The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Distant Worlds Universe

By on January 14, 2014 4:22:12 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Hawawaa

Join Date 09/2006
+30

Well its that time again so get your wallets ready! Nice preview of Universe on Spacesector here

Mod support, Stand alone expansion, (also we finally get a bundle if you been waiting), new story line, new virus tech, planet destroyer tech and maybe more. More info will come when release is near. 1st quarter is the set date. 

This might be the final expansion and it might not be the last. But DW 2 is planned for the future. 

Locked Post 17 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 29, 2014 6:06:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

is this game 2d or 3d? I can't understand dammit!

also, how would you classify it?

January 29, 2014 6:14:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It's 2-D, here's an excellent Let's play of the series...

February 3, 2014 1:58:04 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

This is an excellent game. It is 2d only and is real time but pausable and you can slow down or speed up as needed. With all expansions the game is pretty darn fun. 

Its makes up in game play what it lacks in fancy graphics. I would recommend this game to friends. 

February 3, 2014 3:22:06 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I've not had the privilege of playing this game, though I've hear a lot about it.

Since this is the "Wrap-up" DLC and is standalone, will it include the content of the previous game and expansions? It wasn't very clear, and this looks very interesting. Still, don't exactly have the cash to throw around a hundred bucks.

February 3, 2014 4:24:46 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

There will be a DW + 1,2,3 expansion bundle and then DW universe and finally a complete bundle. More info when they are near launch.

May 16, 2014 10:02:29 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Significant news here regarding Distant Worlds Universe, which will be available on Steam and released May 23

For more information visit Space Sector

I agree with Larsenex, this is an excellent game, and well worth checking out!

May 16, 2014 12:50:21 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Son of a bitch I got ninja'd well I was a slow ass. 

Thanks Ice.    I'm gonna buy through matrix and I get a steam key to boot. Awesome! 

May 16, 2014 1:42:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

One of my favourite games in many, many years.  I hope a lot more people will check it out now!

May 16, 2014 2:35:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Not gonna lie, this one takes a little time to figure out/get used to, but once you do, the depth and fun is unrivaled in space 4X. 

Nothing against GalCiv3, because I'm sure it will be fun when it's complete, but DW is the king right now, in my humble opinion.

May 17, 2014 7:14:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm enjoying the galciv3 beta - an support the game by being a founder.  Love galciv2.  But Distant worlds is the best 4x space game ever, IMHO.  DW has very steep learning curve, a few 'bugs' (computer code and AI run species in the game world).  DW can be played as a RTS game (which I hate); or as a 'turn based' game ( I love) by adjusting the timer, and pausing when ever you wish.  I am excited at the rollout of DW Universe.  Hoping its not too steep $.    

May 18, 2014 8:58:54 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ElanaAhova,
Hoping its not too steep $.

• Pre-order price on Steam and promotional price upon release at Matrix's website is $50 for the digital version, $60 for digital + box copy.
  • After the promotional period it will go to its regular price of $60/$70.
  • If they buy through the Matrix store, owners of the original game(s) get $10 off per previous game/expansion they own, which brings the price down to $10/$20 if you own all previous releases.
  • Steam is not required for purchases from the Matrix store, but you can get a Steam key if you prefer to use Steam.

Think I covered everything. 

May 19, 2014 10:20:00 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Cauldyth,
Steam is not required for purchases from the Matrix store, but you can get a Steam key if you prefer to use Steam.

Even if I did not like the game, which I do. They give you a choice to use Steam or not. That, I love...

May 19, 2014 11:37:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes, I play the no steam version.  Surprised?

May 20, 2014 7:04:45 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Of course it's 2D. In 3D, blockading solar systems is much more problematic

May 22, 2014 9:06:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Kamamura_CZ,

Of course it's 2D. In 3D, blockading solar systems is much more problematic

True, even Darth Vader, leading a full force of the empire's might could not prevent ships from 'getting off the (Hoth) system. 

May 22, 2014 10:29:42 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

(Off-Topic) Considering the strength of the Force that went widely out of control during the EU period, one wonders why Darth Vader was lazy that day.

May 31, 2014 2:21:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

.. why does it "require" internet explorer and windows media player?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time: