The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Discussions on political issues prohibited in this sub-forum.

By on January 8, 2012 4:56:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1478

You're free to post about pretty much any topic here but please choose the right sub-forum for it.

There is one exception: NO posts regarding politics. If you wish to discuss politics, go to the Political forums at JoeUser.com or PoliticalMachine.com.

Thanks for your understanding!

Pinned, Locked Post 35 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 9, 2013 5:52:44 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The last half dozen or so responses have explained it.

Frogboy made the rule - the Admins and Mods police it.

The reason is to keep the forum section free from politically-based flame wars which do nothing other than to divide a social community who are either graphic designers or gamers [or both].

JoeUser is the place for discussing politics, etc as it has specific sections just for that purpose....

February 9, 2013 6:10:18 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Good, safe rule, IMO.Jump! That was me jumping on board.

February 9, 2013 6:50:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,

Quoting AILST, reply 19So anyone mind to explain why that was seen a necessary limitation? I'll venture a quess that the topic almost always results in flamewars and general member animosity.

What he said.

August 9, 2013 4:02:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

What's the politics behind this rule? 

August 9, 2013 6:03:32 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Answer...There are none. Rules and regs...simple.

August 9, 2013 10:26:50 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm glad I hate flame wars. I come here to read about community stuff not politics. I have stopped coming as much as I used to because it was getting bad. I'm to old and set in my ways

August 10, 2013 4:15:12 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It's the same wherever you go. Politics, religion and of late, global warming, all have two opposing sides who will never agree. Not the sort of thing you want for any community.

Many years ago on WinCustomize a debate started on the then upcoming Iraq conflict. It started ok but ended up with friends being at each other's throats. For me a large part of what was a tightly knit community died at that point and things were never the same again.

So no, no politics. Take it somewhere else.

August 12, 2013 10:43:49 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

YES!!

August 12, 2013 11:00:48 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Fuzzy Logic,

It's the same wherever you go. Politics, religion and of late, global warming, all have two opposing sides who will never agree. Not the sort of thing you want for any community.

Many years ago on WinCustomize a debate started on the then upcoming Iraq conflict. It started ok but ended up with friends being at each other's throats. For me a large part of what was a tightly knit community died at that point and things were never the same again.

So no, no politics. Take it somewhere else.

I totally agree, there are enough sites out there where you can state your political beliefs and personal opinions.  If we can just leave WinCustomize to be was it was intended for it would make for a very nice day. 

August 12, 2013 6:48:28 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Philly0381,
there are enough sites out there where you can state your political beliefs and personal opinions.

Including JoeUser.com ....there for that very purpose....

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time: