The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

The Breaking Bad thread

By on September 11, 2013 6:33:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1478

First off, we should all be ashamed that we do not already have a Breaking Bad thread.

There.

I've said it.

We are all bad people.

Terrible people really.

What kind of forum doesn't have a Breaking Bad forum? I'll tell you what kind: One that has something to hide.  A forum that feels like the subject matter hits too close to home. 

But the time of hiding is over. The final season is here.

Discuss.

Spoilers.

(duh)

Locked Post 30 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 11, 2013 7:53:58 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Good stuff on AMC these days.

September 11, 2013 8:42:15 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Great series....am looking forward to the final series coming to free to air [on Foxtel at the moment - and I don't have it]....

September 12, 2013 8:47:47 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Does it make me evil that I want Walt to get away with it all??

lol

September 12, 2013 11:16:07 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

September 12, 2013 11:28:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wow, that Jimmy Fallon "parody" was just bad from start to end.

Breaking Bad is a great series, but I wish they'd planned ahead more. Although the individual episodes are top notch, the overarching storyline is poorly represented in each episode.

September 12, 2013 1:00:21 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Breaking Bad was/is (minus the last half of the 5th season) a fantastic series.  I have two main issues with the show as it is now.  I believe the writers dragged certain parts of the story out too long (I'm not a fan of writers delaying things in order to hype/play up/ etc.) and for me taking a break halfway through the 5th and final season doesn't amount to much more than being the proverbial cock tease.  Secondly, once you've dragged certain aspects of a story to hell and back you tend to lose momentum as well as continuity.  When the show resorts to things such as the 'hello kitty' burner cellphone given to Jessie by Saul having voicemail so that Hank can conveniently hear things he is 'supposed' to hear makes it obvious to me that the show's writers are in a pickle.  The pickle of not being able to continue and/or end what in previous seasons (to me) was such a fantastic show.

In my opinion they should have ended the show within the first few episodes of season 5.  Of course then they wouldn't have been able to capitalize on the cult they've been able to grow so exponentially during the hiatus between the halves of the final season........

Same thing happened to another favourite show of mine: Dexter.  They let it go on too long, and now the show is just crap.  Dexter should have ended easily 2 seasons ago.

I have since moved on to shows such as House of Cards, Orange is the new Black etc. etc.

September 12, 2013 2:35:31 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting the_Monk,

Breaking Bad was/is (minus the last half of the 5th season) a fantastic series.  I have two main issues with the show as it is now.  I believe the writers dragged certain parts of the story out too long (I'm not a fan of writers delaying things in order to hype/play up/ etc.) and for me taking a break halfway through the 5th and final season doesn't amount to much more than being the proverbial cock tease.  Secondly, once you've dragged certain aspects of a story to hell and back you tend to lose momentum as well as continuity.  When the show resorts to things such as the 'hello kitty' burner cellphone given to Jessie by Saul having voicemail so that Hank can conveniently hear things he is 'supposed' to hear makes it obvious to me that the show's writers are in a pickle.  The pickle of not being able to continue and/or end what in previous seasons (to me) was such a fantastic show.

In my opinion they should have ended the show within the first few episodes of season 5.  Of course then they wouldn't have been able to capitalize on the cult they've been able to grow so exponentially during the hiatus between the halves of the final season........

Same thing happened to another favourite show of mine: Dexter.  They let it go on too long, and now the show is just crap.  Dexter should have ended easily 2 seasons ago.

I have since moved on to shows such as House of Cards, Orange is the new Black etc. etc.

Really. Nice on a family site.

September 12, 2013 2:44:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Before we get into it, all Stardock sites are PG-13. We're not targeting kids.   And this is a TV show regarding a guy who makes meth.

Back on topic:

My wife and I have been binge watching the show. We're only up to mid season 4 right now but it's very addicting. That said, I wouldn't have been happy having to wait weeks or months between some of these episodes.

September 12, 2013 5:07:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
it's very addicting.
A show about making Meth that is very addicting. Am I the only one that sees the humor in that statement?  

September 12, 2013 5:23:56 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

Before we get into it, all Stardock sites are PG-13. We're not targeting kids.   And this is a TV show regarding a guy who makes meth.

Back on topic:

My wife and I have been binge watching the show. We're only up to mid season 4 right now but it's very addicting. That said, I wouldn't have been happy having to wait weeks or months between some of these episodes.

I,ll keep that in mind next time I post.Sexist remarks and implications okay.

September 12, 2013 6:50:28 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
That said, I wouldn't have been happy having to wait weeks or months between some of these episodes.

Yes. it's an absolute bugger...

Along with Sons Of Anarchy and True Blood .... 2 other series we're addicted to...

September 12, 2013 6:52:49 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting doortech1,

Geez doortech1, high-horse much?  As has been stated, we're talking about a show that depicts the use and manufacture of meth, depicts the bloody HEAD of a person wobbling around on the back of a turtle, bodies being dissolved in acid, throats being slit, people bleeding out, someone choking to death on her own vomit, young children being subjected to violence (one being poisoned and one being shot)......and that's just for starters, good thing we're not all here discussing a 'family show' eh? 

September 12, 2013 7:08:47 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting the_Monk,
As has been stated, we're talking about a show that depicts the use and manufacture of meth, depicts the bloody HEAD of a person wobbling around on the back of a turtle, bodies being dissolved in acid, throats being slit, people bleeding out, someone choking to death on her own vomit, young children being subjected to violence (one being poisoned and one being shot)

Hey....you forgot the bloke who went bankrupt rather than pay the IRS .....now THERE'S a crime....

September 12, 2013 7:23:01 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

hehe 

Seriously though, Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul are some really great actors.  That scene I was alluding to in my previous post where Walt just stands there watching Jessie's girlfriend choke to death on her own vomit......amazing!  In my opinion one of the darkest/most evil scenes with Walt.  Aaron Paul has just gotten better and better throughout the series and has in my opinion even surpassed Bryan's greatness with season 5.

September 12, 2013 10:54:21 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting the_Monk,
Seriously though, Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul are some really great actors. That scene I was alluding to in my previous post where Walt just stands there watching Jessie's girlfriend choke to death on her own vomit......amazing! In my opinion one of the darkest/most evil scenes with Walt. Aaron Paul has just gotten better and better throughout the series and has in my opinion even surpassed Bryan's greatness with season 5.

I dunno that I could separate just those two.  The entire cast are top notch....eg. the Lawyer is even shadier than a Used Car salesman..

Same goes for those other two shows I mentioned...

September 13, 2013 2:02:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

September 13, 2013 2:33:05 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

[quote who="the_Monk" reply="12" id="3395680"]

Quoting doortech1, reply 7

Geez doortech1, high-horse much?

If that's what you call it, yes, tons.Don't worry. I have been set straight on forum rules. It was just my opinion or outlook on certain word choices. Carry on, won't interfere again.

September 13, 2013 2:41:39 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I will offer an apology also to you Monk, for my comments, but just for stating them, I should have just moved on. So, apologies and to Frogboy for invading his post.

I sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry.

September 13, 2013 2:44:00 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

nvm

September 13, 2013 3:03:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You guys hear about the "Better Call Saul" spinoff in the works?

http://www.deadline.com/2013/09/breaking-bad-saul-goodman-spinoff-amc-series/

Sooo I guess Saul survives..

September 13, 2013 6:08:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Still havent seen any of these latest episodes. I guess i will wait now for it to end and then watch it everything in a single weekend! 

Anyway, disregarding sci-fi, sit-coms and "medical" shows like House or ER, its probably the best tv show alongside Dead like Me i have ever seen.

September 14, 2013 5:53:49 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting smeagolheart,

You guys hear about the "Better Call Saul" spinoff in the works?

http://www.deadline.com/2013/09/breaking-bad-saul-goodman-spinoff-amc-series/

Sooo I guess Saul survives..

Or, it's a prequel.

September 14, 2013 12:27:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Im a big fan of breaking bad...
what i don´t like about such shows is that you have to wait another week to see the next episode and even longer if the season ends...
Same goes for the walking dead...
Another issue for me is watching the episodes in original tone (english) i only can do that through the AMC-stream or buy each season on DVD

I hope and cross my fingers that breaking bad will not end like LOST (i felt cheated and tricked after watching it to the end, i better invested that time into something productive)

September 14, 2013 5:08:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Roloccolor,

I hope and cross my fingers that breaking bad will not end like LOST (i felt cheated and tricked after watching it to the end, i better invested that time into something productive)

I can see that..

The Ending, LOST edition:

Walt is dead, has been dead for a long time. He never went into remission, never even considered cooking meth.  He was diagnosed with cancer, lived for a few more months suffering a slow death while refusing treatment, not wanting to leave his family with the crushing debt of medical costs.

The vast majority of the series is a drug induced fantasy, a 'what if' scenario envisioned by a depressed post-Walt Walter Junior who has since developed a meth addiction as a means of coping.

The entire series, this final fantasy, is revealed to be his last moments as Walter Junior overdoses and dies.

All remaining or resulting plot holes and unanswered questions are unexplained or blamed on God, in true LOST fashion.

September 17, 2013 2:46:37 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It's an amazing series. It's going downhill but keeps you hooked to the screen. istant Blu-ray box buy when the complete series will be out.

and Better Call Saul is coming, too, which is even more brilliant.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000187   Page Render Time: