The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Counter Healing

By on September 6, 2011 5:19:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dlarimit

Join Date 10/2010
+20

A question to whoever actively plays/played Sedna. How useful do you really find CH? Much to my dismay, my experiments with CH vs no-CH builds demonstrate it may not be worth the point under any circumstances (except playing vs another Sed that did take CH). However, this is a subjective evaluation. Any expeienced Sed player input will be greatly appreciated.

Locked Post 8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 8, 2011 2:29:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think CH is very good and pick it almost every time. 2v2 when the enemy has a gen ill get it and 3v3 when they have a gen usually too - sooner or later they will also get priests in. Maybe in the 3v3 u can get it later on but I think its worth it Also in 2v2 when ur laning vs another gen its very strong for pushing and lane holding.

However I wouldnt consider myself an experienced sed player.

September 9, 2011 12:37:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My take has always been that if there are 2 generals on the opposing team, then you ALWAYS get counter healing.  If there is no opposing sedna, it is a huge benefit then in team battles and even just soloing, etc. 

I would add that if there is only 1 general, then the decision gets a little fuzzy.  But if there are 2, I would take CH 100% of the time. 

September 9, 2011 3:51:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

^That pretty much was my doctrine until recently, too.

However, I've found empirically that enemy monks are either dead or out of range in so many situations (with allied Rook, TB, Occ, QoT, to name a few prominent cases), while you, as Sedna, will naturally outheal enemy generals by a huge margin anyway. Since you are not a farming powerhouse by any means (fastish dynamic Sed I play now is having a much easier time in this respect than a pure support static Sed, but still...), every level counts. Basically, you don't have any points to spare until level 15 or so, and I just don't think CH is ultimately worth it, unless it's a counter to another Sed with CH,

Also, in my opinion, monks' healing is only realistically useful over long periods of time, while laning semi-passively. I've seen it change the outcome of an occasional early-game skirmish, but that happens only very early and, indeed, very occasionally.

September 9, 2011 5:03:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Buy Nature's reckoning and no counter healing needed You deal that additional damage from additional heal to Sedna + kill monks in a while. But oh well... I am no Sedna expert myself, though I rarely get counter healing (just only if I want to play extremely passively or enemies get early priests + got generals). She has a lot of useful skills and to me their priority is higher, unless enemies always walk as three generals group and all got different levels of healers. Then I'd adjust and get counter healing, but in these matches? No. I rarely see people get even two different levels of healers (and share them), so there's nearly no point in getting this early.

September 9, 2011 5:17:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

She has a lot of useful skills and to me their priority is higher, unless enemies always walk as three generals group and all got different levels of healers. 

Pretty much this, though I'm strongly opposed to NR on Sedna in 3v3. It's not bad, of course, but you absolutely need BoS, 2 helms, Unbreakables and Hauberk.

September 9, 2011 1:18:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I found conter healing's range really short because i saw other generals get healed by monks when they are like 10 range away from me

September 13, 2011 11:40:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I dont get it - which other skill is more useful to a sedna in 3v3s than counter healing??????

September 13, 2011 1:17:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

(except playing vs another Sed that did take CH

I think that quote right there expresses how powerful CH can be. "CH sucks except I can't beat Sedna's who get it so I have to get it then". 

Every heal you prevent is like a free 1000 pounce, esp once sigils come out, and it helps hurt people who are tunneling on you. 

If your team is Sedna + Queen/Occ/Rook against a single general with no priests, sure, delay it. But CH gets kills. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000171   Page Render Time: