The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Name the game game

By on May 11, 2011 8:02:45 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

So I guess it came out around 12 or 13 years ago.

It was kind of like Resident Evil in that you moved your character around in pre rendered environments but you controlled the sights of your guy with the mouse.  He held 2 pistols and there would be 2 red lasers showing where he aimed.

You were some kind of vampire hunter or something and there were different levels with different horror themes.  I remember the one where you go in to a vampire mansion the most, you fight lots of vampires, large bats stuff like that.

I remember one level where you walked through woods at night and there were werewolves running through the trees and they would come out and attack you.

Can anyone name the game I'm thinking of?

+24 Karma | 14 Replies
May 11, 2011 7:36:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Is it 'Where's wally?'

sorry, applying your game description to where's wally just cracks me up,,, hahahaha, but seriously, i don't know your game? Would it be at all similar to Turok i wonder? But it is definitely 'not' Turok, you can be sure of that.

May 11, 2011 8:10:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Better post a screenshot. That way, it can't be easily googled, yet still specific enough. Your description is too vague - can you at least name the platform?

May 11, 2011 8:35:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Kamamura_CZ,
Better post a screenshot. That way, it can't be easily googled, yet still specific enough. Your description is too vague - can you at least name the platform?

Despite the title I think that this might be less of a 'figure out what I'm talking about to prove you're cool' game and more of a 'please help me remember this thing I forgot'  So I'm guessing that screenshots are not forthcoming...

May 12, 2011 1:40:45 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Sounds a lot like Countdown Vampires, but that was a playstation game, no mouse. Also, I don't remember the weaponry on that one, so no idea if you had two guns with laser sights.

More questions on the game. Was it a roleplaying game (ie, levels for your character)? Pure FPS shoot'em'up (Doom, Duke Nukem, or Blood 3d style) or did it have puzzles (Silent Hill, Vampire: The Masquerade, etc).

Are we talking actual late 90s pc-game, or console game in the early 2000s?

Sadly, I don't know if the description (other than the two weapons with laser sights) is distinct enough to define the game from others of the genre.

Did you know the game, or were you needing help figuring out what the game was?

May 12, 2011 3:00:56 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I believed I played this game once...Did it have a priest with a crossbow as one of the characters?  I remember an extensive vampire mansion and it was similar to resident evil.  I can't for the life of me remember what it was called though.  Judgement? 

May 12, 2011 3:39:40 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Sareth, I think you are thinking of Hunter:The Reckoning, which was an amazing gauntlet type game.

May 12, 2011 4:45:16 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Haha, too easy; the game you're thinking of is Nocturne.  Bit of a flawed gem, but still worth a play through.

I remember being flawed but the way the trench coat flowed as he climbed ladders.

May 12, 2011 4:46:26 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Reminds me of Nocturne, top down, same engine as the Blair Witch games, it was made by the guys that did Blood Rayne, it actually has a character that may or not be Rayne's sister. Too bad they didn't make a sequel, the way it ended sort of needs one.

May 13, 2011 12:04:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Great work ZehDon that's the game!

Might have to get hold of a copy to remind myself about it.

May 13, 2011 3:41:23 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

I thought this was gonna be a forum game where we guess the game then we throw a description of another game and keep on playing. I already had a game on my mind to trow out there to see if anyone could guess it. darn.

May 13, 2011 3:44:29 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting CharlesCS,
I thought this was gonna be a forum game where we guess the game then we throw a description of another game and keep on playing.

Make it so!

May 13, 2011 8:02:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ok here, Guess this game:

May 13, 2011 11:04:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Um... I don't think that image linked correctly.

July 29, 2011 11:22:24 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

The health bar and graphics seem familiar;  a PS1 game?  [EDIT:  I just saw the address link with the game's name,  and I am still not sure if I played it.]

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.