The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Star Lords 4x Strategy Game

By on September 28, 2012 2:52:49 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hawawaa

Join Date 09/2006
+30

Ok another 4x game is coming out. I hopefully this one will have a good launch. (fingers crossed) http://starlords-game.com/main/

Its strategy game with turn based combat. I just stumbled across this on the matrix forums and thought some of you might be interested. Its in alpha right now. 

All I know is the release is expect for Q4 2012.

Locked Post 12 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 28, 2012 3:16:06 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It looks rather simplistic, but that doesnt have to be a bad thing. The video shows turnbased combat which I like, but no empire management, which makes me wary.

September 30, 2012 9:04:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

To me, sins proved that all 4x should be real time.

Any game design that doesn't have full real time isn't interesting to me anymore.

October 2, 2012 7:13:44 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting joasoze,
It looks rather simplistic, but that doesnt have to be a bad thing. The video shows turnbased combat which I like, but no empire management, which makes me wary.

Your correct the video does not show empire management, but it is there. Colonies can be developed. There are empire wide policies, research, etc...

October 2, 2012 11:00:10 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting sareth01,

Any game design that doesn't have full real time isn't interesting to me anymore.

To each his own. I played Sins for a few hours and got bored (as I do with all RTS games). On the other hand, I love turn-based games.

October 2, 2012 2:06:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Everyone has their cup of tea, I'm just bring this to share with other 4x lovers that is all. 

October 2, 2012 2:18:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I didn't like sins that much.  It was too slow.  I prefer proper RTS in the ilk of starcraft or turn-based civ-type games.  That said, I did appreciate the game design of sins even if it wasn't for me.

October 3, 2012 3:14:10 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I am old school. Turn based is best. A tip for the old school players is the "new" Kings Bounty series. Its amazing and you can get it at almost no cost now.

October 10, 2012 11:26:47 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Looks absolutely terrible.

Also, there is already a Star Lords game, and you can download it.

http://moo3.quicksilver.com/game/starlords.html

It is the precursor to Master of Orion

October 10, 2012 12:29:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting sareth01,

Real time strategy rewards fast clicking over intelligent strategy which is undesirable.

TBS FTW.

October 10, 2012 8:37:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting taltamir,

Quoting sareth01, reply 2To me, sins proved that all 4x should be real time.

Real time strategy rewards fast clicking over intelligent strategy which is undesirable.

TBS FTW.

Actually, you can add more depth to sins easily, forcing fast paced complex decision making in a real time environment that would create a far stronger desire to replay the game. The developers didn't add that depth because they wanted mass market appeal, but I'm sure another company will make a game similar to sins (paradox perhaps?) game design that will allow for loadsof complex strategy.

Turn based is just so slow, allowing for few to no errors to capitalize on.  Then again, I don't think you really understand sins of a solar empire game design...I don't do much fast clicking at all, its not designed to be played like starcraft...

October 11, 2012 12:45:49 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

I played sins at length.

I was generalizing about RTS not talking about sins in particular.

October 11, 2012 11:06:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting taltamir,
I played sins at length.

I was generalizing about RTS not talking about sins in particular.

I was only discussing sins.  I like to unwind from a day's work not wanting to have to click 80+ actions per minute to remain competitive, yet I also want to play games in realtime.

Sins is the only game designed with that marriage in mind.  I hope it has thousands of babies and sets a new standard for RTS.  I think this might occur around Sins 2.0, as long as the developers don't drop the ball on the project.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time: