The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

What happened to Global Warming?

By on June 20, 2013 9:54:31 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ZombiesRus5

Join Date 02/2009
+299

What happened to Global Warming?

When I put my first above ground pool in around the late 90's we were able to open it in April and start swimming in May.

Now my pool is just opened and still not warm enough to swim in

I'd like some global warming back...

2588 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 2, 2015 7:56:33 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Just remember rules re no Politics in this forum...

September 2, 2015 8:24:26 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting Jafo,

Just remember rules re no Politics in this forum...

Too bad, that was a very interesting article.

September 2, 2015 8:58:01 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It had 'political agenda' written all over it.

September 3, 2015 12:06:42 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

While I agree with Obama on many things, he has totally lost the plot on this one.  His spreading the doom and gloom message based on the complete fallacy that is 'global warming' is so, so wrong on so many levels.

In using a bit of Fuzzy Logic language here: If only the cesspool of global warming scientist would grow a collective brain and reveal the truth, then maybe the world's most powerful effwits would sing a better, more positive tune.

Fact: the world's greatest polluters are the large industrial corporations who commissioned the 'global warming' scientists to find fault... let them fechen pay [out of their own coffers] if there really is a problem....otherwise they should shut the fech up.

September 4, 2015 4:15:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I actually have a reason why global warming stopped Zombie.  

Your mom and I stopped having constant sex.  The temperature of the earth cooled.

September 6, 2015 1:39:21 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting sareth01,

I actually have a reason why global warming stopped Zombie.  

Your mom and I stopped having constant sex.  The temperature of the earth cooled.

More like you stopped constant wankin'...  and the reduced friction caused the atmosphere to cool dramatically, thus cooling Earth itself.

But now you mention it!  All the people doing the horizontal dance in Lovers Lanes all around the world would be contributing to global warming.... once they roll down the windows to let out all that steam and accumulated hot air.  So it's not fossil fuels after all, but lustful Lovers Lane libido.

September 9, 2015 3:25:09 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Hottest year ever?

SWIDT?

September 9, 2015 4:00:07 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

One of the articles linked in there, Argus Press, had this little gem: "But Rep. Markey, D-Mass, committee chairman, said, 'Dr. Hansen was right. Twenty years later, we recognize him as a climate prophet.'" Yes, a climate prophet. Smells just a tad religious, not scientific.

September 10, 2015 3:41:02 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting AlLanMandragoran,

One of the articles linked in there, Argus Press, had this little gem: "But Rep. Markey, D-Mass, committee chairman, said, 'Dr. Hansen was right. Twenty years later, we recognize him as a climate prophet.'" Yes, a climate prophet. Smells just a tad religious, not scientific.

Not just a tad religious!  For mine, the global warming doomsayers have been referencing passages from the Bible: Re: floods, drought, etc, all along.  Next they'll be telling us it'll start raining frogs [to help stave off starvation]... and that they can part the Red Sea to reduce sea levels and ocean warming.

And what about all those prophets who predicted the world's end in 2012 and various other years before it?  Did any of them ever mention it happening because of man-made global warming?  No, of course not.  No, it'll be by the hand of God, and he shall smite us with the sound of trumpets and turn politicians and bankers into pillars of salt.

Now for a prophesy of my own.  The world will have gone into deep recession by 2020 and all the top economies will fall, thus opening the door for the lesser economies of our ape brothers and sisters, who will take over world politics, Wall St, the London Stock Exchange and worldwide manufacturing, for which the majority of mankind will be enslaved to run.  As you can see, not a lot will have changed politically or in the workforce, but at least we will be thankful for the bananas,

September 10, 2015 11:30:09 AM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Hope you have your prepping all done, boys, because we are about 2 weeks away from Climate Chaos!

http://countdowntoclimatechangechaos.com

September 11, 2015 12:47:44 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting eviator,

Hope you have your prepping all done, boys, because we are about 2 weeks away from Climate Chaos!

Climate chaos?  We've had that since the dawn of time on this planet.  Take Melbourne Australia, for instance.  It has all four seasons in one day... most days, if not every day.  And it's not consistent, either, being hot one minute and cold the next.  Housewives are never sure when to hang out the washing cos it can be raining one minute and blistering hot the next.

And Melbourne council workers - who never work in the rain or when it's blistering hot - spend more time sheltered under canopies playing cards than repairing or building roads.  Oh, and these daily fluctuations are not new.... like since industrialisation and the extensive use of fossil fuels.  Aboriginal Dreamtime legends speak of them throughout history... saying that Melbourne is alright for a visit, but you wouldn't want to live there.

September 17, 2015 5:07:46 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If you're a skeptic you could be arrested. RICO Act - http://www.iges.org/letter/LetterPresidentAG.pdf

September 17, 2015 10:05:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting starkers,

Quoting eviator,

Climate chaos?  We've had that since the dawn of time on this planet.  Take Melbourne Australia, for instance.  It has all four seasons in one day... most days, if not every day.  And it's not consistent, either, being hot one minute and cold the next.  Housewives are never sure when to hang out the washing cos it can be raining one minute and blistering hot the next.

And Melbourne council workers - who never work in the rain or when it's blistering hot - spend more time sheltered under canopies playing cards than repairing or building roads.  Oh, and these daily fluctuations are not new.... like since industrialisation and the extensive use of fossil fuels.  Aboriginal Dreamtime legends speak of them throughout history... saying that Melbourne is alright for a visit, but you wouldn't want to live there.

Silly bugger's never even been to Melbun.....; p

September 18, 2015 12:20:55 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,

Quoting starkers,

Quoting eviator,

Silly bugger's never even been to Melbun.....; p

I have!  Did a quite a few removals down there when I worked with Wridgways in the 70's.  Also spent a few days there in '69, on the way from the UK... tho the skyline's changed some since then.  Last time I was there was 2008... on the way back to Queensland from Tassie.  Had a 5 hour layover so took in a few sights to kill time.  It's an alright place [to a point], but I'm not a big city person and like a slower pace.

September 22, 2015 4:00:25 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

"Unless somebody can prove something to me I believe there's weather."

http://www.vox.com/2015/9/22/9368591/trump-global-warming

September 23, 2015 9:11:17 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Uvah,

"Unless somebody can prove something to me I believe there's weather."

http://www.vox.com/2015/9/22/9368591/trump-global-warming

Trump is a complete idiot at best, but he has [for once] said something with a modicum of sense in it.  While he's spot on about global warming being a crock of shite, he's wrong about nuclear warming AND much everything else.  God help the world if his White House ambition is realised.

And no, that was not a political comment.... just that he's a fechen idiot.

September 24, 2015 7:09:33 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

All he does is spout the kind of rhetoric that seems to start in the middle looking for a place to happen. 

September 24, 2015 11:13:25 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Uvah,

All he does is spout the kind of rhetoric that seems to start in the middle looking for a place to happen. 

It's been said that every time he opens his mouth he puts his foot in it.  For mine, given the way he speaks to people [The Apprentice, etc] somebody wearing dirty great big army boots oughta put their foot in it.... right up to their ankle.

September 24, 2015 9:06:17 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

And not in his mouth either. Better place is where the sun don't shine. IMO

September 24, 2015 9:23:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

What if you get your foot stuck?

September 25, 2015 1:49:05 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Uvah,

And not in his mouth either. Better place is where the sun don't shine. IMO

Yeah, what psychoak said.... right up to the kneecap.

September 25, 2015 1:23:35 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Well, Climate Chaos is now upon us, as predicted by the French foreign minister in 2014. We failed to act sufficiently, and now we are doomed. DOOOOOOOOOMED!

http://countdowntoclimatechangechaos.com/

September 25, 2015 1:33:55 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting eviator,

Well, Climate Chaos is now upon us, as predicted by the French foreign minister in 2014. We failed to act sufficiently, and now we are doomed. DOOOOOOOOOMED!

http://countdowntoclimatechangechaos.com/

There are 13 hours remaining, so hope for global warming doom is not yet lost. 

September 25, 2015 1:39:55 PM from Ashes of the Singularity Forums Ashes of the Singularity Forums

Quoting AlLanMandragoran,

There are 13 hours remaining, so hope for global warming doom is not yet lost. 

The number is now counting up! Must have been midnight Eastern time. DOOOOOOOOMED!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2015 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.