The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod: What would you do?

By on April 7, 2011 2:55:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1478

This month marks the two year anniversary of Demigod's initial release. It's time to start thinking about its future.

If you had your way, what would you do with Demigod?

For example: For a Demgiod v1.5, what key tweaks would you do in that?

For a Demigod expansion, what would you do in that?

For a Demigod sequel, what would you do in that?

We'd like to hear how you guys would like to see Demigod evolve in the future.

Locked Post 269 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 10, 2011 9:27:47 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting OMG_ZEX,
Rook twice the size? good luck getting around corners.....

solution!   Bigger maps!   Bigger LANES..........make the game actually look like the ADVERTISEMENT POSTERS!  

April 10, 2011 10:22:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting the_Monk,

Quoting OMG_ZEX,
reply 50
Rook twice the size? good luck getting around corners.....

solution!   Bigger maps!   Bigger LANES..........make the game actually look like the ADVERTISEMENT POSTERS!  

and bigger lag!

April 10, 2011 10:29:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_ZEX,
and bigger lag!
you just need bigger internet

April 10, 2011 10:31:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Zen_God,

Quoting OMG_ZEX,
reply 52
and bigger lag!you just need bigger internet

you can have fun with the 4 people that can play without lag then

April 10, 2011 11:05:57 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting OMG_ZEX,
Quoting Zen_God, reply 53

Quoting OMG_ZEX,
reply 52
and bigger lag!you just need bigger internet

you can have fun with the 4 people that can play without lag then

How about that?  I happen to be the guy to talk to if you're laggin in a game.......hehe        Among my friends it is said that I possess the "thou shalt not lag" wand........ 

April 11, 2011 12:19:12 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Demigod castles people. CASTLES!

April 11, 2011 12:23:03 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting miriyaka,

There's really no reason not to in this case.

Well, there is one.  I haven't been playing as much as I used to so it's meaningless.  For me the game is pretty much EOL as unless something fantastically awesome happens (expansion or sommat) I don't really plan on getting into it again.

April 11, 2011 12:54:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_Jona,
How bout not making something that blocks the view for using shield and heal twice as blocky.
get skills

April 11, 2011 12:56:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Polynomial,
Demigod castles people. CASTLES!

hehe. 

April 11, 2011 12:58:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah - heads up.  Monk knows his stuff related to Demigod connectivity; however, miri is probably right.  The limitations of the GPG engine make solid MP a challenge.

April 11, 2011 1:09:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/361469

Hire this guy and make his maps.

And bring back the old pre-release beta "Oh... my... Demigod." for a maxed kill streak.

April 11, 2011 1:17:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Kitkun,

Hire this guy and make his maps.

And bring back the old pre-release beta "Oh... my... Demigod." for a maxed kill streak.

Yeah - it was a HUGE loss when the map making tools never were released.  I understand why, but scottish was a brilliant guy that we lost when those tools never came out.  He had SOOOOO many good ideas.  Would have been a huge boost to the community at the time.  Sadly, none of us had 10K to dedicate to buying him granny 3d when the tools faded into the abyss.  Anyway, haven't heard from him in a SUPER long time. Might be a lost cause to get him back now. 

April 11, 2011 1:31:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Don't remind me.

April 11, 2011 1:34:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OH MY DEMIGODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD, that is still a joke between me and a few people that are on vent. I can't believe they took it out.

April 11, 2011 1:36:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I know.  That said - Kitkun - you haven't played in like a decade!  There is still a small community here.  Come back and play with us again soon!  And check out the mods (I have a post sticked in the mod forum).  There are still many fun games left with Demigod as is (otherwise, I wouldn't be playing still). 

April 11, 2011 1:41:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,
I know.  That said - Kitkun - you haven't played in like a decade!  There is still a small community here.  Come back and play with us again soon!  And check out the mods (I have a post sticked in the mod forum).  There are still many fun games left with Demigod as is (otherwise, I wouldn't be playing still). 
Heh. Saw the mod and tried it out already. Very nice. Lot of the new items OP compared to old items. 

Anyways, playing outside of the more casual beta was never much of an option as I have very little dexterity in my hands. (Long story.)

Question for whoever: Who owns the Demigod IP? Guessing GPG.

April 11, 2011 2:28:33 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

GPG

April 11, 2011 2:59:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For Demigod 2 :

1. A map editor so the community can build its own maps. You can then make them official, as Valve is doing for TF2.

2. A decent matchmaking

3. Stable network, by Region (as for LoL) : EUROPE / AMERICA / ASIA

4. Fix unbalanced items as soon as possible when balance is needed

5. Maybe more heroes to play (for me the 10 playable were enough). Maybe put the same system as LoL. Heroes are free and skins have to be purchased.

6. Fix the pathfinding

7. Keep the engine. It works good, it's fluid, it's clear to watch and nice to play.

8. Don't change the gameplay

9. Make the keys customizable in the "Keyboard" menu and make the mini-map turnable.

10. Please don't make the same mistake as you made for Supreme Commander 2 !

April 11, 2011 4:43:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Kitkun,
wow those map ideas look awesome

April 11, 2011 5:00:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I definitely have my own thoughts on the matter.  

I think most people have the same view as we do on the online meta-game aspects that a Demigod successor would need.

Right now, so that the community is on the same page as we are on this, Stardock is trying to determine its next-generation game lineup.  A Demigod sequel is one possibility.

April 11, 2011 5:01:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey Everyone

Haven't been here in age's but that doesn't mean i haven't been keeping an eye on thing's all the F$#&IN time

i thought demigod was done for and so on and on but it look's like Mr.Frog has come back Glad to hear from ya

Look i know you're all saying DG is a Lost cause etc but in all honesty it really isn't and befor anyone goe's Ape %$@# on me let me Explain

this game has been out for awhile true but it is nowhere near i repeat NOWHERE NEAR Dead and there is still a great chance to pull this game's soul back

- Fix connection issues

- Top 3 Mod's put into full game Uber fix the UI and the A.I Mod's

-Better Pathfinding and A.I in general

-More Map's and Demigod's etc

- Adding more Favor item's and maybe some new minions wouldn't hurt

ok so yeah it all sound's like a pain in the A$$ but really it could be done Either by Update's or Expansion if i had to vote i'd say Expansion i wouldn't be so eager to give up on DG 1  i mean i still play the S#$% out of this awesome game not online as much more of a Lan with some buddie's not to mention with all the Pirate's this game actually HAS LAN most game's nowaday's have NO LAN because of it so thank you for having >LAN< Something every game should have

however i did play online back in the day and it was great Still could be to so great i told some friend's to go out and buy this Fast-Paced Adrenaline pumping Tactical Addicting Game

Seriously this game can get intense rofl

now as for the F2P Congrats OMG_ZEX +1 Karma this is an excellent idea if you notice lot's of MMORPGS nowadays are going F2P and are doing very VERY! well this is something that could and probably should be pulled off at this point getting Enough cash together could be hard but not impossible  with the money saved from content for the F2P Stuff this could be used for an Expansion

Just giving my 2 Cents here but don't be so fast to give up on DG this game can still go pretty far and still has a wide selection of options

But don't be too slow either remember there is a great line up of game's coming and soon no one will be interested in DG

Hope to hear good thing's about the future of this game and it's Community

April 11, 2011 5:13:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

- Fix connection issues

- Top 3 Mod's put into full game Uber fix the UI and the A.I Mod's

-Better Pathfinding and A.I in general

-More Map's and Demigod's etc

Most of those are not really within the scope of an update or even an expansion pack.

The network code in DG really needs to be redone imo.  Supreme Commander (Forge) is a fantastic game but I don't think the net code in it is ideal for handling 8+ people at once in an action game.  Peer-to-peer is a good networking model for 1 on 1 to 2 on 2 games (again, my opinion) but when you start to get beyond that a client/server model comes into play typically. Hence, why you have dedicated Counterstrike servers and the like.

Nowadays, with the rise of virtual machines and cheap CDNs, it's just a lot more practical to spin up a virtual machine to host games for players and do away with lag, lost connections, firewalls, etc.

Now, perosonally, and feel free to flame me. I would be against adding more Demigods. I think anything beyond say 12 total Demigods dilutes the game.  This isn't LoL or Dota here.  I'd rather see the existing Demigods made a lot richer and deeper than they currently are (even if it meant reducing the #).

April 11, 2011 5:35:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
I definitely have my own thoughts on the matter.  

I think most people have the same view as we do on the online meta-game aspects that a Demigod successor would need.

Right now, so that the community is on the same page as we are on this, Stardock is trying to determine its next-generation game lineup.  A Demigod sequel is one possibility.

Hi, I'm John Quiñones and this is another episode of "What Would You Do?"

We've hidden some cameras near the computers of gamers to see what sort of stimulus they are most interested in. We have "Math Puzzles" "Huge Boobs" and "Awesome Explosions"...

Yep, as expected, the meta game should revolve around boobs and explosions... balance will be secondary.

I dunno... just being sarcastic about the whole... pick 2 of the 3 cliche attributes of Good, Fast, & Quality.

It would be nice to have my explosions, boobs and balance all in one game.... (or you could use action, eye candy and solid gameplay mechanics if you don't like those descriptors)

It's been awhile since the last Demigod patch, and most of the issues we have now were issues way before the last patch. It's hurting the reps of both companies.

I guess the point is... people were satisfied with Total Annihilation because for the 1st year, they had solid download content. This would have probably alleviated most of the complaints about Demigod if you threw people a bone every once in awhile with more frequency for the 1st 6 months of the game.

If anything, you could also yell at any detractors and tell them... Look bitch, you got alot of free content for the 1st 6 months, now you have to wait. You might even go so far as to remove a bit of the final content, so it can be released at regular intervals to give the illusion of regular updates.

April 11, 2011 5:48:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
Now, perosonally, and feel free to flame me. I would be against adding more Demigods. I think anything beyond say 12 total Demigods dilutes the game. This isn't LoL or Dota here. I'd rather see the existing Demigods made a lot richer and deeper than they currently are (even if it meant reducing the #).

10-12 seems like a good number.  Then perhaps, way down the road, adding 2 more along with an expansion pack to keep folks playing (talking about demigod 2 here). 

April 11, 2011 6:04:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,

Quoting Frogboy, reply 72Now, perosonally, and feel free to flame me. I would be against adding more Demigods. I think anything beyond say 12 total Demigods dilutes the game. This isn't LoL or Dota here. I'd rather see the existing Demigods made a lot richer and deeper than they currently are (even if it meant reducing the #).
10-12 seems like a good number.  Then perhaps, way down the road, adding 2 more along with an expansion pack to keep folks playing (talking about demigod 2 here). 

Well... it would be like 20 now if you let every Demigod be an Assasin or General. You could remove and add a few skill lines depending which style you are playing.

eg: Demon Assassin could lose a skill ine to replace with a band of warp striking ninjas. etc...
Rook could lose towers and get a variety of mobile types of siege weapons etc..

Not saying that those are what you should do specifically, just that you get the idea about what I mean.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time: