The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

List of Stardock Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Other Social Media Sites

By on March 23, 2016 9:30:00 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+759

We have been putting a lot of focus on our Facebook and Twitter pages and it has resulted in new customers and new members of our community.  Since we have quite a few, I wanted to post a list of all of them so you can easily “like” them.

Facebook:

Twitter:

YouTube:

Google+:

Reddit:

Pinned, Locked Post 63 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 29, 2011 5:19:29 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Island Dog,
*sigh*

Ditto!

June 29, 2011 6:27:14 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

A nive way to let facebook act more to YOUR likings is BetterFacebook. Available as a plugin for browsers.

And a short note : Data You leave on websites is NEVER and NOWHERE 100 % secure. So just look WHAT data You need to show and give away. That's it.

June 29, 2011 9:27:49 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Marketing posted in a forum reaches people who go to that forum.  It's a very small number of people.

Marketing in Facebook can reach many people who might be interested if only they knew about it.  Now they will have a better chance of knowing about it.  Share the love, become a fan.

June 29, 2011 9:37:44 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Snowman,
Haters are gonna hate.
Nothing will ever change that.

You got it, Bro!

... and btw: I HATE FACEBOOK - most useless shit ever (but this is another story )

June 29, 2011 10:01:45 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Onklifiziert,

... and btw: I HATE FACEBOOK - most useless shit ever (but this is another story )

Yeah, for those who do not use it or want to use it.

I spend way more time on Facebook than on any other site, so it's far from useless to me.

June 29, 2011 10:45:38 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Island Dog,
*sigh*

You don't have to participate on Facebook if you don't like it.  The fact is we have thousands and thousands of "fans" on our Facebook pages and people use FB now to get info and things of that sort.  

Just because we are doing something on Facebook does not mean that is the only outlet for promotions.  

Probably should have mentioned that in the OP. 

What you did say was "In the coming weeks and months, we will be offering exclusive giveaways, coupons, and first-looks on these pages, so it will be a great way to get ahead on some future updates to our games and software." 

I'm sorry and apologize but that makes me feel like if you don't go to Facebook you will be missing out.  Am I reading too much into this?

June 29, 2011 10:59:56 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

fb is the only way I can keep up with Snowy.  But he uses funny letters.

ZubaZ is correct re: marketing: Sutton's Law.

(For the same reason, fb is targeted by the criminals. You can shoot in the air randomly, or you can shoot at a huge flock of birds. More of a chance hitting something in the latter case)

For the same reason, multiple venues are chosen for advertising: Flocks, bigger flocks, many big flocks.

Not smart to advertise just here. Gotta get out there and look for more singers for the choir!

June 29, 2011 11:06:46 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

*sigh*

Philly -

Is there anything in the OP that says "These offers will only be available in FaceBook"?

No, it says "first-look" and "a great way to get ahead" but nowhere does it say that will be "the only place" to get updates or coupons.

June 29, 2011 12:25:00 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

My attempt at humor wasn't meant to incite an I Hate Facebook movement. I hope I didn't.

For the record, I use FB occaisionally to keep in touch with a few people I have no other way to get in touch with. I don't go there often because there are a lot of things I don't like about it.

That said, FB and Twitter seem to be THE way to reach the masses these days.

A true story I find humorous:

My brother is 56 years old. He calls me one day, frantic, telling me he has a computer problem and needs my help, immediately. (He lives 100 miles away from me, BTW)  He was distraught and frantic......when I got him calmed down enough to tell me his woes, he says he has lost internet and he has crops on FB that will die if I can't help him.....   Yes, you read correctly...

As far as I know, he's not mentally disturbed. Why would a 56 year old man be worried about his (virtual crops) dying, so worried he was almost in tears?

I find it extremely amusing...lol!!

June 29, 2011 12:51:23 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting RedneckDude,
As far as I know, he's not mentally disturbed. Why would a 56 year old man be worried about his (virtual crops) dying, so worried he was almost in tears?

Don't ask. It's "virtually" impossible to get to the root of and answer in a "productive" manner. Seriously.

June 29, 2011 12:56:06 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Nut...lol! 

June 29, 2011 6:27:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hankers.

Quoting Hankers,
*sigh*

Philly -

Is there anything in the OP that says "These offers will only be available in FaceBook"?

No, it says "first-look" and "a great way to get ahead" but nowhere does it say that will be "the only place" to get updates or coupons.

you should re-read it again cause it dose

In the coming weeks and months, we will be offering exclusive giveaways, coupons, and first-looks on these pages, so it will be a great way to get ahead on some future updates to our games and software.

Exclusive means only here can you get it..

now we all know that, have the software and games the you are not going to update through FB

-------------

you want to get a BIG audience advertise on TV. 

but I use FB and don't like it  but I know how to use it safer well some what

June 29, 2011 7:13:05 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

No DC. The word "Exclusive" modifies "giveaways". It does NOT say "only there".

It says:

In the coming weeks and months, we will be offering exclusive giveaways, coupons, and first-looks on these pages, so it will be a great way to get ahead on some future updates to our games and software.

NOT

"In the coming weeks and months, we will be offering giveaways, coupons, and first-looks on these pages exclusively, so.... our games and software."

If you can't see the difference, do the sentence tree.

June 29, 2011 8:04:43 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

OK, I'm stoopid...what's a sentence tree? 

June 29, 2011 10:24:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sometimes, if people speak really loudly, their words fall to the ground and--like seeds--eventually grow into a sentence tree.  Where do you think dangling pear-ticples come from?

June 29, 2011 10:48:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

No no Sinperium, that's all wrong. A sentence tree is a tree that grows punishments. I am growing a guillotine sentence tree out back now and a large number of sentences will be handed out. The branches also grow like natural nooses.

Oh and 2+2=6 and if you can't see that do the universal drift. ROFLMFAO

Keep it simple and just look up http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/exclusive. While it does not state "only" it does state "limiting or limited to possession, control, or use by a single individual or group" and "excluding others from participation".

OMG  2+2 does =4. 

Quoting Island Dog,
*sigh*

By all means get the word out and advertise, Sins is probably my favourite game and the more people that know the better the community is. My point was I would just like to have the same opportunities as the Facebook users. Please.

Everyone in the Sins community knows my devotion to this game and its company, just look at the time I spent setting up and maintaining http://soase.weebly.com/ and http://www.wincustomize.com/users/3982443/myfist0 and I should not be "excluded from participating".

June 30, 2011 12:36:23 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Snowman,
Haters are gonna hate.
Nothing will ever change that.

I don't hate Facebook, I'm just an unsociable old bastard with a grumpy disposition who thinks it's a total waste of his time.

And I have no privacy concerns about Facebook, either... NOT going there, EVER, resolves all those for me in one non-click of a button.

I do, however, have a fear of being sued... given that that Zuckerberg wanker has copyrighted the word Facebook.. and oops, I've just used it again.

I read somewhere that the pimply faced dickweed wanted to copyright the words face and book as well....

.... says to me, an opportunistic greedy bastard who would resort to money derived from farcical law suits if Facebook [there I go again] isn't turning over the expected billions.

Nope, I don't hate Facebook [used it again... pushing my luck there], however I do despise what it represents - that being a dishonest cash cow for its owner rather than an honest gathering place for its users.

Me, a hater?  Nah, I'm just a cynical, grumpy old fart with a naturally distrusting nature.

June 30, 2011 12:43:48 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DrJBHL,
No DC. The word "Exclusive" modifies "giveaways". It does NOT say "only there".

It says:

NOT

"In the coming weeks and months, we will be offering giveaways, coupons, and first-looks on these pages exclusively, so.... our games and software."

If you can't see the difference, do the sentence tree.

no I do not need a sentence tree

I can see it clear as day in this post about their Facebook Pages

In the coming weeks and months, we will be offering exclusive giveaways, coupons, and first-looks on these pages,

NOTE the (on these pages) that would be all the links at the top of this post which are Facebook

you can tell me I am Wrong all day and talk down to me all you want, but I see it as those offers will be on those Facebook pages only, with it worded like it is.

June 30, 2011 1:20:24 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I spent years insuring my real life identity was not connected to the internet and then my kids and friends undid it all with Facebook.  So now I am avenged with a faux Facebook page.  A least I have the satisfaction of scamming the man.

But I did like Stardock with it.

June 30, 2011 1:25:11 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Sinperium,
I spent years insuring my real life identity was not connected to the internet and then my kids and friends undid it all with Facebook.

Hahhaha, that is too funny Sin. Resistance is futile  .

June 30, 2011 1:30:20 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DisturbedComputer,
NOTE the (on these pages) that would be all the links at the top of this post which are Facebook

you can tell me I am Wrong all day and talk down to me all you want, but I see it as those offers will be on those Facebook pages only, with it worded like it is.

Frankly, I don't give a danm!  I never signed up here for freebies, so not getting them because I don't go to Facebook means nothing to me anyhow.

What's not covered by my WC and OD subs doesn't matter.  All the community I need [online] is right here at WC, and the software I paid for allows me to use skins that the generous folk of WC have shared with us.  Any more than that, well I am more than happy with what I've got and don't really need it.

Hehe, I would have been no good as an adventurer/explorer back then....

.... I'd have stopped at the first pleasant little island I came across and thought bugger the rest of the world.

June 30, 2011 3:12:01 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting myfist0,
Hahhaha, that is too funny Sin. Resistance is futile .

Apparently it was...grrrrrr.

June 30, 2011 3:21:27 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DisturbedComputer,
you can tell me I am Wrong all day

Ok...you're wrong all day....

The salient point is "so it will be a great way to get ahead on some future updates to our games and software".

If you want it 'first' get it on Facebook, that's all....

June 30, 2011 3:39:07 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

MMMmmm yummy. And low on calories as well. 

June 30, 2011 6:09:54 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000265   Page Render Time: