The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Mouse click delay issue

By on January 11, 2012 10:57:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

donnysobonny

Join Date 01/2012

Hey there,

I'm really keen to give this game a good go, however I'm having a mouse click delay problem which is making it currently not playable.

Right-clicking moves your demigod, however when I right-click there is a delay of almost a second before my demigod acknowledges the command and starts to move. I have only tried AI matches where holding down the tab key for the scoreboard tells me I have zero ping.

I have tried everything I can think of to sort the issue, I have uninstalled and reinstalled both my graphics drivers and my mouse drivers and the game. I have tried playing the game in the lowest settings possible, including in windowed mode. None of these attempts made any difference atall in the delay issue.

I have downloaded the game through steam and have verified the integrity of the files.

Here are some of my computer specs:

gfx card: radeon HD 6850

mouse: kudos speedlink gaming mouse

processor: AMD phenom quad core 3.0

ram: 3gb

op: vista 32

Thanks in advance for the help,

Donny

Locked Post 6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 12, 2012 5:46:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

is it the same problem with a standard mouse?

Does the symbol appear where u click to show the move command has been made? The demigods do have a slight delay from command to move, especially if needing to turn around. If the delay is from when you click til when you see the marker where you click acknowledging the command then I'd say perhaps its the mouse? 

Gaming mouse and keyboards are not all they're cracked up to be. I've thrown away both Razor and Logitech gaming keyboards and a razor gaming mouse only days after purchase because they are shit. Now I use a $25 wireless mouse and keyboard.

And uninstall Vista! OMG does anyone actually still use that? Use XP or win7. Make the investment and never use vista it's the worst...microsoft actually made an apology for how broken vista is.

January 12, 2012 1:36:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey dude, thanks for the response.

The animation that plays on the ground as you right click is instanatnious. The delay is between that animation and when the demigod actually starts to move. The delay time is as I said almost a second. I've watched some youtube vids specifically to study the delay time for other players and in the vids there appears to be no delay time (to the naked eye). Therefore it is definetly an unintended delay.

Yeah, I know, Vista sucks. I do intend to upgrade to windows 7 64 at some point, but this is a computer which is used for a recording studio, and there are a number of terrabite brimmed hardrives. Call me lazy, but i've not gotten around to it yet

Vista cannot be the reason for the problem surely? I havn't yet found anyone else with the same problem...

I will try it with a basic mouse and get back to you.

January 12, 2012 6:27:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am not completely befuzzled! I have tried 2 cheap mice to no prevail. I have now tried every other thing I can think of.

Here's a list of everything I've tried.

- I uninstalled the game, cleared all of the game files and reinstalled the game

- I reinstalled the latest version of directx

- I have installed the all in one MOD package with bug fixes etc (http://pacov.impulsedriven.net/article/399399/Demigod_Mods_-_Here_are_the_mods_that_YOU_should_use)

- I have run the game without steam entirely

- I have run it in windows xp sp2 compatibility mode

- I have tried different demigods, fewer number of AI opponents, different arenas, changing all graphic and audio settings to low and off.

- I have tried removing all non used peripherals from my computer

I literally have no idea what else to do...

One other thing I have noticed about the problem is that during the delay - between the animation on the ground from when you right click to when the demigod starts to move - the green circle that highlights the ground at your demigod flashes exactly three times. This is 100% consistant every time I right click. This almost makes it look like a very stable glitch...?

I would very happily welcome some sort of a solution to this issue!...

Thanks again,

Donny

January 13, 2012 5:00:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

install win 7....

Try other PC before you do that.

January 14, 2012 12:39:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

donny - yeah, this seems to be a fairly unique issue (I've never heard about before anyway - do a quick forum search if you have not for "demigod mouse" - I figure you have, but just a thought).  I'm really thinking the problem is specifically related to your pc (eg hardware/drivers).  Sadly, based on the info you provided, it certainly seems like you have more than enough power to run the game.  This makes me think you have a hardware issue.  I'm also guessing that other games run fine, etc - and you just happen to have a problem with Demigod.  That said, I still think its a hardware problem.  Of course, I could be wrong, but there's nothing that I'm aware of that would cause latency in a local game of Demigod on the lowest settings (and note - I said local (no internet) game - assuming that's what you are doing). 

I'm sure that is less than exciting news, but I'm not sure what else to tell you.  You sure as shite shouldn't have to consider installing another OS to get Demigod to work.  I really just think you have a unique (lousy) situation.  heck - see if you can run the game in safe mode if you haven't tried that rot yet. 

I've built more than 80 pcs and have seen some crazy nonsense in the past.  That's what's leading me to think there is a hardware issue (that might just start with Demigod now - and that you'll notice somewhere else down the road).  From that experience, I'd suggest a new motherboard.  Again, not all that useful advice, but I think that would sort you out (+ a fresh install). 

Anyway, if you want to go the path of least resistance, you should shoot an email to [email protected] and indicate that you bought the game on impulse/steam and that is doesn't run on your system and you want a refund.  Personally, I'd suggest going that way - even though Demigod is a great game. 

Hope your problem is solved one way or another and I'm really sorry to hear that its been such a pain in the butt for you. 

January 14, 2012 6:57:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey donny U Have a daw attached to your pc??? Me2! I use sonar with XP works fine. And that machine used to run Demigod too... tho now I have a dedicated pc for the studio and another one for gaming. The gaming box only set me back about 650 and I get sim speed 9 with full creeps on max settings.

I helped a friend install sonar 8 on a new pc quadcore and strange thing is he gets mega dropouts and crash issues. My studio pc is an older dualcore and runs sonar with rarely an audio dropout.The only thing I can put these strange happenings down to is driver conflicts... seems pc's aren't he best for audio gear and new components may use conflicting memory address or such because the programmers and manufacturers couldn't give a shit about the software or hardware u got that's a couple of years old.

I guess if you could get your hands on an older pc maybe a duo with some basic gaming graphics and install dg on that to test....

Another thing you could do is film your screen with a camera to show what you mean? (screen capture may or may not show the animation exactly as you see it?)  Dont know if that could provide answers but maybe someone else may have experienced this.

Sorry if I seemed offensive with my windows vista comments too. I once had a windows blister experience.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time: