The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod is on Steam!!! (It is a second chance to build a healthier player base)

By on December 14, 2011 7:17:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod ForumsExternal Link

nuff said... except for:

Please be kind to new players... this has been your public service announcement for the day.

+3 Karma | 23 Replies
December 14, 2011 7:17:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

NT

December 14, 2011 9:07:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

atta boy prussian

December 15, 2011 6:11:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Have the network problems all been fixed then? 

You no longer wait 20 minutes to get enough people for a 3v3?

Or get kicked from "Decent players"-labelled games anyways, since your stats got reset since you last play, and you are listed with 20 games rather than 500? 

Personally, I just bough the game on Steam since I'd rather not have Impulse installed, and still remember (parts of) the game fondly enough to have it accessible to play if the whim arises

December 15, 2011 9:17:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I was thinking of grabbing the four pack and trying to convince some friends to play it by gifting them a copy. But how small and newcomer unfriendly is the community now? Then again if I can actually get 3 friends to play we can just 2v2 or 3v3 with 1 bot each and not have to be told we are doing it wrong. 

December 15, 2011 9:17:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

HOLY CRAP!!! STEAM!!!

December 15, 2011 9:55:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have been waiting for this day to come forever.

Needless to say, I'm buying the 4-pack right now.

Everyone will play Demigod! EVERYONE! <- I'd scream that in Torchbearer's voice if I could get my vocal chords to work that way.

December 15, 2011 10:04:39 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Quoting NodtheThird,
I was thinking of grabbing the four pack and trying to convince some friends to play it by gifting them a copy. But how small and newcomer unfriendly is the community now? Then again if I can actually get 3 friends to play we can just 2v2 or 3v3 with 1 bot each and not have to be told we are doing it wrong.

Well - the community is what folks will make of it.  Before getting DG on steam, it was not all that newcomer friendly.  Demigod is the type of game where one person blowing it even once or twice can result in a loss.  This generally resulted in experienced players not being all that welcoming to new players.  Not everyone behaved this way, but it was more common than not. 

That said, overnight the population has at least quadroupled.  That means there are plenty of new players and finding a game should not be all that difficult.  So, I think picking up a 4 pack would be an easy win - even if you decided to only play with your pals.  It's a very fun game. 

December 15, 2011 10:32:00 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

so i'm interested in a strategy guide for this game, cause single player goes with no tutorial or something else helpfully.

i played this game long time ago, i just want to get more involved in this nice game

December 15, 2011 11:04:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i bought the game from retail shop as i already owned the sucky impluse and now it is available in steam which is fantastic . can you inform them to fix it as i already own the game in impluse and i should be able to download from steam when i type in the cd key......? oooooooooooooooooooo

December 15, 2011 11:09:03 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Namieamuro777,
i bought the game from retail shop as i already owned the sucky impluse and now it is available in steam which is fantastic . can you inform them to fix it as i already own the game in impluse and i should be able to download from steam when i type in the cd key......? oooooooooooooooooooo

Keys are not transferable to Steam.  Steam is a different retailer so previous keys will not work.

December 15, 2011 11:58:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well that's a huge "@#% you" to current supporting customers.

December 15, 2011 12:22:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

You still have access to your game on Impulse, and soon via your Stardock account.  Steam is just another distribution outlet.

December 15, 2011 12:23:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Island Dog,
You still have access to your game on Impulse, and soon via your Stardock account.  Steam is just another distribution outlet.

So does that mean the player base is shared and not separated between Impulse/Steam?

December 15, 2011 12:38:14 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

If you are asking if the MP community is split (eg can't play with each other if they bought on steam vs impulse), then no.  Everyone is able to play with everyone else.  Its just a matter of having to use 1 client over another to download the game.

December 15, 2011 12:53:36 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It's the same game regardless of where you purchased it at.

December 15, 2011 1:55:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Awesome. And it's every bit of fun as I remember it being.

The question is: were the problems that killed the game originally fixed before this Steam release?

Is everything unhackable and proper now?

December 15, 2011 2:42:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

still not perfect but its so much fun i dont really care...

December 16, 2011 3:40:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ShadowMasterRP,
Awesome. And it's every bit of fun as I remember it being.

The question is: were the problems that killed the game originally fixed before this Steam release?

Is everything unhackable and proper now?

Gas powered games abandoned this game after the release of DA and Oculus. There are so many bugs and issues with the game that have never been fixed (see uber fix mod to just scratch the surface) some of these things are tolerable for a while but when you play the game at a competitive level they become more and more tiresome (getting stuck on corners, UB getting stuck in place, the abuse of host exploit and a broken ladder system, etc...).  The game is an unpolished gem that could of been crazy popular with the right support/marketing/downloadable content/free to play etc..... 

December 16, 2011 8:18:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

50 current games and over 150 players online... good news!

I have also heard from a number of new players that some established players are answering questions/encouraging them to better grasp fundamental aspects of them game... yes, some are treated less than kindly but speaking from experience, reaching out to new players now may encourage them to stick around!!

December 17, 2011 12:57:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Prussian-Havoc,
50 current games and over 150 players online... good news!

I have also heard from a number of new players that some established players are answering questions/encouraging them to better grasp fundamental aspects of them game... yes, some are treated less than kindly but speaking from experience, reaching out to new players now may encourage them to stick around!!

Don't use that link for the stats. It's no longer correct. I think it only tracks Impulse players.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Steam Stats is showing a constant population of around 500 with peaks at 600-700.

I mean, sure, that's not just multiplayer, but I'm sure lots of players are learning the game in singleplayer first.

In short:

IT'S ALIVE! IT'S ALIIIIIIVE!!!

December 18, 2011 12:38:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Peak player count is rising by about 100 per day. Was 600 yesterday, now over 700 today.

December 19, 2011 2:09:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I haven't had to wait more than a few minutes to get into a game so far.  The Pantheon is kind of limited, but there are loads of custom games going on at any one time.

December 19, 2011 3:03:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ShadowMasterRP,

Quoting Prussian-Havoc, reply 1950 current games and over 150 players online... good news!

<snip>

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

</snip>

Thanks for that link!  +1 internets to you.  

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000890   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.