The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Occulus - love?

By on December 31, 2011 10:56:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

athelasloraiel

Join Date 12/2011
+10

Can someone post some info about occulus strategies, couldnt find any.

Also, it would be great if experienced ppl would share the list of speed attack and speed items - there is no out of game item list to peruse in peace, is there?

Thank you,

I must say Im very happy with the help I got for my gaming from fellow players, many vets are good as opposed to other popular games teaming with - well, you know who.

Locked Post 23 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 31, 2011 10:57:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

occulus is in secrecy one of the most powerful champions once you reach lvl 15.

since he is one of the later demigods that came out not a lot of people played him that much or know about his true power.

I could write pages about occulus, but i'ma try to keep it short and simple, because there are so many different play styles you can do with him.

The safest and easiest way is to play occulus on mana side. zap the creeps once  then go middle zap the creeps, and try to make the enemy miss his waves.

Favor item: Blood of the fallen. 800 hp free is just insanely good, especially on cataract with 15% increased hp flag. And so you can focus on getting mana items right of the bet

Items: monks, 550 mana helm, 1500 unbreakable boots, 1500 mana crown, 1500 chestplate, 1750 mana helm.

Late game bishops/high priests, if you can trust your teammates on locking portals get a 4000 orb of defiance and if you get focused a lot. If not 5500 mana helm crown and sell 550 mana helm.

more tips:

-your jump can do double damage if you sit right on top of your enemy, and it is aoe!

-try to always have xp flag captured when you zap the creeps on mana side

-in the early stages of the game be not too aggressive and always have enough mana to jump out!

-once you're lvl 15 you can kill anyone with your exploding balls, if already summoned always resummon them when they are right next to the enemies.

- having an early sigil and teleport keeps you always on the safe side, just don't ever use them unless you really have to, just play like you don't have them

skill tree:

max his zap and double jump

get one point in his minotaur skill for more mana with monks.

then max straigt balls till lvl 13

at lvl 15 you can max your balls and zap

now good luck and rape everyone

a pro occulus cannot lose the game to giants, that's what makes him so much more dangerous.

December 31, 2011 11:41:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Occ is very easy to play (escape mechanism + huge range + damage) and his power really increases towards end-game (which is an unusual tendency). Zen has it all outlined quite nicely. I wish to add that without Uberfix, KoM (the minions synergy passive) is probably more useful than Brain Storm (does not remove debuff states). However, if the game is with Uberfix enabled, BS over KoM is a no-brainer.

January 2, 2012 12:28:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Zen and in1 my OC is completely different build. I am a mega agressor from the start! I think oc is awesomo but you really gotta have minion control as your minions are effectively pots if you're a king of minatour player. I am both BS and KOM

I have yet to find a rook player that I cannot tear to shreds with Oculus And I'm yet to find an Oculus who rips my rook to shreds hehehaha..... There's some QOT players out there that are really making me hurt tho.

I think if brainstorm actually worked as it should, it's an op skill.... tho without interrupts maybe that's the balance.

January 2, 2012 10:52:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting oo8_BattleAxe,
Zen and in1 my OC is completely different build. I am a mega agressor from the start! I think oc is awesomo but you really gotta have minion control as your minions are effectively pots if you're a king of minatour player. I am both BS and KOM

I have yet to find a rook player that I cannot tear to shreds with Oculus And I'm yet to find an Oculus who rips my rook to shreds hehehaha..... There's some QOT players out there that are really making me hurt tho.

I think if brainstorm actually worked as it should, it's an op skill.... tho without interrupts maybe that's the balance.

as i said there are many different builds on him. the minotaur occulus is pretty good too. When i play that strategy i only max jump lvl one and max all the pluses, zap, and minotaur, and balls. later on i catch up with the doublejump. bishops and siegedemolishers are extremely powerful under him. with the items you have to balance here and there for mana and tankyness. I thought of that occulus more of a passive constant damage dealer that can go in for the kill. as far as i know the occulus i named above is one of the most aggressive builds. But usually focusing on the lvl up is better than killing on him.

if brainstorm would work one point lvl in it is a must. with the ueberfix mod i tried some stuff and cleansing out your ub that got stunned by a boulder roll is very powerful.

also with the cleanse occulus beats ub head on from lvl 3

the Brainstorm build that works is the most difficult build, but i think the strongest one, cause you reach 7k hp on occulus and have infinite mana. You need a very good team to pull it off.

January 3, 2012 2:19:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you see nnnils in game try to get him to upload an Occ replay.  He's a baaad man with Occ.  The only good Occulus replays up right now I'd say are the ones from the 3 v 3 tournament last year, but they're focused on building around a UB, not taking over a game like nnnils does.  

January 3, 2012 5:15:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

can someone post thos builds you are talking about?

also,

Electrocution: Enemies afflicted by Chain Lightning cannot regenerate health or mana for a short amount of time.

isnt that any good - sounds great to stop enemy from recharging for a bit till we kill him.

Also, I noticed my last level of ball lightings don't explode for 400 damage. Did I see it wrong, or its a bug?

http://demigod.wikia.com/wiki/Oculus

this is helpfull, but could someone link wiki to the game pages as well as post some builds on wiki pages.

That woman that wrote a fantastic description on Torchbearer did it spot on!

January 3, 2012 5:28:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

found this line on wiki, can't get it out of my mind, very "thoughtfull"

lol

January 4, 2012 2:40:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Okay my oc I do not use balls unless we get into serious all giants in the field. I max jump, chain and king of minatours and brainstorm. I've got a couple of nice little tricks with Oculus if you understand his potential from about level 10 you can regen from near dead with no mana at all using a sigil and a small mana pot. I mean by the time the sigil has run out you've got some 5k health back and big mana too! I'll let people work that one out themselves but I will tell you one item that's super handy for near death resurrection is orb of defiance.

I find the other oculus passive skills useless.

I've yet to find someone play OC who can push people around the way I do, and I usually buy both fortified structure and currency,,and still push people around - including Ub. Although the one DG I find extremely harrying is Queen of Thorns by GOOD players. 

Fix brainstorm and oculus is OP in my opinion. As it is it's a %mana buff effectively you simply brainstorm yourself every regen no matter what unless your mana is full - its like a 100 mana pot and more every cooldown. at level 15 unclean beast may as well just leave the game when brainstorm actually does cleanse. Also in ganks brainstorm your high damage teammate to keep hin in there blowing people apart, coupled with a double jump and a chain hit they got no chance at all - oculus has the longest range spell apart from snipe, and it goes through fog of war killing and destroying towers and farming all at once Chain lightening FTW!

January 5, 2012 4:00:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

my biggest problem with brainstorm and its upgrades (do you use full upgrade for it?) is the hardness to target myself in game.

I was surprised not to be able to target myself from my demigod orb?

also,

should I upgrade King of idols to max, or only 1st level?

chain is fantastic!!

January 5, 2012 2:32:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I max king of idols, BUT make sure you keep your minators alive and buy them around the time you get king of minatours II. They become a handy health boost but I actually don't use them at all - there's one of my secret oc strats Keep the minators at home - you'll need to learn your hotkeys for selecting minators, monks, seige archers and hero independantly and really micro your minions. 

Cheap minators are easy to kill, so using them in battle is to lose 500 health as soon as they are dead, which is quickly. When I teleport I also select them and send them away.

January 5, 2012 4:15:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

potions > occulus   

January 9, 2012 5:44:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Running_Lukas_79,
I max king of idols, BUT make sure you keep your minators alive and buy them around the time you get king of minatours II. They become a handy health boost but I actually don't use them at all - there's one of my secret oc strats Keep the minators at home - you'll need to learn your hotkeys for selecting minators, monks, seige archers and hero independantly and really micro your minions. 

Cheap minators are easy to kill, so using them in battle is to lose 500 health as soon as they are dead, which is quickly. When I teleport I also select them and send them away.

OMG !

o.0

January 16, 2012 2:30:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Brain storm becomes a lot more effective with hungarlings.

Also, it's not a bad idea to run with scaled, vlemish & plenor at the same time until one of the higher level items are affordable (e.g. replace vlemish w/ hungarlings and scaled with Hauberk,  or replace scaled with journeymans depending on if you have to push for portals etc) 

My preferred purchase order:

1. Monks
  2. Scaled helm + banded
  3. Plenor (is only "ok" when paired with scaled helm but the extra mana helps)
  4. Unbreakable boots
  5. Vlemish
  6. Bishops
  7. Hungarlings
  8. Hauberk

Of course sigils, TP's and the first level of minotaurs need to be added as well.

January 16, 2012 11:09:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Mythrandar,
potions > occulus   

Soooo

Occulus with a mana potion then?

January 17, 2012 4:26:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Im finding brainstorm not much of a benefit to MYSELF but its great for your rook to hold a lane give him mana, or teammate in the middle of a melee and needs that bit of mana to stun so you can jump in and ZAP away.

January 17, 2012 10:10:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LORD-ORION,

Quoting Mythrandar,
reply 11
potions > occulus   

Soooo

Occulus with a mana potion then?

no what am i pointing out here is occulus lack of interrupt/stun

you  can take a big potion in his face and he can't do anythign about it ir just tp away.

January 17, 2012 5:08:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Im finding brainstorm not much of a benefit to MYSELF but its great for your rook to hold a lane give him mana, or teammate in the middle of a melee and needs that bit of mana to stun so you can jump in and ZAP away.

Use uberfix where it correctly removes debuffs,

January 18, 2012 10:06:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I do have uberfix but as we all know the europeans refuse to get it. They never have, never will. And most the noobs dont have it either. Never get a game at all using uberfix sad as that is, pity it's not included in automatic patch.

January 19, 2012 3:54:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lukas you shud play with me more often....

January 21, 2012 1:01:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They never have, never will.

well... if they want to play in tournaments.... just sayin'

January 26, 2012 3:25:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi Pacov! Yes, I'd like to tourney but doubt I can commit with such huge real life commitments already.

Oculus Love, hellyeah! I had a game today where my experienced team DGmcafrica and another I can't remember, were worried when I used no lightning balls. Even at 15. I said no worries,  King of minatour > balls. It is. I stomped the living everything out of the other (experienced) team. I bought fs1, cur1,cur2, and all creeps except giants. 

All my gear was simply such (each bought not swapped out):

Scaled helm, Vlemish helm, Unbreakable boots, Duelists curass (I skipped nimoth's due to a quick double smite - 1 zap, 2 killed), and banded armour. 

I buy only monks at start. When I have about 1200 I get FS1 and banded armour. IMPORTANT!: I watch the warscore and when it gets to around 1400 (level 3 is 1600) I head back to citadel immediately. No matter what. I purchase cur1 the absolute second it ticks over to 3. Then cash permitting I get scaled helm and 350 minatours at this time also. (if more cash some scalemail or a teleport, if not enough cash just helmet and back to farming creeps). 

If I am in a 3v3 (not a 2v2) I will watch the warscore and get cur2 right on 5. ESPECIALLY if we are ahead of the enemy team in warscore. I have won every single game I have done this.

As I play on I will swap out my monks for bishops and get the seige demolishers too. Tho after I get Unbreakable boots, duelists curass, and vlemish helm (and of course a tele and a sigil in the process). Swapping minatours I for minatours IV is my last purchase. I never get anything else except sigils, locks and teleports. (sometimes a pot maybe) all gold after this saves for creeps.

As for skills, it's all Zap,blast off, king, and brainstorm. I'm a freak for regenerating from very low health with no minions. Then head into safe territory - enemy thinks I go for citadel regen. 350 mana = summon bishops (heal happens and mana boost form KOM). Then brainstorm myself = mana boost. Then summon minators for 500 health boost. Then out from fog I come with some 2000 health extra and enough mana for a zap or jump, plus as I engage the bishops cooldown and the brainstorm cooldown is up again and I get another mana and health boost. as good as a robust rejuv pot.

Biggest thing to avoid as OC is a QOT ground spikes or rook hammer. They wipe out your minions, there goes your health and mana = you are dying.

Oh, and always share your monk with ub or rook, But be skilled on your monk micro or find your mana disappear at the least convenient time when your monk on other side of map gets killed.

I played 2 games as QOT yesterday and found her AWESOME. Stomped the buggeree out of some unsuspecting doubters. I never played QOT before and love the shambler usefulness. Shamblers + ground spikes + minion build - ooze beast health stack was absolutely no match.

January 26, 2012 11:23:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I played 2 games as QOT yesterday and found her AWESOME. Stomped the buggeree out of some unsuspecting doubters. I never played QOT before and love the shambler usefulness. Shamblers + ground spikes + minion build - ooze beast health stack was absolutely no match. 

It always leaves me wondering: why there is a hidden agreement for minion QoT but not for minion Oak ? Minion QoT is as much pain in the ass as minion Oak is,

I played many games and if minion Qot appears nobody says a damn word but if somebody starts to playing minion Oak everybody squeals OMFG! WTF IS THIS SHIT!?!!?! NOOB! NOOB TACTIC!!!! MINION OAK !!!! 

bloody hypocrites

January 26, 2012 2:54:33 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

minion oak is not minion qot.  Same thing with any other general and minions.  The strength/cheapness factor of minion oak is in taking out structures from a substantial distance - on top of that, his spirits can fly around defenses to focus on your target... eg destroying the citadel in 8-10 minutes.  The cheese is in being able to pull this off even if you only have half a brain... any time after 8 minutes or so. Just to be clear, the cheese is not in working over structures - its in making an early rush on the enemy citadel which is not possible or viable with any other character.

Personally, I don't really care if someone uses minion oak as long as they just aren't going for the cheese win. Anyway, that said, I trust you might be able to see a slight difference between a minion oak and qot.  One can cheaply take out your citadel; the other cannot.  Both can be annoying to fight against, to be sure, but the oak is certainly more powerful with 3 level's of shield + a minion spec than a qot.... far more powerful.  Try running up as a minion qot 8 minutes into the game and take out the citadel and let me know how that goes. Remember, the big plus to a minion qot is that you can use ground spike to substantially increase the real damage done - and you have to be near your creeps to do that.

If people just whine when they see a minion oak, though - I agree.  Pretty lame and silly. I'm sure that happens from time to time and I think its a bit ridiculous to start whining in a game just because someone went minion oak.  That said, if people get annoyed and don't want to play with or against a minion oak after he ends a game 10 minutes in, well, that's happened as well.  Anyway, if I go minion oak, I just play him like I would any other minion build, but I don't spam the citadel.  I've never had a problem with that and I wager any experienced, half way decent player would not either. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time: