The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Connectivity issues & Monk's Guide

By on February 18, 2012 1:18:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

LeoBrok3n

Join Date 04/2009
+3

It's unfortunate that none of the other games I play have a fraction of the issues Demigod does for connectivity, as it might lead to a broader solution. I've been going over Monk's Connectivity Guide, trying to see if I missed something in applying his suggestions.

My router is running Tomato. I usually assume providing as much info as possible will offer the best solutions so I'll cover monk's PDF point by point. I'm Running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 64 Bit. I'm in the US. My down speed is 12Mbps and my up is .70Mbps.

Configure:

Both Demigod and Demigod Application are set as exceptions in Window's Firewall. I'm not sure why they are both listed.

Skipping to #4: My router has its 192.168.x.x address, its not a combination router/modem.

#5: All ports listed here where forwarded to my PC's Mac address (static DHCP).

#6: All firewall settings on the router are disabled, save NAT Loopback which is set to Forwarded Only

#7: I cannot find an option in Tomato for Open-NAT or Endpoint Independent NAT

#8: UPnP is currently enabled. If I disable it, my ping skyrockets making it difficult to connect or play Demigod.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Locked Post 1 Reply
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 18, 2012 3:03:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

By the way, to anyone reading this who played with me sorry for the lag-outs. Hopefully I can resolve this soon.

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000062   Page Render Time: