The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

UB Pro Guide

Legit Guide

By on February 17, 2012 11:30:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

JUSThaveFUN

Join Date 08/2009
+20

UB Pro Guide

This is a guide for mid to very high skilled ub players who are trying to perfect UB.

Preface

The unclean beast is one of the strongest and at the same time most difficult demigods to master on a very high level. Multiple pros agree on that he might even be the hardest. Unclean beast has no escape skills, but a lot of hp. Furthermore, when to commit to a fight, who to focus, when to stun takes thousands of games of experience.

Chapter 1

Builds

The most common build order is Banded armor + Scaled helm, Unbreakable boots, Nimoth chest armor, Hauberk of Life and Plenor Battle Crown (sell scaled helm first).

This build order is fine in it's way and will get you through any fight.

However, the starting items can vary with ub.

Early Sigil

Banded armor + a Sigil of Vitality is a very interesting start. You can instantly go out and don't have to wait at the shop to accumulate enough gold. This can lead to the first flag grab which leads in a pro game to a small experience advantage.

Problems:

• It puts you 500 gold behind the enemy if you used it without getting a kill.

• you have less mana to use, so use it wisely, do not spit the tower

So why even bother with an early sigil?

• you can risk more and always have the safety of having that sigil

• it messes with the opponents head, who will never know if you have a sigil or not

• unexpected early teamganks with ports you can easily escape. They waste 250 gold on a teleport scroll and miss experience waves on the other lanes

My tip is if you go for the early sigil play like you don't have one and it will pay for maintaining flag control. Because few players will play down to 400 hp if they don't have a sigil themselves and if they do they either die or both of you use a sigil and it is a pat.

Starting with pots

Other alternatives is going for banded armor + 1 healthpot + 1 mana pot. If you're feeling frisky and want to mix it up to mess with your opponents heads it can get you an early kill or give flag control. On the other hand you do lose 475 gold, and will be 475 gold behind. I call this semi all in build.

Boots of Speed

Another one which I call an All in strategy is rushing through the map with Boots of Speed. The person who coined this UB was IamKira. Basically you try to overwhelm your opponents and punish them for any miss micro to get early kills. The speed increase from 6.3 to 6.9 can catch players off-guard and is most powerful for teleport ganks. But use with care, keep in mind you put yourself 1000 gold behind from the standard build with an item slot being used by the boots of speed. If you don't kill you lose flag control, race to the good items, and eventually the game--> all in strategy.

Scalemail

When to use Scalemail, which gives you +600 armor for only 400 gold. You can start out with banded armor and Scalemail and try to win the early flag fights by just dominating longer autoattacks. Throughout the game, when fights are very close a lot of pros will buy Scalemail as their 3rd or 4th item to get an edge of an advantage in fights. It is very cheap and does a lot and will refund you 320 gold when sold. Overall a very good underused item when everyone is gold hungry and cannot finish their standard builds.

Mana Controversy

UB needs 1 mana helm with the Blood of the Fallen Favor. The question is which one of the two: plenor battle crown or vlemish faceguard?

The answer is not simple. It really depends on the playstyle and the demigods you are facing.

a ) Plenor Battle Crown: +1575 Mana

+70% Mana per second

b ) Vlemish Faceguard: + 1050 Mana

+11 Mana per second

+4 mana per second aura

This is my subjective interpretation which helm to use when:

Use helm a if you are a very aggressive player and try to kill a person every time you are in a fight. The reason is you need all the mana you can get what a high regen helm cannot give you in the seconds of the fight.

Use helm b if you are a more passive UB that spits multiple times while staying back, or trying to work towers down. The reason is simple you are trying to do damage over time where a high regen helm works better for you than a high base mana pool.

General use of mana with UB. As a professional player you know in advance what you are trying to accomplish. There are 2 major objectives in the beginning of the game with UB.

Do I want to work the tower down or fight the enemy at all costs. Usually I see players trying to do both. The problem is if the enemy does conserve all his mana to fight you and you spit just only 1 time on the tower you will lose flag control and will have to retreat earlier to base → losing experience waves and hp on your own tower.

My word of advice: always save your mana for a big fight 1v1 or 2v2. Only spit on the tower when you are planning to go back to base anyways.

Infamous Ooze UB

-Start with Banded Armor and Scale mail

-Buy currency 1 for your team so they can focus on getting the Bishops/ High Priests for you

Ooze Ub needs to have them early more than another item because of his insane hp pool, no mana dependency, and high armor!

-Get Nimoth Chest Armor, Duelist's Cuirass, Narmoth Ring, Unbreakable Boots (sell Scale mail), Orb of Defiance, Hauberk of Life (Sell Banded Armor)

You have to vary your buy order depending on how the game is going. If it is a passive farm fest go for the big items. If the game is a fight fest buy the very next heath item you can afford.

Chapter 2

Picking the right favor

The most common favors are Blood of the Fallen (Botf), Blade of the Serpent (Bots), and Crimson Vial. Other favors might be viable in 4v4s and 5vs5, but sadly this game is 3v3 based.

Blood

If you do not know what favor to pick, you can never be wrong with Botf. No other standard item gives you +800 health and +5 health per second. And with UB you will be very strong from lvl 1. You can push enemies away, yellow cap, tank towers, gain higher monk heals, have higher overall hp with hp flag, and higher hp with sigil.

Problems and resolutions:

-You have mana issues all game

Use your mana wisely, and always go back to base to heal it up when you are below half mana, or have a support occulus in your team composition

Blade

Blade of the Serpent I have only seen played successfully by Soccermom. This favor I recommend only for UB players that want to play out advantages, kill towers, and can manage being pushed around all game. If you make it to end game with this favor and have a healer or shielder on your team it is the strongest UB. However the game can be decided early on very easy since you have almost no presence.

-You have a very low hp base until you completed your build for a very long time

Rush all flat hp items first, do not buy mana items at all ( except Unbreakable Boots), don't ever commit unless you know you will win, try to build in a healer in your composition

Vial

Vial UB is getting more popular with the day of the game. It is the most powerful build in most 1v1s. However the more players are in the game the more vial falls off. Just like serpent you will get easily pushed around but have no mana advantage. With this build you are planning to out sustain your opponent in lane. And the real advantage comes when you use it after you sigil. The bigger the map the better this favor choice becomes. And if fights last very long and you are not getting stunned you will last the longest with vial.

-mana issues all game and hp issues

Wear your opponent down so your vial takes advantage eventually. Lategame make the opponent commit to fights, because that's when your build starts paying off. As a general rule 8/10 times use vial after you sigil when laning phase is over.

For more information on the favors and Builds contact:

Orcun, Fairlight_, Mythrandar, Zen_God for Blood

OMG_Soccermom, Koush for Blade

Mcshance, nnnils, ppapanek for Vial

Chapter 3

Skill points and Level based Aggression

The Standard UB*

The Surprise UB**

The infamous Ooze UB***

lvl 1 Ooze I

lvl 2 Venom Spit I

lvl 3 save

lvl 4 Venom Spit II + Ooze II

lvl 5 Foul Grasp I

lvl 6 save

lvl 7 Venom Spit III + Ooze III

lvl 8 Diseased Claws

lvl 9 save

lvl 10 Venom Spit IV + Ooze IV

lvl 11 Inner Beast I

lvl 12 Inner Beast II

lvl 13 Inner Beast III

lvl 14 save

lvl 15 Putrid Flow + Acclimation

lvl 16-20 Enhanced Attributes

lvl 1 Venom Spit I

lvl 2 Diseased Claws I

lvl 3 Ooze I

lvl 4 Venom Spit II

lvl 5 Foul Grasp I

lvl 6 Ooze II

lvl 7 Venom Spit III

lvl 8 Ooze III

lvl 9 save

lvl 10 Venom Spit IV + Ooze IV

lvl 11 Inner Beast I

lvl 12 Inner Beast II

lvl 13 Inner Beast III

lvl 14 Post Mortem

lvl 15 Acclimation

lvl 16 Putrid Flow

lvl 17 Foul Grasp III

lvl 18 Plague I

lvl 19 Plague II

lvl 20 Diseased Claws II

lvl 1 Ooze I

lvl 2 Diseased Claws I

lvl 3 Inner Beast I

lvl 4 Ooze II

lvl 5 Foul Grasp I

lvl 6 Inner Beast II

lvl 7 Ooze III

lvl 8 Inner Beast III

lvl 9 Enhanced Attributes I

lvl 10 Ooze IV

lvl 11 Foul Grasp II

lvl 12 Enhanced Attributes II

lvl 13 Enhanced Attributes III

lvl 14 save

lvl 15 Acclimation

+ Foul Grasp III

lvl 16 Bestial Wrath I

lvl 17 Bestial Wrath II

lvl 18 Bestial Wrath III

lvl 19 Bestial Wrath IV

lvl 20 Unrelenting Wraith

* Instead of skilling Diseased Claws you can max Foul Grasp, which is very powerful on Ooze UB and Blade UB

** DO NOT USE POST MORTEM AND PLAGUE I-II UNTIL THE GAME IS LAG FIXED

*** From lvl 16 to 18 you can max Enhance attributes instead and leave lvl19 and 20  open for your choice of experimentation

The Standard

This is the most played UB on almost all Favor Items. You can't go wrong with this skill tree and can accomplish a lot without relying on teammates.

Early lvls you want to focus on farm and lvls. Once you reach lvl 4 or 5 you can start making a few aggressive plays. At lvl 7 is the next point where you usually have the highest damage output and should make a few aggressive plays. Then you should lvl hard again until lvl 10 and take advantage of your maxed ooze and spit. If the games is still even lvl hard till lvl 15 and become an unstoppable killing machine.

Pros

-strong burst damage

-excellent tower killer

Cons

-has to shop a lot to keep up with the mana needs

The Surprise UB

Don't ever play this UB online, but only in Single Player. The reason is it will lag the game insanely and make it unplayable. I call this the surprise UB because you will catch a lot of opponents off guard with the diseased claws (which slows them for 5%). Furthermore It is hard to calculate the damage that plague does, especially end game with Giants on the field.

I don't have enough experience to give advice on lvl based aggression

Pros

-excellent burst and surprise

-best aoe UB

Cons

-he will lag the game

-mana issues

The infamous Ooze UB

This is the newest and most underplayed skilled tree. Cowbuttzex is the only one that has attempted that build. From my own experience I vary on the skill choices and item build. This UB has high reliance on perfect team play. You need the Bishops/High priests on you at all times of the game. Also this is a “I want to fight UB”. So the composition with your teammates has to be right so that they are ready to fight when you are.

Early on you will be this massive tank that is hard to get the hp down, and can surprise kill someone with his slow and higher attack speed/movement speed. Around lvl 10 you will be the fastest and tankiest, who does constant damage. Once you reach lvl 15 nothing can kill you. You can literally sit among 3 people for ages. So the general idea is to absorb damage all game and be at full health with Bishops/High priests. And punish over extension, since you can go anywhere late game without dying.

Pros

-excellent long term team fighter

-excellent tank that wants to take damage nonstop

-gets the most out of his aoe ooze

-never “needs” to shop

-no mana dependency

Cons

-he doesn't have a real surprise burst

-very predictable

-useless without coordinated teamplay

For more and different insight on the Ooze UB contact:

Cowbuttzex

Chapter 4

How do I become a professional Unclean Beast?

This Chapter will be me rambling about my philosophy of how to master anything and what to work on to get there. I used my analytical skills and experiences. If you are easily bored skip this part and go to “Applying these skills on perfecting the Unclean Beast”.

What a pro makes a pro

On a competitive plate, there are three main skills one has to accomplish before succeeding against others. Mind Control, Mechanical Perfectionism, and Strategy.

Mind Control is the awareness of the moment here and now every second you are living. In other words you are awake and fresh and know what you are doing. Think about when you have an adrenalin rush when something exciting happened. You usually can recall every single moment of what happened and made decisions for every single moment while having that rush. Now Mind Control is not as extreme as having an adrenalin rush. However, it is a practiced awareness of the brain to know exactly what you are doing every moment. This takes years of practice.

Mechanical Perfectionism is simply put the experience with the work or game you are performing. You just automatically know what to do in every situation from failures before that and apply the right moves as a result of that. For instance, in a chess game you know you can't do certain chess moves because you will fall into a trap, which you fell for before.

Strategy, is in general you mapping what you will be doing in the profession you choose. Nothing you do should be a surprise to you or feel new because you know what methods apply in every circumstance. You start out with a mapped plan that changes over time. Caused by the following Variables: mishaps, unforeseen circumstances, doing better than expected.

For example, in a soccer game you have a set line up and an idea to either go full aggressive or play ball control. This strategy changes over time and can be influenced, if your team has a lot of unfortunate mistakes, it rains or your opponent have a better strategy against your line up, and/or your team is having a lot of good plays and everything is working.

Applying these skills on perfecting the Unclean Beast

Mind control

Every single second of the game you are aware of every single step your Character is doing. You almost visualize yourself making every single move and become the Unclean Beast. When you get to the point where you catch yourself walking in a bad direction for one second or didn't know what you were doing you have almost mastered Mind Control. You could call it active thinking, which will power your brain to its maximum, when you can do that for multiple games in a row.

Examples are, I will start walking straight to mana flag and then to mid flag and back in order to gain flags and creep experience. While sitting on a flag or walking towards a flag you think about other options that are available. For instance, while walking to mid flag you see your opponent capturing the mana flag, you instantly go back to mana flag to yellow cap him ( you deny your opponent the full experience of capturing a flag and gain it yourself ). In other words you never find yourself on the map feeling like you are not doing anything because there are so many options that you weight in importance in just milliseconds.

It is important to remember, you don't act on something because you feel like it, but you act on something because you know from experience you will gain an advantage or succeed with your choice unless the opponent makes an unforeseen move that will usually result in an overall advantage for your team.

Mechanical Perfectionism

The truth of mastering your highest skill potential with UB is by playing with him every single day and trying out everything. Your teammates will rage at you and you will lose a lot of games because of your attempts. However, your memory automatically always takes note of what worked and what not. It helps a lot if you actively say it in your mind of what went wrong and what you should have done instead to make it right the next time you find yourself in the same scenario with Unclean Beast.

In order to never die you must have died the most. Also, look for games against stronger players where you know you have no chance in “hell” you can win that game. Save the replays and look what they did that made them so much better than you. And conclude why at some point they have so much more items and map control than you. Step by Step you will increase your overall gameplay immensely.

Strategy

You don't have to bother with strategy to become an excellent player. However if you're looking in becoming a professional Unclean Beast player it is impossible without it. You have to know all weaknesses and strengths of all demigods in combination and alone, when which item is the most optimum to purchase, when to push a tower or fight the enemy, and how map control works.

This takes a lot of hard thinking and counting in so many variables that are impossible as a new to mid skilled lvl player.

My word of advice: just because something didn't work out what sounded well in theory does not make it a bad strategy. Usually executing your strategy is where it fails and will take a lot of practice. Start by thinking of things that make perfect sense, and adjust them the more they don't seem to work too well.

(Personal Example, I always used to play vial rook in the demo and thought of it as the most powerful rook being unreliable on teammates. But then I got crushed online in multiplayer. A few years after I played against the same rook I used to play in the demo and realized that my strategy was right and I was just poor in executing it because I lacked mechanical and mind control skills. So I tried a new attempt and it became the most popular build to date on rook)

In Conclusion

You have to master Mind Control, Mechanical Skill, and Strategy evenly and combine them in order to have a chance in becoming a professional Unclean Beast and over all player. This does not happen over night, this takes commitment and disciplined practice like with anything else you do in Life you want to succeed in.

If you are interested in discussing professional gaming and strategy further contact:

ppapanek

Thundercles

Hedgie

Orcun

Koush

Darkliath

Zen_God

More chapters coming soon...

Locked Post 248 Replies +3
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 17, 2012 11:38:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hello Demigod enthusiasts I started publishing all my secrets of my most perfected Demigod in the Game. It took me a long time. The reasons why I did it are

a) competetive play died for me in this game

people kept asking me for it

c) I want to see Ub being played right

Now the problem is that UB will become one of the strongest champions played in pub games once again. For now Rook is the strongest champ for the pugs ever since i started playing vial Rook in 3v3s (it originated from the korean TSK-RIN in 1v1s), but I established it in 2v2 and 3v3s. So I will try to put in other chapters of how to beat rook easily with UB. For the future I try to make guides of how to beat UB easily if enough interest arises. I don't wanna hear it every game UB so op like I am hearing it now with Rook sigh!

And yeah, this is a guide mainly for advanced players or players that like to call themselves professional. But newcomers are welcome to, it will usually be way to much information and advanced strategy to handle for a new player though.

February 17, 2012 3:02:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

why no one comment :'(

February 17, 2012 3:05:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

February 17, 2012 3:15:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks zen - +1 for the thread!

edit - it takes a little bit for folks to see/read new threads

February 17, 2012 4:38:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting JUSThaveFUN,
why no one comment :'(

I was leaving space in case you wanted to add more. But nice guide. Thanks.

February 17, 2012 5:22:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've never played ub in multiplayer, but with this now I might see myself trying it.

February 17, 2012 5:26:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Bryff,
I've never played ub in multiplayer, but with this now I might see myself trying it.
cool glad it helped someone:P

February 17, 2012 9:01:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is there any player from mid to pro who didnt know all this yet ? ....

February 17, 2012 10:14:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good write-up Zen , I somewhat disagree that UB is hard to play, I think its probably one of the most noob friendly champions.

The hard part would be playing aggressive enough to give you map control/kill while not dying at a high level which can be a tightrope walk for sure. I'm looking forward to more information on UB's skill point distribution, level based aggression and endgame role etc. 

on a sidenote, theres no doubt that the rook is an op bastard, especially a passive-aggressive tower/trebuchet rook.. 

February 17, 2012 11:10:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting FAiRLiGHT_,
Good write-up Zen , I somewhat disagree that UB is hard to play, I think its probably one of the most noob friendly champions.

That's my take as well, but its really about perfecting your game, etc.  Eg, what if you had THE BEST ub?  And how do you become that.  Zen fixated on ub and played hundreds, if not thousands of games, with ub.  Trying diff strats, etc.  Anyway, eventually you learn some good tricks, good openings, good closes, etc.  He's just documenting some of that stuff.  Anyway, it often really is the tightrope walk you mention. 

February 18, 2012 11:04:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting FAiRLiGHT_,
Good write-up Zen , I somewhat disagree that UB is hard to play, I think its probably one of the most noob friendly champions.

The hard part would be playing aggressive enough to give you map control/kill while not dying at a high level which can be a tightrope walk for sure. I'm looking forward to more information on UB's skill point distribution, level based aggression and endgame role etc. 

on a sidenote, theres no doubt that the rook is an op bastard, especially a passive-aggressive tower/trebuchet rook.. 

I don't think he's noob friendly at all. Most noobs will instantly die with him, at least i did the first time I tried him. And I only picked him back up when I saw kira owning with him with boots of speed. Also I haven't seen one good ub in pug games. Or rarely people play him cause he feels so All-in, which he is with no escapes. The only people that started playing him well are yellow belly and nnnils after seing us rape with him so much, but I still see a lot of flaws.

Oh and with UB being one of the hardest I definitely mean at very High lvl games. I mean try to kill ppapanek or TSK rin with UB lol.

Well Rook is Rook, annoying. He's just op in pug games because people are not organized at all and you can be very passive with him and most people don't know how to punish over extension. I have special strats against rook with UB, which I'll try to implement and will maybe write up why he is not op. Also thanks for mentioning points you wanna hear more from.

Quoting pacov,

Quoting FAiRLiGHT_, reply 9Good write-up Zen , I somewhat disagree that UB is hard to play, I think its probably one of the most noob friendly champions.

That's my take as well, but its really about perfecting your game, etc.  Eg, what if you had THE BEST ub?  And how do you become that.  Zen fixated on ub and played hundreds, if not thousands of games, with ub.  Trying diff strats, etc.  Anyway, eventually you learn some good tricks, good openings, good closes, etc.  He's just documenting some of that stuff.  Anyway, it often really is the tightrope walk you mention. 

good points pacov, I will work on that

February 18, 2012 2:02:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This guide is obviously terrible. Not even a sentence about OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZZZZZZZZZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTT. Noobs shouldn't write guides....

February 18, 2012 4:40:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_ZEX,
This guide is obviously terrible. Not even a sentence about OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZZZZZZZZZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTT. Noobs shouldn't write guides....

lol, don't worry it's coming, the ooze beast is just so rarely played but I see how it is ridcoulous in 3v3. Also I only lost to 1k hp against a spit beast in a 1v1 scenario. It's amazing with generals and especially sedna

no noobs cow!

February 18, 2012 5:06:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

*whispered* "You cannot defeat the zen god."

February 19, 2012 12:08:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting JUSThaveFUN,

I don't think he's noob friendly at all.
I haven't seen one good ub in pug games.

I think the context is being equal in skill and knowing the game mechanics.

It's easy to be turned off originally by UB if you don't know itemization (no lifestack and ooze = fail)

But, with 40% AA damage mitigation that also does 140 DPS for a cost of 50 health per second (which can be mitigated by +life)

And insane damage over 10 seconds at level 10
1400 damage from Ooze
1650 damage from spit
1710 AA
332 foul grasp 2 second stun
= 5092 damage potential

It is harder to avoid the typical UB trap than it is to execute it and come out even in exchanging damage.

The trap is spit at range, wait for spit refresh considering foul grasp (which is (5-6) -2 seconds on cataract) and then grasp -> spit.

That is a guaranteed sigil or retreat in one attack cycle.

A further 40% damage mitigation in Acclimation

UB is pretty much an all around easy concept to play... the difficulty comes in understanding the meta game and how to apply the easy concept.

If you are outmatched in meta game understanding (typical of pro vs good player) then you have a problem with UB, because of the lack of an escape mechanism....

On the otherhand if you have superior meta game understanding, you can use this advantage to pressure in a way that cannot be compensated for.

In other words, UB has a bad design, because if you are better, you can railroad players and they may not be aware they are being railroaded.

When you attain a high understanding, the determining factor is who is better at the meta game... if you are inferior at the meta gaming, you will misread when to apply the no-brainer attack pattern and overextend and get yourself killed. When you are better at the meta game, you can apply constant threat/pressure that is insurmountable... and failure to heed this threat, or a miscalculation results in a brutal and rapid tactical defeat, or death, within 10 seconds.

Edit: Everyone should now go listen to "The Beast" by Twisted Sister

February 19, 2012 2:30:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LORD-ORION,

Quoting JUSThaveFUN, reply 11
I don't think he's noob friendly at all.
I haven't seen one good ub in pug games.

I think the context is being equal in skill and knowing the game mechanics.

It's easy to be turned off originally by UB if you don't know itemization (no lifestack and ooze = fail)

But, with 40% AA damage mitigation that also does 140 DPS for a cost of 50 health per second (which can be mitigated by +life)

1400 damage from Ooze
1650 damage from spit
1710 AA
= 5092 damage potential

It is harder to avoid the typical UB trap than it is to execute it and come out even in exchanging damage.

The trap is spit at range, wait for spit refresh considering foul grasp (which is (5-6) -2 seconds on cataract) and then grasp -> spit.

That is a guaranteed sigil or retreat in one attack cycle.

A further 40% damage mitigation in Acclimation

UB is pretty much an all around easy concept to play... the difficulty comes in understanding the meta game and how to apply the easy concept.

If you are outmatched in meta game understanding (typical of pro vs good player) then you have a problem with UB, because of the lack of an escape mechanism....

On the otherhand if you have superior meta game understanding, you can use this advantage to pressure in a way that cannot be compensated for.

In other words, UB has a bad design, because if you are better, you can railroad players and they may not be aware they are being railroaded.

When you attain a high understanding, the determining factor is who is better at the meta game... if you are inferior at the meta gaming, you will misread when to apply the no-brainer attack pattern and overextend and get yourself killed. When you are better at the meta game, you can apply constant threat/pressure that is insurmountable... and failure to heed this threat, or a miscalculation results in a brutal and rapid tactical defeat, or death, within 10 seconds.

Edit: Everyone should now go listen to "The Beast" by Twisted Sister

In other words: if you are a noob and play with noobs it's simple to crush them if you buy the right itemization

If you play against pros you either fail or own.

Saying that that is poor design is a big mistake and unfair judgement . Cause every other Demigod follows the same concept in their own gameplay. Once you realize how Erebus works you can faceroll every game with him or abuse the batswarm all game. Rook you push with your towers, if you never get punished for overextension you win. Minion Oak same concept.

What I'm trying to say is that each champion build has it's specific role to either win or fail. UB is build to go all in into the mids to kill someone. And at very high lvl games it's a back and forth which makes the game very interesting.

If you don't like that playsyle go assasin oak who does the same with a 99% shield guarantee to get out every single time, I think that is much easier. Or go erebus, once you learn how to manage mana issues just mist and batswarm miles away to charge in or get away, hmm sounds easier to me. Or be sedna that just is the Milf of heal and silence teleport out, doesn't sound difficult to me after you practiced that a few times. Oh wait occulus has a jump too, if you are not idiotic you can always use it to jump away or charge in for a kill, also sounds easier to me. Oh wait they have monks too at all times in the game that just heal up everything, so they can just sit back and outsustain easier than the real assasins (Ub does not have guaranteed monk heal and have to be shared). Regulus, hmm just sits in the back and snipes or double slows the enemies insanely. Seems pretty simple to me if you just keep the distance. TB , as fire is insanely fast, or as ice slows and frost the enemies, which at higher lvl lets him savely tp out as well, doesn't sound too hard, no? So what's left that can compete with UBs difficulty. Well Rook can just sit in his tower farm and has a huge range boulder roll to evade all danger that is coming for him, doesn't seem too difficult ?

So Deamon Assasin and Queen of Thorns are the only ones that can compete with the difficulty lvl that UB has to fight with.

=>He can easily be kited and out sustained and harassed, once he's down he stays down, once he is in a bad spot he stays in that spot.

The sad truth is that most people do not play the other champions proper and fall for your so called UB simple kill combo. But it's far more complicated than that once you play people that don't fall for it at all. I will try to work that in my guide.

Also just because you don't like a play style of a particular Demigod doesn't make it right to call it simple and dumb if you don't even play him ever in a high lvl game.

Also imo it's much harder to execute the UB trap than to avoid it once you start playing against iamKira, orcun, Mcshane, Mithrandar, nnnils, renz, ppapanek, TSK-rin, pacov, and cow, yellowbelly (if i forgot someone don't be mad). The rest of the player base is just not there yet, I honestly could faceroll with any Demigod on cataract if i get mana side and I do not have to buy currency.

Besides the names I've listed I've never seen an UB do well in pug games ever even with right itemization and the simple trap. Usually Rooks, Oaks, Erebus, Sednas, TBs are the issues that make the game.

But maybe the issue lies at the definition of easy game play. For me it's a champ that can easily escape, chase, has high sustain and a fair amount of range damage.

For you it seems the champion that puts himself among everyone and has burst kill potential is simple gameplay.

Does that mean DA is the most simple and easy to play Demigod of all with his humongous burst and easy executable swap trap?

So it's arguable which of these definitions is correct.

One more thing to your numbers, statistics often lie:

Quoting JUSThaveFUN,
1400 damage from Ooze
1650 damage from spit
1710 AA
= 5092 damage potential

In those 10 seconds you can get an easy double monk heal or heal from a sedna to deny the spit with or get a  shield. It is also stunnable.

The damage from Ooze sounds very thrown out there, unless you get caught silly why would you want to sit in UBs ooze if you can kite him till he's low enough.

1710 AA, so who lets them AA for so long without retreating far enough for the enemy UB to retreat or refocus another target.

So he uses Foul grasp, TP out (in other words he can't use it at all if he wants to secure a kill)?

So real ingame potential that is actually applied would sound more to 2k-3k burst damage maximum.

I'm too tired to name you the burst potential of the other Demigods, which are much higher and safer to execute most of the times.

The Unclean Beast is a dog on steroids that loses breath very fast, is very predictable and easily outplayed. The only way he can succeed is with the team making up for his countless flaws.

February 19, 2012 5:02:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting JUSThaveFUN,
If you don't like that playsyle go assasin oak who does the same with a 99% shield guarantee to get out every single time, I think that is much easier. Or go erebus, once you learn how to manage mana issues just mist and batswarm miles away to charge in or get away, hmm sounds easier to me. Or be sedna that just is the Milf of heal and silence teleport out, doesn't sound difficult to me after you practiced that a few times. Oh wait occulus has a jump too, if you are not idiotic you can always use it to jump away or charge in for a kill, also sounds easier to me. Oh wait they have monks too at all times in the game that just heal up everything, so they can just sit back and outsustain easier than the real assasins (Ub does not have guaranteed monk heal and have to be shared). Regulus, hmm just sits in the back and snipes or double slows the enemies insanely. Seems pretty simple to me if you just keep the distance. TB , as fire is insanely fast, or as ice slows and frost the enemies, which at higher lvl lets him savely tp out as well, doesn't sound too hard, no? So what's left that can compete with UBs difficulty. Well Rook can just sit in his tower farm and has a huge range boulder roll to evade all danger that is coming for him, doesn't seem too difficult ?
That would all be true if there were no jboots who are a perfect escape route for ub.. You can basically fight,fight,fight,do extremely much dmg, sigil, keep fighting until ur getting ridiculously low and then u run away easily with ur super speed.. Once ub gets the boots he has without a doubt one of the best escape routes..

I bet without journeyman treads ub wouldnt even be considered tier1..

Quoting JUSThaveFUN,
Oh wait occulus has a jump too, if you are not idiotic you can always use it to jump away or charge in for a kill
ub has the much better escape with boots...

February 19, 2012 7:41:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Amazing guide! I definitely agree with zen_god, that ub is very difficult to play. Lots of players either charge with him and die or stay somewhere in the back while being constantly damaged. With blood/vial he is not a big threat, as he does nearly no damage, while with blade of the serpent, he could do the damage, but also is easy to kill. In newbie games, Regulus if by far the strongest, while beast is somewhere one of the weakest ones. In higher skilled games, it is still not a big threat, if you don't charge at him like a berserker.

The damage, which Lord Orion counted is quite big, but it is never like that in reality (unless you play like a berserker). Spit can be interrupted, grasp is low damage, ooze must be close and beast is a slow demigod, auto attacks are not reliable as beast gets stuck on every single corner.

Quoting JUSThaveFUN,
Does that mean DA is the most simple and easy to play Demigod of all with his humongous burst and easy executable swap trap?

DA is definitely very easy to play. It's a bit like playing erebus. If you have targets to warp to, you are nearly always safe and it has a low cooldown. + If you need some more time for the next warp strike, you can just do area warp until then. This also makes you immune to snipes, spits, etc. So probably only the queen is on similar difficulty.

Nnnils hasn't played against skilled players for quite a long time, so he is wrong, of course. Zen_god needs to teach him. Jboots could definitely be counted as an escape mechanism, but they can be bought. So anyone can buy them and get that additional escape mechanism. For example demon assassin buys Jboots. And he has now a great escape mechanism.

Quoting nnnils,
Quoting JUSThaveFUN,
reply 16
Oh wait occulus has a jump too, if you are not idiotic you can always use it to jump away or charge in for a kill

ub has the much better escape with boots...

Oculus has an even better escape with boots.

February 19, 2012 11:09:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Deleted because people are getting agonized with my comments. However I totally agree with what Darkliath says.

February 19, 2012 11:26:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just sayin... you should have heard zen going on last night about how the ooze beast is the best possible ub.  I shite you not.

February 19, 2012 11:28:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,
Just sayin... you should have heard zen going on last night about how the ooze beast is the best possible ub.  I shite you not.
still testing him a lot to make sure

February 19, 2012 3:07:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting JUSThaveFUN,
Nnnils is a very strong mechanical player, he still needs to work on his thinking skills, until he can defeat me He's getting there though in 1v1s. 2v2s and 3v3s will still take a while^^
I guess thats what i get for kicking ur ass daily

February 19, 2012 3:53:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting nnnils,

Quoting JUSThaveFUN, reply 19Nnnils is a very strong mechanical player, he still needs to work on his thinking skills, until he can defeat me He's getting there though in 1v1s. 2v2s and 3v3s will still take a while^^I guess thats what i get for kicking ur ass daily
well if you would comment as analytical and thought through as you play in game I might not have that conception of you.

February 19, 2012 4:21:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Seriously?

People are arguing that you don't need to worry about that damage potential I showed?

Based Speed 6.3, + 10% speed in inner beast, and maybe 5% snare in diseased claw?
If you get caught by UB (my argument) you stay caught.... unless you are playing range 30 swarm erebus, or I can shield and tp out oak.

I suppose from you lofty elite thrones it's harder to notice that 75% of the players in this game left because it is imba as hell.

Or maybe it's because in a high level game nobody plays anything but the "4" on Cataract unless there is an agreement that it will be a less serious game by taking equally underpowered demigods.

Get a grip, UB is OP and countering it with other shenanigans on a few specific Demgods and elite skills 90% of the community does not possess is a BullShit argument

February 19, 2012 5:23:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LORD-ORION,
Seriously?

People are arguing that you don't need to worry about that damage potential I showed?

Based Speed 6.3, + 10% speed in inner beast, and maybe 5% snare in diseased claw?
If you get caught by UB (my argument) you stay caught.... unless you are playing range 30 swarm erebus, or I can shield and tp out oak.

I suppose from you lofty elite thrones it's harder to notice that 75% of the players in this game left because it is imba as hell.

Or maybe it's because in a high level game nobody plays anything but the "4" on Cataract unless there is an agreement that it will be a less serious game by taking equally underpowered demigods.

Get a grip, UB is OP and countering it with other shenanigans on a few specific Demgods and elite skills 90% of the community does not possess is a BullShit argument

Are you mad? I'm just trying to explain why your arguments are wrong with examples and explanations. I also have countless amounts of games with UB against other high skilled players, so i'm also talking from a lot of experience, however I did show you in numbers as well why you were wrong.

However, UB is not op, more like UP. Also you have to think about the game design. It was thought to be a 4v4 or 5v5. What is UB going to do in there? nothing but die

UBs game mechanics is to catch someone offguard. But from my "lofty throne" no one gets stupidly caught by UB.

You need to get a grib and play UB against high lvl players and see how hard it really is to be the Unclean Beast.

Also, I think you don't realize that every Demigod was developed in its way to feel op in his or her playstyle, which makes this game so much more fantastic and fairly balanced!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001250   Page Render Time: