pacov's League of Legends general discussion thread - strategies, etc #3

By on June 6, 2014 4:53:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

pacov

Join Date 02/2008
+183

Update 5/5/2016 -Stream is back!

Well, I started a thread back in Dec 2011 that’s seen a lot of activity (some 922,000 views over the course of a few years apparently...).  That thread had a good deal of tips/strategies/discussions about League of Legends from new and old players alike.  You can find the previous thread (now archived) here:  http://forums.joeuser.com/413863.  I think its time to start fresh with a new thread.

What’s this thread all about?
For those that followed the previous thread, the type of content you see here will be fairly consistent to what you are used to.  Please consider this a place to discuss LoL related content as you like.  I'll do the same and treat the thread as a blog as well where I talk about what’s going on with me in LoL.  Feel free to jump in and join the discussion if you like.

Quick background on me
I played a lot of Demigod as pacov/cheesuscrust. Back in August 2011, I started getting heavily involved in League of Legends, and folks from the community were kind enough to help me figure things out.  I play LoL most nights, stream, make videos and it’s my main gaming interest.

Some links 

2989 Replies +1 Karma
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
awuffleablehedgie
August 20, 2015 3:34:33 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yeah, I knew you were just kidding around. Here's some information regarding the program.

August 21, 2015 2:33:59 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting pacov,
Curious if you record all your games like that or just turn it on at specific moments

When he sees amazing Kalista mechanics in action?

August 22, 2015 12:26:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

playing a ranked duo w/ bryff now. 

August 23, 2015 10:53:10 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Just want to toss out this completely horrible thing.  Mord/aatrox bot - dbl relic start.  Find some other goon and try it once...

August 24, 2015 12:03:46 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting pacov,

Just want to toss out this completely horrible thing.  Mord/aatrox bot - dbl relic start.  Find some other goon and try it once...

No, I'm boycotting SR games for the time being.  Skarner is two of my friends favorite champion and I'm not going to play this game until he's buffed back into viability.  Hedgie and Karl warned me that his rework would make him horribly underpowered and in honor of them I'm only playing ARAMs until Skarner is good enough to take onto The Rift.  Or the rework that made him not viable is undone.

#Solidarity

August 24, 2015 1:14:54 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The rework made him not viable?  Doesn't he have like a 65% win rate atm?

Why yes, he does...

August 24, 2015 12:43:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No, I'm boycotting SR games for the time being.  Skarner is two of my friends favorite champion and I'm not going to play this game until he's buffed back into viability.  Hedgie and Karl warned me that his rework would make him horribly underpowered and in honor of them I'm only playing ARAMs until Skarner is good enough to take onto The Rift.  Or the rework that made him not viable is undone.

#Solidarity

Hey man, that's not fair. They rolled back most of his nerfs (like, i dunno, making him the slowest melee character in the game) but still kept the consistency of his new W/E. The original crystal placements were also MUCH weaker (covered the wrong camps) and gave a lot less mana. THEN they also gave the crazy buff on his E that i don't understand.

Not to mention, immediately after the rework was posted, no one realized that maxing E > Q was going to be the way to do it since Skarner's identity has always been breaking the Q-key on your keyboard.

August 24, 2015 3:52:51 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

tomorrow morning = Chicago servers bby!

August 24, 2015 5:10:43 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting awuffleablehedgie,

Hey man, that's not fair. They rolled back most of his nerfs

Easy buddy!  Was just poking a little fun at you and everyone else (myself included) who gets really excited when they see initial PBE changes that end up never going through.

Of course to be fair, sometimes they post overly complicated walls and walls of text describing fucked up reworks that actually do end up going through. Yeah, talking to you unbalance-able Kill Lane Morde.

Ekko, Tahm, Morde/Skarner rework... the let's put a lot of excessive crazy shit in every kit CertainT On Crack style of champ design that Riot seems to want to go with just doesn't feel good.  It's like... I don't even want to learn what these new champs do to play against them cause they're just so obnoxiously designed.  Just want to ban them all.

At least it's made me want to play this game a lot less so that's good!  Time for TGT.  When are we opening our packs?! 

August 24, 2015 5:21:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i've been waiting for you all day.

August 24, 2015 6:10:49 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm done with cooking and stuff.  Be around when you're ready!

August 24, 2015 6:23:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

August 25, 2015 11:03:54 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Looking forward to checking ping out after work - how'd you folks make out?  What were you and where'd you end up?

August 25, 2015 5:05:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

wow.. from 88-120 ping - at 35ms.  Crazy difference - feels super crisp

August 25, 2015 5:58:21 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting pacov,

wow.. from 88-120 ping - at 35ms.  Crazy difference - feels super crisp

Awesome!

So does this mean you're going to be looking to take ADC back on the Cow's Ranked Team?  Fine by me since the new servers feel far from 'crisp' for me so I might be better back at Support when you guys need me for a game.  

Are you going to make a push for Diamond this season now that your ping is good or do you want to wait for Ranked Rolebuilder next season so you don't have to fight for position with duos anymore?

You better answer my questions and start blogging again or Hedgie, Karl, Cow, and myself will be stealing this forum to talk about Hearthstone.  Here's what's in store for you if you don't start entertaining us again:

So I'm mixed on Justicar Trueheart for my Anivia Ramp Druid experiments last night.  With the Darnassus Aspirant, I don't need The Emperor anymore as much since I'm usually really trying to stabilize the board when I get to 6 mana since I'm running Nourish.  So I was trying JT out at the position next to Syl and just wasn't feeling it. Kinda thinking you need to be a Priest or Mage to really appreciate the ability upgrade but she was extremely useful at times.

Anivia's a blast.  Being about to lose and then throwing her down with Alex, AoW, and Kel feels damn good... but is probably a more fun than effective strategy.  

Looking to try a Dragon Druid deck soon but I'm all outta dust right now.

Hows your guys Hearthstone experiences going so far with TGT?  Feel free to share all you want!  Pacov only posts snippets he cut and pasted from Surrender@20 and the occasional music video, so I doubt he'd mind.

August 25, 2015 7:19:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ping went from 135 down to 75 now. Which is funny because that is the same ping I remember having 4 years ago when I first started, no clue what happened during that time.

August 26, 2015 11:17:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

random topics when i get a chance

• competitive play (ranked recap - end of season goals)
  • karl's mic
  • league of no lag
  • resolution
  • impact of both 
August 27, 2015 1:51:30 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

41 -> 77 ping the time I checked 

August 27, 2015 12:38:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ping went from 135 down to 75 now. Which is funny because that is the same ping I remember having 4 years ago when I first started, no clue what happened during that time.

The servers moved from LA to Portland. If you live somewhere in around Texas that is semi-equidistant to both Chicago and LA, but far from Portland, that could explain it.

August 27, 2015 2:40:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sometimes for fun I fix hedgie's quotes hoping that it confuses him

August 27, 2015 6:14:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting awuffleablehedgie,
The servers moved from LA to Portland. If you live somewhere in around Texas that is semi-equidistant to both Chicago and LA, but far from Portland, that could explain it.

I live in Virginia, but my ISP probably routed traffic through Texas. That would explain the jump in ping.
August 27, 2015 8:02:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
  1. competitive play (ranked recap - end of season goals)
  2. karl's mic
  3. league of no lag
  4. resolution
  5. impact of both 

1 - still don't super care about ranked atm. I might take a shot here in a bit, but I'm not feeling like all that stellar a player atm.  If I'm normally a plat, I'm playing at gold and actually mostly exhausted lately when I get on to play... works been... busy.

2 - karl won't turn on his mic and I hate him.  

3-5 - All kind of together for me.  I'm actually looking into going back to a standard resolution - have been playing at 2560Xsomething.  I notice I'm missing some really easy skill shots as a result.  I might try turning indicators on, but its really messing with how I'm perceiving line shots - that and the ping.  

I'm having trouble adapting to the improved ping currently.  Most noticeably on last hit canceling.

August 28, 2015 12:24:04 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Gz_iTuRMM

One of my favorite movies of all time.  A little description of it for you kids who've never seen it.

August 28, 2015 2:34:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well failed my series to diamond 4 again. Carried the first game and won, had to play top the next tried to carry was 4-1 at one point but had zero help from all other lanes, an AFK caitlyn for a few minutes at a time, and a morde was on the other team. Last game got mid and played vik. My jungler nid decided it would be a good idea to jump onto annie when she hit 6 and fed my lane a free kill. Nid dived annie under turret two minutes later, I was dumb enough to sorta follow and akali+annie killed me as I tried to escape. Annie is now 3-0 in a span of about 3 minutes. All other lanes also lose pretty hard as well do to nid being extremely stupid she also decided to AFK after she thought the game was over. 

August 28, 2015 9:15:19 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Quoting Thundercles,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Gz_iTuRMM

One of my favorite movies of all time.  A little description of it for you kids who've never seen it.

ha - yah - I watched that the other day.  Never really saw it that way (like everyone else ofc), but yeah.  Dan's the jerk.  

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000750   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.