The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

To the Moderators: Please unlink JoeUser from your game forums.

By on May 22, 2011 1:06:50 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I would like to make a polite suggestion that the JoeUser forum postings not be automatically posted to your game forums. Or, I would appreciate the option to disable them, if possible.

I log on to this site to follow the development of your software products, and, in browsing, have often come across posts that I find to be, frankly, somewhat offensive through the JoeUser forums.

True, a person certainly has the right to say whatever he or she wants in the public domain, but after reading several of the posts that have popped up lately, I can't imagine that you would want them associated with your product line. Again, I strenuously agree that a person has the right to say whatever he or she would like, but this is not a public venue.

Anyway, feel free to ignore this post, but at least one of your customers is uncomfortable with interacting with the wide net you've cast with your forum software.

+22 Karma | 6 Replies
May 22, 2011 1:17:51 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The cross-linking of Stardock's various forums isn't likely to change any time soon.

If however you come across something particularly offensive [being mindful we are PG-13, not pre-school] it can be reported and looked into....

May 22, 2011 1:21:19 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Already done.

Don't worry, it wasn't you.   And anyway, that's alright, it was just a thought.

May 22, 2011 1:24:33 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting LightofAbraxas,
Already done.

It has?

I haven't seen notification.

May 22, 2011 1:27:47 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I find you edjejoomatining. Not offensive.

Umm... maybe there's a delay? Or my only report ever is just disregarded?

May 22, 2011 2:08:10 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting LightofAbraxas,
maybe there's a delay?

Well...I am 10,000 miles away....but I usually get complaint emails re JU.

Come to think of it...I may only get the ones relating to forums which crossover to Wincustomize.

I tell you....if there's a way to make SD's forums MORE convoluted it's been done already....

May 22, 2011 7:55:57 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Who gets reports depends on which forum you report it from. Jafo doesn't get reports posted via the games forums, for example. Reporting via Stardock.com or WinCustomize will likely reach the most inboxes if it is an emergency.

In any case, Brad chooses which categories appear on which sites; it is not something individual site moderators have control over. And while the mod actions that can be taken against JU postings are limited, we can, however, move threads that become overly offensive or political back into more appropriate forum categories that only appear on JU.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000390   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.