The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Homeworld 3 Petition

By on January 1, 2012 12:43:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hawawaa

Join Date 09/2006
+30

I wanted to post this in a place where I know others that have the same love for the series. Sign up here if you want another Homeworld! I know I do! Let those THQ executives know they can take our money for Homeworld.

Locked Post 29 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 8, 2012 12:55:37 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I actually greatly enjoyed the HW2 campaign. With the new bump mapping and effects mods its insane to play even today.

I did miss the fuel consumption and other smaller HW1 details that were not in HW2.

I cannot imagine how fine hw3 would be with a modern engine on par with say company of heroes or DOW2...... however major stress I agree with your "dumbing down" concerns.

the graphics mod updates textures and shaders etc for hw2.

http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?191374-Homeworld2-(2.0)-Update-SVN-Public

January 9, 2012 8:24:08 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Destraex,
I actually greatly enjoyed the HW2 campaign. With the new bump mapping and effects mods its insane to play even today.

I did miss the fuel consumption and other smaller HW1 details that were not in HW2.

I cannot imagine how fine hw3 would be with a modern engine on par with say company of heroes or DOW2...... however major stress I agree with your "dumbing down" concerns.

the graphics mod updates textures and shaders etc for hw2.

http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?191374-Homeworld2-(2.0)-Update-SVN-Public

Reduced 87%Original 651 x 453

Frankly, with those normal maps, the game looks actually better than Sins. Hopefully Rebellion will take care of that.

January 9, 2012 3:45:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I doubt sins will ever look as good as homeworld2... its a different scale. Homeworld is about one battle in one area. Sins is about entire systems. Thats why homeworld ships have more working parts and more detail.

January 10, 2012 12:24:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Destraex,
I doubt sins will ever look as good as homeworld2... its a different scale. Homeworld is about one battle in one area. Sins is about entire systems. Thats why homeworld ships have more working parts and more detail.

True that, but at the same time, Homeworld 2 is 2002 game, while Sins is from 2008, soon to be refreshed, therefore 10 years difference. It would be kinda lame, if the 10 years older game looked better, regardless of the scope of the gameplay. Not talking specifically about moving turrets, i know theyre not going happen, as the engine stays the same - no multithreading - but there is lot more to be improved aside of this, more GPU than CPU related - better lightning, shadow casting, better materials - shaders, better textures, better effects, more detailed unit models.... 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time: