The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Me and Tales of playing demigod: Rook

My opinion of Rook

By on January 17, 2012 11:35:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The-JAS

Join Date 01/2012

Hello Demigod community! I had demigod for a year or two but never played it (long story short I had to download it on a laptop but it wouldn't allow. I got curious earlier today and installed on my computer an fell in love). Since I started it up, I decided to do some basic single player against easy bots to ease myself into the game. Not knowing who to choose, I went to the demigod wiki to learn about each of them, and the one that interested me the most was Rook. What made me like him was:

-Really cool lore. I'm a fan of the middle ages and the fact it's a living castle really wanted me to try him out.

-His size. I'm tall IRL and his size made me think I was in the game.

-The idea. My opinion on how they made rook was the true embodiment of a tank for his size. As a fan of TD games, I always think playing him is part TD and part MOBA (massive online battle arena).

I played this for a day, and I love every bit of it. I was confused for the first few minutes of play but then I got the basics of it. I then thought, "why not make a build on him based on my experiences so far?" so this is why I made this here. I will show you my Rook build, which needs much work. I will show you the skills through gameplay not "this and that" basics. Do you have to like it? No. Do you have to read it? I won't mind. I just wanna show my opinion of Rook.

NOTE: I am writing this on an iPod, so spelling mistakes will probably be made. Also, I might not get to the most important parts until a few days later since this is through my early experiences not through a pro's angle.

Here we go!

ROOK

Rook Basics:

The basics of Rook are just numerics and stuff like that. Nothing fancy.

Strengths:

-high health overall. I believe he has the highest Health of any demigod, but I'm not sure.

-Supportive and offensive gameplay. Rook has good damage skills as well as Passives and a TD skill, which make him able to hold a location or slowly push a line.

-on death, does 200 damage to nearby foes. I'm not sure this is in effect still. I found it on his wiki page so I have to guess

-if weapon damage is over 250, you gain cleave. Same as above strength.

Neutralities (good things an bad things):

-Massive size. Whats bad about this is your size. Overall it's bad since you are much easier to hit. However, enemy aoes are less effective with you in the way and you "guard" weaker allies with your size.

Weaknesses:

-slow. He's slow. you get to the front lines slower, which is bad. (technically, it's not horrible. You don't tend to tower rush as much as other demigods.) Overall, I would say he's the games real tank. He can take a beating, basic fact.

Rook Skills:

Rook's skills. He has several different kinds:

--Active (from 1 to 4):

-Hammer Slam- deal 500/900/1300/1700 in a small radius and 100/200/300/400 damage in a small radius. Cast time is 1.5 seconds. Cooldown is 10 seconds. Cost is 360/520/680/840. (What I love about this skill is the damage. It's nice and deadly AND it hurts towers.) (Dizzing Force affects still living targets with 50% reduced movement speed for 3 seconds. you can obtain after Hammer SLam IV at at least level 15.)

-Structural Transfer- damage an ally or enemy structure and deal 800/1200/1600/2000 damage over 10 seconds and healing you for the same amount over the duration. Range is 10. Cooldown is 10 seconds. Mana Cost is 265/375/490/610. Cast time is 0.1 seconds. (Im not really a fan of this skill, since i play with the other skills, but it does have its effectiveness. You can also use your own towers with this, so at 810 mana, which is the lowest and most effective, you can be healed for 2000 health over 10 seconds.) (Energizer causes you to have 150% of your mana regen for 10 seconds when you use the skill, you can obtain after structural transfer at at least level 15)

-Power of the Tower- Raise a level 1/2/3/4 tower of light (or darkness if you're on the darkness im guessing) from the ground. May control up to 2/4/6/8 towers at a time. Towers have 1500/1950/2400/2850 life, have an attack rate of 0.5, a damage of 100/130/160/190, and will despawn after awhile (real time unknown). Costs 400/400/400/200 mana. Cooldown is 10 seconds. Cast time is 0.1 seconds. (This is how he can be played TD with enough ability cooldown and mana regen. I recommend getting this at level one since it can help level early on. Getting to rank 4 is so important since it cuts the cost in half.)

-Boulder Roll- damages all enemies in a straight line by 250/500/750 and stun them for 1.5/2/2.5 seconds. Cast time is 0.4 seconds. Cooldown is 15 seconds. Mana Cost is 560/800/1064. (Range wasn't on the wiki, sadly. This, combined with Hammer Slam, does massive damage but the cost overall is 1904 when both are at max. Overall, it would be good to have high mana regen if you are going to kill through this method.)

--Passive:

-Archer Tower- Your left shoulder mounts an archer, which does low damage to enemies in a small radius in front of you. Increased when you obtain Tower of Light. Damage per shot is 5 (7), Salvo, or amount of arrows, is 6 (12), minimum radius of 0, maximum radius of 15, and fires 2/s (this is either every 2 seconds or 2 per second. im nto sure with the salvo). (The number in parenthesis is when you get Tower of light. I believe the Trebuchet upgrades it as well, but im not sure. i recommend getting this as soon as it is available, since it makes leveling and farming much faster and easier.)

-Tower of Light- Your right shoulder mounts a tower of light and increases your archer tower. Damage is 100, reload time is 2 seconds, minimum radius is 0, maximum radius is 15. (This is a really cool upgrade, since its not only extra damage, but it also chains with towers of light you make or the ones on your team.)

-Trebuchet- You build a trebuchet on the top of your head, doing siege damage per hit and increasing the strength of all towers of light on the map by 1 (I believe this to be so, since it said applied to the whole map) Damage is 250, Damage radius is 4, reload time is 5 seconds, minimum range is 10, maximum range is 35. (I believe it does siege damage, though I'm not sure. It does its job quite well, since you can slowly damage towers early game and they don't get the tower regen upgrade.)

-Poisoned Arrows- Archer tower arrows have a 15% chance to reduce movement speed by 10%. (This applies to every arrow fired, so its 12 chances to activate the effect. Get this, since it makes killing enemy demigods much easier.)

-God Strength- increases weapon damage by 50/100/150 permanently. (Permanently as in the reast of the match i mean. This does go towards the cleave effect, so getting this really quickly makes him all the more powerful.)

-Increase attributes- increases your health, health regen, attack speed, armor, mana, mana per second, and weapon damage. ( I don't really use this that much, but i always get the first rank of this since after getting all the important stuff, its a small yet helpful boost.

THE STRATEGY: MOVING CITADEL

The way i play Rook is a moving Citadel which: 1) is using Hammer Slam, the Towers, Power of the Tower, Boulder Roll AND 2) is another name for him (since he actually is one.)

Level                      Skill                                 Reason

1                           Power of the Tower I          Early Game support and makes the way towards Power of the Tower IV

2                           Archer Tower                     Makes Farming and leveling slightly easier early on and makes the way towards Poisned Arrows

3                           Hammer Slam I                 Allows you to kill demigods and minions faster and makes the way towards Hammer Slam IV and Dizzying Force

4                           Power of the Tower II        Stronger than PotT I and makes the way towards Power of the Tower IV

5                           Tower of Light                   Improves Archer Tower and makes the way towards Poisoned Arrows

6                           God Strength I                  Makes your normal attacks stronger and makes the way towards the cleave benefit at 250 weapon damage.

7                           Power of the Tower III       Stronger than PotT II and makes the way towards Power of the Tower IV

ALL WILL BE CONTINUED LATER IN THE WEEK

(due to reasons unknown, my internet stopped working during the middle of the items part. i shouldve saved, and now i must redo the level ups and all that. curse you unknown reason my internet stopped working!)

Locked Post 6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 17, 2012 11:37:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Put this for extra room just in case. Also, do the forums remove paragraphing (separating things into groups of sentences. Yes I believe it's made up)?
January 18, 2012 12:23:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's probably how your device formatted, because it looks like that when it is sent in plain text.

Rook is a great Demigod if you have the patience to play it right.

January 18, 2012 8:00:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LORD-ORION,
It's probably how your device formatted, because it looks like that when it is sent in plain text.

Rook is a great Demigod if you have the patience to play it right.

Hey thanks! Yeah he does require patience. and i'll have to check out my devices format, as well. Thanks again! lol

January 19, 2012 5:53:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well i just finished the rook info and started onto doing his level strategy, items, and etc. More comments and opinions would be much apreciated! Also, if you know something I don't (which is possibly really high), i would love it if you could put it in a reply. Thanks!

January 20, 2012 8:26:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Side note - yay!  Glad the formatting bit got sorted and I can now read this

January 21, 2012 7:53:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would point out that you get the cleave benefit at level 8 without doing anything except reaching level 8.

That is not to say God Strength is a bad skill, but it makes much more sense late game. Rook starts with a slow attack, but has very big Auto-attack increases per level, to the point that he is ridiculous late game if you let him slap you. So you get more out of that skill later.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time: