The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod windows 8 consumer preview issues

Demigod windows 8 consumer preview issues

By on March 4, 2012 5:29:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bouak

Join Date 09/2007

hello,

I solicit you because I using windows 8 consumer preview and it is impossible to install the game.
So I tried to restore my archive ,it works but impossible to complete the Stardock account registration (i precise it works fine on Windows 7)
Consequently i can’t play. So i tried a SD registration, i use this link: https://services.stardock.net/accounts/registerproduct.aspx
(I confirm that i successfully registered my account in:  https://store.stardock.com/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/myaccount/products)
Demigod run fine but it say: Invalid Username/Password…
i don't have enought ideas.
Thank you in advance for your answers.
Locked Post 13 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 4, 2012 12:35:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't have the preview installed, so I doubt I can be of much assistance.  I don't believe SD is actively supporting any of the preview editions of windows 8.  I'd wager when all is said and done and 8 is released, there won't be any compatibility problems. 

March 4, 2012 2:26:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you for the reply, I opened a request in stardock, we will see the result. It's a shame, this is the only game with which I have a problem…

March 4, 2012 2:26:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'll keep you informed.

March 10, 2012 8:55:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have this issue too.

March 10, 2012 2:42:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have exactly the same issue.

Managed to register the game (with the old activator, from (http://sd.stardock.com/sdactivate_legacy.zip)). The regular one just kept showing the hourglass and stayed there.

Got the sig.bin created... Got in the game.

There, when entering login/password (and I tried a lot), it IMMEDIATELY fails. Like it doesn't even check it online. VERY frustrating. Just gifted a copy to a friend. He went online... And is waiting for me. I simply can't login!!!

Can't be that difficult to get it working on Win8CP....

Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 3, Guild Wars (the first one), Skyrim, SWTOR... They all work just fine. No issues whatsoever.

Please fix.

March 10, 2012 3:31:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd suggest you shoot an email over to [email protected] and see if there is anything they can do to help.

If you did manage to get the game running, I'd recommend changing demigod.exe to run as admin (if such a thing exists in the consumer preview) and then run the game directly from the executable (not through steam or impulse or w/e

March 18, 2012 11:19:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

try download the version from the account registration page. 3.4gb non steam version

sometimes a steam backup you cant login (within demigod) friend had same issue and had to use non steam version.

also try locate the demigod.exe withing the installation folder, and run as administrator...

March 19, 2012 8:52:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Have you guys learned NOTHING!!!!!!????

NEVER, EVER use Microsoft OS more then every second or 3:d release!!!

Win 7 rocks. Vista sucked.

XP rocked, NT....UUUOAAAHCK!

98 was usable.

95 was a joke. sound and graphic integrated in the base system? LOL! Who was the brighthead.

Windows 8 will be great for all mobile users in the world. For the rest with monitors that "just" shows and dont touch......its crap! Wait for windows 14 (will be the next name since it will be released in 2015.

June 28, 2012 1:21:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Does anyone know anything about how to resolve the issue??? We are now on the release preview, and I would love to get some Multiplayer Demigod on!

July 31, 2012 4:00:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Anyone get it to work in Win 8 yet?  Would love to be able to play the game with my family members who have all upgraded to the Win 8 Consumer Preview edition.  All we have are spinning hourglasses thus far.  

August 2, 2012 2:33:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Windows 8 is not released and is not a supported OS.  I can't say if/when it will be supported.

October 8, 2012 5:05:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I go the game to register now by using the legacy activator (http://sd.stardock.com/sdactivate_legacy.zip). However, the game doesn't seem to save profiles and crashes when I try to exit. That may be to some video driver issues I am having though.

November 16, 2012 5:03:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've made an update available that addresses activation and multiplayer login on Windows 8. If you are using Steam, the game will automatically update to this version. If your install is through Impulse, the update was published there as well. New installs from the Stardock store have the updated files going forward. 

To update previous standalone installs from the Stardock store, you can grab a patch from http://stardock.cachefly.net/Demigod_network_update_111612.exe. This is required for all platforms for multiplayer, else you may not see someone else's game in the lobby. 

There are no changes to the game code. 

Kris

Kris Kwilas

VP - Technology

Stardock

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000516   Page Render Time: