The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Star Wars: Episode VII Coming December 2015

By on November 12, 2013 3:23:06 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+759

starwarsIt’s official!  Star Wars: Episode VII will be coming to theaters on December 18th, 2015.

“With pre-production in full-swing, a confirmed release date of December 18, 2015, has been set for Lucasfilm's highly anticipated Star Wars: Episode VII.

"We're very excited to share the official 2015 release date for Star Wars: Episode VII, where it will not only anchor the popular holiday filmgoing season but also ensure our extraordinary filmmaking team has the time needed to deliver a sensational picture," said Alan Horn, chairman of The Walt Disney Studios.”

Discuss your story ideas…..

130 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 13, 2013 5:56:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The prequels were 'franchise sales' movies. That's all. Just pack on all the toys and games and collectables. Sell. Sell. Sell.

Lucas lost sight of what his audience wanted. His audience wanted a visionary experience.....and instead they got Jar Jar Binks....sigh.

December 13, 2013 6:35:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,
It's utter crap intended as a vehicle for toy product-placement to profit Lucas. Any storyline is merely incidental.

December 13, 2013 9:08:44 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Disney knows how to make a movie, especially when there's something as colossal as Star Wars! Lucas was getting senile, i mean who would even consider naming his movie as "Attack of the clones"?!??

He couldn't stop milking the Star Wars universe, as Jar Jar Douche was undeniably a character pulled out of his ass, rather then his head! This ain't no He-Man! You're just gonna make movies so that you can sell to kids everything you could possibly think of?!

Disney doesn't screw around... the latest Marvel movie extravaganzas are quite the effort!

December 13, 2013 9:49:02 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting SebastianSlick,

Disney knows how to make a movie, especially when there's something as colossal as Star Wars! Lucas was getting senile, i mean who would even consider naming his movie as "Attack of the clones"?!??

He couldn't stop milking the Star Wars universe, as Jar Jar Douche was undeniably a character pulled out of his ass, rather then his head! This ain't no He-Man! You're just gonna make movies so that you can sell to kids everything you could possibly think of?!

Disney doesn't screw around... the latest Marvel movie extravaganzas are quite the effort!

I agree with you about Disney. the problem is, they have an image problem. My son, a big Star Wars fan, says he won't go to a movie made by Disney because he thinks they make stuff for little kids.

December 13, 2013 11:35:18 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Borg999,
My son, a big Star Wars fan, says he won't go to a movie made by Disney because he thinks they make stuff for little kids.

Star Wars always WAS made for 'little kids'...demograhic would have been low-teens and below...

December 14, 2013 12:33:31 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Should the new films have anything to do with the Sith and Jedi Knights and so on, or instead maybe a whole new corner of some other galaxy even farther away with all it's own mythology and heroes and villians with absolutely no connection with the 'galaxy' we know?

December 14, 2013 12:37:52 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You know, I'm starting to get the feeling Jafo isn't a Star Wars fan.  

December 14, 2013 2:35:33 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,

Quoting Borg999, reply 54My son, a big Star Wars fan, says he won't go to a movie made by Disney because he thinks they make stuff for little kids.

Star Wars always WAS made for 'little kids'...demograhic would have been low-teens and below...

I think you hit the nail on the head. I remember taking my 13 year old son to see a couple of the newer star wars episodes, don't even remember which ones now but he loved them while I had to sit there and endure them. I am still a 1966 Star Trek fan when sliding doors were activated by someone's arm. 

December 14, 2013 2:58:34 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting JuniorCrooks,

Quoting Jafo, reply 55
Quoting Borg999, reply 54My son, a big Star Wars fan, says he won't go to a movie made by Disney because he thinks they make stuff for little kids.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I remember taking my 13 year old son to see a couple of the newer star wars episodes, don't even remember which ones now but he loved them while I had to sit there and endure them. I am still a 1966 Star Trek fan when sliding doors were activated by someone's arm. 

So why are you Trekkies posting here? 

December 14, 2013 3:18:46 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,

Quoting JuniorCrooks, reply 58

Quoting Jafo, reply 55

A little adversity is a good thing is it not? unless of course you all jut want hugs and a pat on the back.

December 14, 2013 3:28:31 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting JuniorCrooks,

A little adversity is a good thing is it not? unless of course you all jut want hugs and a pat on the back.

I assure you there is enough concern about this movie from the Star Wars fans. I would have rather not gotten any movies after Episode 6 at all (some of the character movies they're planning to do like for Yoda might work out though). I don't see how you're being constructive if you're just reiterating that you think it's for little kids.

If you insist on being here, perhaps you can shed some light into what we should and shouldn't be worried about from the last Star Trek movies, since we both have to put up with JJ Abrams now.

December 14, 2013 3:32:59 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

GoaFan77 relax, you are taking this movie thing a bit to serious aren't you? I don't insist on being here and I don't have much to say on the topic so I am out of here which I hope will brighten your day a little. Cheers

December 14, 2013 5:42:58 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I think Lucas did a great job with the Clone Wars series.

Those weren't childish ... well ok some episodes were, but mostly they weren't. They were colorful, had imagination and humor. Sometimes 3 or 4 episodes  formed a nice little story together, which could rival many a "real" movie that I've seen.

December 14, 2013 9:15:49 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Jafo,

Yea, but he associates Disney with fairy princesses and such. ...Something that a male tweener wants to avoid all association with.

December 14, 2013 9:29:14 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting SebastianSlick,
the latest Marvel movie extravaganzas are quite the effort!
And that´s the Understatement of the day ! 

December 18, 2013 12:55:34 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I am a Star Wars fan, though not exactly a fan of the current state of things thanks to what the post-NJO, TCW, and TFU have done. At this point I am just waiting and seeing, because I am a fan of the EU, so I will kind of be alienated if the EU is thrown out by the ST.

December 18, 2013 6:27:24 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Kantok,
You know, I'm starting to get the feeling Jafo isn't a Star Wars fan.  

Brilliant, Einstein....

January 4, 2014 6:17:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The three "new" Star Wars films ruined everything Star Wars for me. I have never seen a worse mess than those three films. My hopes for anything new in the series are non-existant.

January 4, 2014 10:15:50 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Wookiepedia has over a hundred thousand articles. If the entire EU is decanonized, the fallout will be interesting to say the least.

Edit: Or just call EU its own canon. 

April 29, 2014 12:52:32 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Cast revealed!

http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-7-cast-announced.html

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

April 29, 2014 1:00:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting jim_viebke,
Wookiepedia has over a hundred thousand articles. If the entire EU is decanonized, the fallout will be interesting to say the least.

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened. "

A decision to decanonize the entire EU will compeltely fracture the fanbase. 10% will lemmingly attach themselves to the new continuity. 20% will begrudenly watch the new films and complain every step of the way. The remaining 70% will speak with there pocketbooks.

April 29, 2014 1:13:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GFireflyE,

Quoting jim_viebke, reply 69Wookiepedia has over a hundred thousand articles. If the entire EU is decanonized, the fallout will be interesting to say the least.

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened. "

A decision to decanonize the entire EU will compeltely fracture the fanbase. 10% will lemmingly attach themselves to the new continuity. 20% will begrudenly watch the new films and complain every step of the way. The remaining 70% will speak with there pocketbooks.

Well its hard to say about the entire EU, but basically they just wrote themselves a blank check to ignore whatever they don't like about the EU and are likely changing all the events that happened after Episode 6. Given that the Clone Wars TV series is still canon however means the EU elements it incorporated are still canon, and I would expect specific planets, ships and characters who where alive before Endor might still exist in this different Star Wars history. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Thrawn show up in their new Rebels TV show eventually, even though the events of the Thrawn Trilogy are no longer canon.

April 29, 2014 1:39:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,

Quoting GFireflyE,
reply 71

Quoting jim_viebke, reply 69Wookiepedia has over a hundred thousand articles. If the entire EU is decanonized, the fallout will be interesting to say the least.

Well its hard to say about the entire EU, but basically they just wrote themselves a blank check to ignore whatever they don't like about the EU and are likely changing all the events that happened after Episode 6. Given that the Clone Wars TV series is still canon however means the EU elements it incorporated are still canon, and I would expect specific planets, ships and characters who where alive before Endor might still exist in this different Star Wars history. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Thrawn show up in their new Rebels TV show eventually, even though the events of the Thrawn Trilogy are no longer canon.

For me, even elements out of the newly released material, even Clone Wars, yes even the prequel trilogy, I find to not be consistent with previously released canon material. (EU is canon )

The one that irritates me to know end is Chewbacca knowing Yoda before the empire was formed. Simply revealing that completely disassembles the entire reason of 4,5,6. Chewbacca could have explained the ENTIRE situation to Luke from the get-go and saved themselves alot of time. Luke could have went straight to Dagobah....actually had time to COMPLETE his training and THEN kick the emperor's butt. Entirely new timeline from one single ill-thought-through idea for franchising purposes only.

Le Sigh...

Fate is in Abrams hands. Hopefully he has more respect and consideration and I'll underline RESPECT for the fanbase when it comes to the Star Wars franchise compared to his brutal and savage butchery of the Star Trek franchise. There are laws against the slaughter of innocence...

April 29, 2014 1:54:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting GFireflyE,
For me, even elements out of the newly released material, even Clone Wars, yes even the prequel trilogy, I find to not be consistent with previously released canon material. (EU is canon )

If you read Island Dog's previous post on Star Wars, you'd know that the canon status of the EU is now is serious doubt to say the least.

Quoting GFireflyE,
The one that irritates me to know end is Chewbacca knowing Yoda before the empire was formed. Simply revealing that completely disassembles the entire reason of 4,5,6. Chewbacca could have explained the ENTIRE situation to Luke from the get-go and saved themselves alot of time. Luke could have went straight to Dagobah....actually had time to COMPLETE his training and THEN kick the emperor's butt. Entirely new timeline from one single ill-thought-through idea for franchising purposes only.

Chewbacca had no way to know Yoda was still alive for the main trilogy. It is quite possible he assumed he would fight the Emperor like he actually did, and that he must have died in the attempt. And even if he thought Yoda was alive, IIRC Yoda never told him where he would go. That would defeat the whole point of exile. Even if he wanted to help Luke get his Jedi training, only Obi-wan and Bail Organa knew where to find Yoda.

April 29, 2014 2:02:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GoaFan77,

Quoting GFireflyE,
reply 73

If you read Island Dog's previous post on Star Wars, you'd know that the canon status of the EU is now is serious doubt to say the least.

Indeed.

I'm one of the 70%.

Definately won't be seeing it opening day. I made that mistake with the prequel movies.

If the post trilogy agrees with the original EU (post return of the Jedi and pre Vector Prime) then I'll add them to my collection probably...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000390   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.