly whiney, PITA thread you keep going has been seen. Only you think repeating (seemingly) endlessly will make it happen faster. 

Why not just use the auto-subscribe feature?

September 21, 2014 10:34:12 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DrJBHL,

Because it subscribes me to EVERY thread I reply to. Most of which I do not want to subscribe to. PLUS, there is a non working option to turn it off. Make THAT work and I will shut up.

I do not want subscription forced on me, nor do I want to be forced to remember to uncheck what should already be unchecked by default every time I make a reply.

I know the above reply is directed to Tim, but I am also keeping this thread going, for several reasons.

I pay a subscription to this site and have the right to complain or to ask for repairs when things do not work as they were intended to.

I get tired of dealing with broken parts of this site, things that are so obviously being ignored.

I get tired of the idea that we users need to conform to whatever the site throws at us, even though we pay to use it, and the ridiculous attitude that to discuss what we'd like changed/fixed is considered PITA whining.

And I did not expect a response on Sunday, but would appreciate a response from the people that make things happen on this site.

Have a nice day.... 

September 21, 2014 11:43:04 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting RedneckDude,

I pay a subscription to this site and have the right to complain or to ask for repairs when things do not work as they were intended to.

I get tired of dealing with broken parts of this site, things that are so obviously being ignored.

I get tired of the idea that we users need to conform to whatever the site throws at us, even though we pay to use it, and the ridiculous attitude that to discuss what we'd like changed/fixed is considered PITA whining.

And I did not expect a response on Sunday, but would appreciate a response from the people that make things happen on this site.

You shouldn't 'just put up with it', and no one says you should. I'm just saying that repeating it over and over doesn't get it fixed faster or better...or at all.

You're frustrated, and you're not the only one. Take a look at the 'WC 2014" thread. 

September 21, 2014 11:50:03 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DrJBHL,

I'm just saying that repeating it over and over doesn't get it fixed faster or better...or at all.

Nor does mentioning it, then not bringing it up again.

Quoting RedneckDude,

Thanks, Doc. I understand your stance. It doesn't change mine, or the way I choose to be heard. 

Quoting RedneckDude,

I have been here long enough to know that this does happen some.

September 22, 2014 4:20:55 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DrJBHL,

In your world.

You note how many admin answers you've gotten on Sunday.

And this endlessly whiney, PITA thread you keep going has been seen. Only you think repeating (seemingly) endlessly will make it happen faster.

I have contributed 10% of the total comments on this thread and you 5%. Looks like we're both guilty of keeping the thread going. Which is something I view as positive.

You can call it a pain in the ass if you want, Seth, but an annoying itch get scratched eventually.

September 22, 2014 4:30:22 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Flogging a dead horse, still.

It is NOT a big issue.  It has been said it will be looked into.

Now the repetition can stop.

Long-standing 'senior' community members should be setting an example to others, not persisting with little more than a flame. 

If you see a site issue....report it.

Then move on.

September 22, 2014 6:45:04 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

now I will start to hunt frogs(specially boy frogs) (to eat the legs to see if the french have some good ideas regarding food(suspect not)) dogs on islands( to see if th chinese have good ideas regarding food(regarding meat sources maybe not)) jafo's (to see if they are similar to jaffa's  and how well they can roll down cinema isles) and any other odd bods with stardock badges (to see if they can pull their fingers out and ACTUALLY do something about issues that are irritating their customers).

harpo the disgruntled

September 22, 2014 10:59:10 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,

It is NOT a big issue.

It is for some. Even in the real world people have the right to a picket line/right to a peaceful demonstration.

I understand your comment Jafo, and will be scarce in these forums until this is fixed.  Thank you. 

September 22, 2014 11:06:22 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,

Long-standing 'senior' community members should be setting an example to others, not persisting with little more than a flame.

Yeah I know...it's unbelievable.

Anyway I won't let it get to me and I echo RND's statement:

will be scarce in these forums

September 22, 2014 11:13:14 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

What little free time I have to spend in these forums is far too valuable to me to waste on things like errant options. Please fix it.  Soon.

Thank You.

September 22, 2014 11:26:49 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting RedneckDude,

It is for some. Even in the real world people have the right to a picket line/right to a peaceful demonstration.

Oh yes.

And the last time I 'demonstrated' was at a court hearing where the accused was charged with 'burning his draft card' back in Vietnam vintage - arguably a justifiable right to protest.

Civil Rights of a Human being.

September 22, 2014 11:39:45 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I guess I exercise the right a tad more often than you do. I suppose that's wrong....

I will repeat, for clarity. I pay to use this site in a supposedly enhanced and ad free manner. I feel I have the right to complain when something is broken.

How hard can it be to fix a broken check box, so that it works as intended? Or to fix/remove a broken emoticon that hasn't worked in ages?

This is the reason for the statement:   " I was told it was being looked into.

I don't want to be demoted or reprimanded for exercising my rights, so I will shut up and wait.

And for the record, calling members a whiner isn't a nice thing for a long standing member to do either.

September 22, 2014 11:56:24 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Is there a way to disable the autosuscribtion feature every time as default , so that i can easier  select where i want to (be) subscribed ?

September 22, 2014 12:06:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

September 29, 2014 9:05:21 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

c'mon, please correct this. it should be an opt in not an opt out, it's really annoying.

September 30, 2014 6:09:10 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting gmc2,

c'mon, please correct this. it should be an opt in not an opt out, it's really annoying.
I totally AGREE, WHY are we FORCED to OPT out?????

this force opt out SCREAMS MARKETING FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

harpo the pissed off!

September 30, 2014 8:36:22 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,

Flogging a dead horse, still.
It is NOT a big issue. It has been said it will be looked into.
Now the repetition can stop.
If you see a site issue....report it.
Then move on.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000204   Page Render Time: