The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

N/A

By on April 6, 2014 9:11:50 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Primal_Savage

Join Date 07/2013
+166

N/A

Locked Post 29 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 11, 2014 12:25:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Seriously, it is long time no see, so it is good to see you again

I'm around from time to time even though there isn't much to see...

...skinning is like Egyptology - all the beautiful things are in the past

April 12, 2014 11:12:27 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Fuzzy Logic,

Seriously, it is long time no see, so it is good to see you again

I'm around from time to time even though there isn't much to see...

...skinning is like Egyptology - all the beautiful things are in the past

Sadly that is too true!  Only a handful of skinners are uploading these daysEven the forums are near dead most of the time.  I tried to liven them up a bit with a few threads, but mostly it was a waste of time, with only the regulars posting and the lurkers... well, just lurking/contributing nothing, as usual.

April 13, 2014 11:13:37 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The board has been in decline for many years and it's a wonder it's still allowed to continue.

Sadly the site's reputation for elitism and narcissism is well founded. Not only do potential newcomers not want to be here, but 'old regulars' don't want to be here either

April 13, 2014 12:40:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Fuzzy Logic,

The board has been in decline for many years and it's a wonder it's still allowed to continue.

Sadly the site's reputation for elitism and narcissism is well founded. Not only do potential newcomers not want to be here, but 'old regulars' don't want to be here either

It's such a shame, really, because there are decent folk here who contribute and do their best to keep things ticking over to help keep the site alive, but without support from the lurkers I fear the effort is futile.  I wonder how the lurkers would feel, and I have posed this question, if all the contributors became lurkers and there was absolutely nothing new forthcoming to lurk over?

I took 6 months time out to deal with a few things, and I had hoped things had livened up some from when I was here last, but sadly no, there's just a handful of regulars posting and that's about it.  The forums could be so much more interesting and entertaining if more people took just a little time to post something: a funny story; a joke; an experience; computer and tech related items... anything rather than nothing at all, but no, that's too much trouble.

I'd actually like to see all the forums closed bar one.... one where even the lurkers feel the need to post so they can bitch about their daily dose of entertainment being taken away.... and that the answer would be: "Forums are for people to participate and communicate with each other, so unless a greater commitment is given by the majority of members to use them as intended - to contribute as well as peruse - the other forums will remain closed."

It won't happen, though, and the forums will continue to decline until the remaining regulars see no point and just stop bothering.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000047   Page Render Time: