The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Fallen Enchantress: Being the better person

By on September 14, 2011 8:58:17 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1443

Gone are  “points” to throw into stats. Instead, players gain special abilities when they level up. The higher the level, the more exotic the choices become.

Locked Post 55 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 19, 2011 1:13:38 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I like what I am seeing; however, I am concerned that the AI may not be up to picking traits that mesh with a specific strategy.

Will the AI pick traits in accordance in accordance with the strategy it has choosen, will it pick them randomly or will it ignore strategy and follow a single set of rules to pick traits regardless of the strategy (if any)?

September 19, 2011 5:52:29 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

Reduced 61%

Original 927 x 695

Work in progress.

I hope that heavy armour and shields will significantly lower Initiative, and require a certain Strength to use - in WoM, there were no penalties for using the best, heaviest armour - so if you had enough gold, all your champions (be they Level 1 or 5) would just get kitted out in the best stuff available - which made no sense at all, and pretty much turned each one into the same, identical-looking tank.

September 19, 2011 9:12:55 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Mortenart,

Quoting Frogboy, reply 39

Reduced 61%

Original 927 x 695

Work in progress.

I hope that heavy armour and shields will significantly lower Initiative, and require a certain Strength to use - in WoM, there were no penalties for using the best, heaviest armour - so if you had enough gold, all your champions (be they Level 1 or 5) would just get kitted out in the best stuff available - which made no sense at all, and pretty much turned each one into the same, identical-looking tank.

Agree.  

September 19, 2011 9:47:23 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Mortenart,
I hope that heavy armour and shields will significantly lower Initiative, and require a certain Strength to use - in WoM, there were no penalties for using the best, heaviest armour - so if you had enough gold, all your champions (be they Level 1 or 5) would just get kitted out in the best stuff available - which made no sense at all, and pretty much turned each one into the same, identical-looking tank.

These have pretty much been confirmed in the following links.

http://forums.elementalgame.com/409834 - Dev Journal on Armies

http://forums.elementalgame.com/407109 - Dev Journal on Weapons

If you look at the actual spreadsheet on the Weapons page it shows speed penalties for heavy weapons. The encumber system also allows stronger units to use heavier or more gear. While weak ones have to pick and choose.

September 19, 2011 11:47:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting DsRaider,
These have pretty much been confirmed in the following links.

http://forums.elementalgame.com/409834 - Dev Journal on Armies

http://forums.elementalgame.com/407109 - Dev Journal on Weapons

If you look at the actual spreadsheet on the Weapons page it shows speed penalties for heavy weapons. The encumber system also allows stronger units to use heavier or more gear. While weak ones have to pick and choose.

This is excellent, many thanks Ds   This gives me great hope for FE - it is the attention to detail that WoM was crying out for.  Why it could not have been honed over the years of development and betas, I have no clue (well I do, but not going into that now..)  I have developed and run many online combat games, and these weight and initiative factors were always amongst the first things that I sorted.  Every good 'wargame' must have solid combat dynamics & mechanics - it's encouraging to see FE starting to tackle these a lot better now.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000360   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.