The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

What do you like LEAST about Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes?

By on April 21, 2014 11:43:13 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1312

We had a great discussion about what features of LH players liked the most.

Now, let’s turn it on its head.  What parts of Legendary Heroes do you like the least?

This doesn’t have to be a feature list either, it could be elements of the game (or parts of the game) that you just find boring or frustrating or poorly thought out.

Let us know!

Locked Post 156 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 3, 2014 4:23:45 PM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Tactical combat is lacking in respect of:

1. Distance affecting regular Ranged Combat.

2. Line of sight (in terms of blocking or hindering Ranged Attacks)

3. Terrain effects (Defensive or offensive bonus on Hand-to Hand Attacks / Defensive or offensive bonus on rangend Attacks / Terrain obstacles that can be removed or destroyed through combat)

Any chance we`ll see any of this in

- Sorcerer King

- any future LH expansion

- any future game based on the LH engine

?

October 3, 2014 4:39:45 PM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

What I like least about LH, is now that SK has been released (in beta), I have no reason to play it anymore.

October 5, 2014 9:54:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I played in the earlier days of Fallen Enchantress, so I apologize if you made significant improvements on these issues:

1. The enemies and the players had access to the same abilities, but only the player knew how to exploit world spells.  Build land bridges, volcanoes to protect cities from advancing units.  I never saw the AI do this, and it felt unfair.  I'd say that if you are going to put cool ideas in, a filter needs to be can the AI be taught how to use this ability well?  I realize in SorcerorKing the enemy has asymetrical powers, but you might still find that concept to be applicable.

2. The world had interesting creatures, but there was very few opportuntiies to add these fantasy creatures to your army.  They just existed in the early game, till all the goodie huts got raided.

October 5, 2014 10:42:09 AM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Quoting sxyz123,

1. The enemies and the players had access to the same abilities, but only the player knew how to exploit world spells.  Build land bridges, volcanoes to protect cities from advancing units.  I never saw the AI do this, and it felt unfair.  I'd say that if you are going to put cool ideas in, a filter needs to be can the AI be taught how to use this ability well?  I realize in SorcerorKing the enemy has asymetrical powers, but you might still find that concept to be applicable.

I don't think that would help in this game. Turtling as it were is a sure way to lose this game as the Sorcerer King will surely win at that point. The doomsday counter is going to finish and all these spells would accomplish is the prevention of killing a few shards.

You want to use those world spells to try to stop him, but those spells might not help. You are not fighting an AI that is on equal ground as you, and you need to play "dirty" to win. For me , I'm not sure if I would "waste" my mana on these spells. You use mana to summon up buildings and units for rushing purposes and I think this might be a better use of my mana.

October 12, 2014 3:18:08 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Experiences on hard difficulty:

1) AI building cities right next to monsters with little to no ramifications. 

2) Maul is too easily abused.

3) Armor & curse mechanics. 

4) Air magic (Teleport) is a necessity on large maps. There should be other means to teleport.

October 12, 2014 8:00:26 AM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

My biggest gripe, honestly, are the graphics. I imagine Endless Legend is made by a studio with similar constraints as Stardock; but wow Endless Legend pushes the graphic design boundaries so far. I can live with the game design in Legendary Heroes.

If I could make changes to the game design: more exclusive choices

• cities can't build everything; use a location resource to limit "special" buildings
  • heroes get a bigger skill tree, and at level 10 get to subspecialize into 3 subclasses (each with unique exclusive choices)
  • research gets exclusive options too; this is probably best characterized by each choice being available as it currently is, but when completing each choice, a basic result is added and an option of 2(or more) specific exclusive results come out of the research. Example: Research archery (flat result ranged defenders added to cities, specific result: gain either longbow or shortbow technology)

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2015 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.