The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Star Wars: Episode VII Coming December 2015

By on November 12, 2013 3:23:06 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+759

starwarsIt’s official!  Star Wars: Episode VII will be coming to theaters on December 18th, 2015.

“With pre-production in full-swing, a confirmed release date of December 18, 2015, has been set for Lucasfilm's highly anticipated Star Wars: Episode VII.

"We're very excited to share the official 2015 release date for Star Wars: Episode VII, where it will not only anchor the popular holiday filmgoing season but also ensure our extraordinary filmmaking team has the time needed to deliver a sensational picture," said Alan Horn, chairman of The Walt Disney Studios.”

Discuss your story ideas…..

130 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 14, 2013 11:04:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

When I finally gave up on the tripe.

I needed much bigger suspenders to 'suspend belief'...

November 14, 2013 11:30:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The first trek movie was horribly boring.

November 15, 2013 1:26:59 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I don't see how you can complain about Yoda in silly fights when you have a god damn blooper-o-rama going on with R2D2 and C3PO. You know that deleted scene from Hoth where the snow monster breaks into the base and chases around Han and some troopers for a bit? That shit was better than what we got in the prequels.

November 15, 2013 4:49:33 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Heavenfall,
I don't see how you can complain about Yoda in silly fights when you have a god damn blooper-o-rama going on with R2D2 and C3PO. You know that deleted scene from Hoth where the snow monster breaks into the base and chases around Han and some troopers for a bit? That shit was better than what we got in the prequels.

I don't need alternative instances of BS childish episodes....

For memorable instances of real value/class with 'robots' I'd go back to Silent Running...

November 24, 2013 10:27:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I liked the first three star wars (in RL release order).  I remember the first "Star Wars" was just that, no episode number attached (Episode yada yada yoda).  Never had any interest in the prequels and sequels...  still don't.  Somehow, for me, the magic was gone by the time the fourth release came out...

November 24, 2013 11:02:47 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Star Wars' only claim to fame was in the model cinematography....the idea of static model and moving camera was new.....it meant no more wobbly ships on strings...

Last night I watched Aliens for the umpteenth time ....only 2 'wince' moments amongst a darn sight more 'grown up' S/F....and one of those was a 'continuity' issue, the other was a bad 'dialogue' choice....probably needed a few more takes for intonation...

November 25, 2013 11:11:55 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I guess I'm a minority here, but I liked chapters I and II. They were nice, they had such nice bright colors and I really liked that. Many SF movies are dark and gloomy, like watching a black-white movie, but those movies were anything but dark.

November 25, 2013 3:46:08 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting GeomanNL,
but those movies were anything but dark.

Because they didn't want to scare the kiddies....

November 25, 2013 5:24:08 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Captains Janeway and Picard team up with 7of9 and assimilate Luke, only to be overthrown by rock throwing ewoks.

November 26, 2013 8:51:03 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting 2of3,
Captains Janeway and Picard team up with 7of9 and assimilate Luke, only to be overthrown by rock throwing ewoks.

Those ewoks ruin everything...

New Title:

Star Wars Episode 7: Attack of the Ewoks

November 26, 2013 9:14:38 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting 2of3,

A combination of Star Trek and Star Wars would be my worst nighmare.

November 26, 2013 11:41:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Lord Xia,

What's childish about an army of fucking Teddy Bears defeating the Empire?  

I like both, but if forced to choose, I would pick Trek.

It's better to have whales save the day than teddy bears, right?

November 27, 2013 5:40:12 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting smeagolheart,
It's better to have whales save the day than teddy bears, right?

That movie was hilarious. "Hello computer... Hello Computer... HELLO COMPUTER"

November 27, 2013 5:55:09 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I say we dust off and nuke the site from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure....

November 27, 2013 9:09:34 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Being an audio junkie I still think the best thing that ever came out of Star Wars was THX.

"THX was developed by Tomlinson Holman at George Lucas's company, Lucasfilm, in 1983 to ensure that the soundtrack for the third Star Wars film, Return of the Jedi, would be accurately reproduced in the best venues."

I own THX equipment and everything from circuitry to wires are well built.

December 1, 2013 1:20:03 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Don't get me started on Trek 4, and especially not 5.  4 was at least a likable movie, 5 on the other hand is Trek's real weak link. 3 was pretty bad too.  Oh, and then there were those TNG trek movies, none of them were really good...okay, so most of the old Trek movies were bad.  

December 2, 2013 8:07:14 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

They were all enjoyable, they weren't bad... even the last one is ok, even though I think it has a dumb detective-like story.

Sometimes it looks like all movies are off track, merging together into one type of general movie: less humour, less colours, and a bland story. No excentric enemies anymore.

I'm talking about ... James Bond, Star Trek, Superman.

I hope Star Wars won't suffer this fate!

December 12, 2013 9:41:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

"... a keyboard? oh how quaint...."

December 12, 2013 10:20:59 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

pls no. first trilogy = great, "rest so far" = garbage

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

The courage to change the things I can,

And wisdom to know the difference."

December 12, 2013 10:34:08 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I like the three new episodes. I don't really understand what's everyone's problem is...

And about this new film (episode 7), you are judging it already before even seeing it.

December 12, 2013 11:55:06 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ep's 4, 5, and 6 (with the exception of the climactic teddy bear battle) accomplished what George wanted. Movies that simulated the old style saturday morning cartoons, or 1930's sci fi reels. Like Flash Gordon, and Buck Rogers.

Ep's 1, 2, and 3 were too well... umm .... DISNEY! Don't get me started on whiney bitch "Manicen" (oh hell i forgot how to friggen spell it) Skywalker. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

December 12, 2013 1:43:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Major Stress,
Ep's 1, 2, and 3 were too well... umm .... DISNEY! Don't get me started on whiney bitch "Manicen" (oh hell i forgot how to friggen spell it) Skywalker. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Disney didn't make the Star Wars prequels.  That's all George.

December 12, 2013 11:44:29 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

To even compare Star Wars and Star Trek..... Diferent, different, but.....different 

December 13, 2013 4:31:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I know Disney did not make the prequels. That doesnt change the fact that they seem very umm.. Disney.

Perhaps he made behind the scenes plans with Disney during production of EP 1 (Yea yea i know.. Let the conspiracy theory's begin)

December 13, 2013 4:51:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Major Stress,

I know Disney did not make the prequels. That doesnt change the fact that they seem very umm.. Disney.

Perhaps he made behind the scenes plans with Disney during production of EP 1 (Yea yea i know.. Let the conspiracy theory's begin)

umm.  The Avengers movie is okay made under Disney owned Marvel.  I don't consider the prequels "Disney" in any way.   Seemed to me to be all middle aged George Lucas' vision.  He wanted to shoot green screen so he can sit in his directors chair and drink coffee while watching his actors in front of him instead of going anywhere and doing anything.  I'm not exaggerating either.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.