The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

looking for a statistik of sold computers Gaming and office around 2010 to 2014

By on June 24, 2014 5:25:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

benmanns

Join Date 12/2005
+86

Hey im looking for a trustworthy statistic of sold computers beetween 2010 to 2014 could also start from 2006-2013 i wouldn't mind
sadly im unable to find any good ones would you help me find a good one ?
I know that ID DOC or Jafo posted a good statistik some time ago but i cant find them.
Appreciate any help TY 

Locked Post 4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 25, 2014 2:24:46 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_share_of_personal_computer_vendors#2006.E2.80.932013 

That'll be a 'start'.

Searching ANYTHING on the net is about G.I.G.O.

That translates as garbage in garbage out.

The quality of a search result is entirely dependent on the quality of the input search parameters...

June 25, 2014 2:28:01 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thank you
I searched for Computers sold in 2014
expanded search by 2010-2014 and added Hardware
And then looked for Gaming PC´s but the results i got were ebay and Games sold in 2010 and so on not Computer Hardware 
I then tried "verkaufte Computer zwischen 2010-2014
Statistik über Computerkäufe

All i found was this http://www.theesa.com/facts/pdfs/esa_ef_2014.pdf 

June 25, 2014 2:58:50 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If you look specifically for Game PCs vs Office/work PCs you may find it comparatively difficult....depends on whether there is a use or relevance for such a stat to be 'wanted' and thus provided...

June 25, 2014 6:19:00 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I need a statistics showing the decline in 2008 or 2010, to underpin my theory that pc users did not upgrade or did not feel to upgrade to that time because of the system specs of the old consoles. Since most games are ported and only a few actually get developed on/for the pc, and if they do get developed for PC they get adjusted to the current gen of consoles so that the visual experience is not that significant different.
I do this since i fear that development of games and visual effects will be hold back by the current gen of consoles once again, even though im aware that not everyone is having the best rig at home and that the market also adjust to the average user and not the enthusiast with the best hardware on the board. But it would indicate that due to the low specs of consoles PC gamers did not upgrade as much as they could have...
It would give me the opportunity to demonstrate that there is a chance/feasibility that if a Studio decided to developed a game to utilize the full power of Desktop-PC Hardware the people would be technically willing to upgrade. All in the hope a publisher would not mind taking the risk of only selling a few copies because nobody else is having that much processing power to run the game . But it would then eventually motivate users to switch the platform and to invest in better hardware to recieve a better experience for their money and it would boost the market in different areas.
Meh all in all hard to explain in English for me 

I hope that even made sense the way i wrote it 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000062   Page Render Time: