The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Quitters and the AI

By on June 11, 2011 3:05:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Plaguewraith

Join Date 04/2011
+9

Hi!

Once again, a player quitted (but not without saying it was not his fault but ours to all) because we were loosing. So good, so far happens quite often it seems to me.

I was asking myself then, which difficulty level has the AI then?

And how about the enhanced AI, is it the same there?

Should the settings (like gold/XP and HP) for the AI always be on high to make at least a little difference or doesn´t it count at all then?

Thanks for any answers.

Locked Post 2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 11, 2011 3:33:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey.

Once a player leaves, normal AI replaces it. Players usually put AI gold and exp low (players killing it get less gold and exp), while setting AI hp high (it has more health then obviously). However the worst thing is that replaced AI buys stupid items... Like Theugeris's hat... My most hated item as 90% of noobs and all AI buys it for unknown reason. I understand why AI buys it, but players... Well anyway. It sells good items for bad ones.

Enhanced AI obviously doesn't do that. Sometimes even buys better items than the player. It is not very great when it comes to some important decisions, but it clearly knows enough basics + buys upgrades, so team can very likely forget them and focus on themselves instead.

Without Enhanced AI, if the game is not decided yet and player leaves - then it's pretty much decided that team with AI loses.

With Enhanced AI - it is still unknown and the side with AI could win.

June 11, 2011 3:40:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I always though the gold/xp setting was for the AI to gain , not for the players killing it... So I know what the settings have to be. Thanks!

Yeah, without enhanced AI you´re done. You´re mostly even with, but thankfully the eAI buys citadel upgrades too.

Edit: Can it be done, that the AI chances to nightmare if a player leaves and eAI is on or is that to difficult to realize?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000031   Page Render Time: