The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod: Purchased from Steam, cannot login to Demigod

This is after clicking on internet through multiplayer

By on December 15, 2011 12:37:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

slayr91

Join Date 12/2011

Here's what I've done so far. I buy the game through steam, Game downloads, I launch the game, window pops up asking me to register with Stardock account, I create stardock account because I didnt have one to begin with, I register the game with that account, I activate the account through the email, I launch the game, I click on multiplayer, I click on internet, I tried the login info I used to get on the forums which is slayr91 and the same password I just logged in with on here, game says "invalid username and/or password" Which is not true because I have typed everything in exactly the same. I have even tried logging into the game with my email and still no luck. A solution would be very much appreciated since I really want to play this awesome game!

Locked Post 35 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 6, 2012 5:59:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bump

January 6, 2012 8:17:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you haven't, shoot an email to [email protected] explaining the issue.  The only random thing I can think of is that perhaps some port is being blocked by steam that is used by Demigod when you launch it via steam.  Only thing that even kind of makes sense to me. 

January 7, 2012 4:49:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well cheers i will try and see if they know

January 7, 2012 12:44:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I wonder why can't we reregister old games or impulse bought games to steam, that would help some things...

I have sins CD Id dearly love to reg on steam...

January 7, 2012 3:27:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting athelasloraiel,
I wonder why can't we reregister old games or impulse bought games to steam, that would help some things...

I have sins CD Id dearly love to reg on steam...

There's no financial incentive for impulse or steam to let you register and download from both places.  You buy from impulse.  They get the money.  They host the downloads.  Getting it on steam would mean they are handing you free hosting of a game you didn't pay them for.  Anyway, I know it would be nice, but its a fairly common practice.

May 25, 2012 7:35:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I downloaded the demo to demigod and don't know what account i should use. i only have an account on demigodthegame.com

and i don't know my username or how to reset it or view it or something?

May 25, 2012 7:36:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

because it said that the name i am posting with was my nick name, but i tried that too

July 12, 2012 9:49:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I cant log to the game either i bought it last night....  are the servers up? or they got shut down orsomething

July 12, 2012 12:33:02 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Quoting Incry,
I cant log to the game either i bought it last night....  are the servers up? or they got shut down orsomething

Did you try the steps listed in the OP?  If you are still having trouble after that, shoot an email off to [email protected] and they'll get you sorted.  Sorry you're having a problem getting up and running at any rate.  :/

edit - also try this.  Goto www.demigodthegame.com/downloads.

there are some useful links there for registering, etc.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000672   Page Render Time: