The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

What about a league?

By on February 24, 2011 10:23:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pacov and others.

I was juts thinking, we can easily (on JeeSports) set up a league.
It could be round robin, double round robin and have playoffs at the end (or not).

The other thing we can do with the structure is to have a league and a sub league.
Initially everybody would be on the lowest level league. perhaps split into two divisions.
At the end of the first season, promotion and relegation would occur (automatically on jeesports).
that would allow some temas to move up and some to stay in the lowest league.
the third seasons new teams could enter (from the lowest league) and climb up.

A league approach (which doesnt mean we could also have weekly tournies), means that we can get the new players to have some fun competiting as well (at least from season 2 as season 1 will probably be rough for some).

Match structure wise, it could be flat or dynamic i.e. be for example 3 * 2v2s per playweek or something a bit more complex like 3*2v2 + 3 * 3v3

at the end people would know that they have 1 team to play per week. that shouldnt be too difficult to manage even for the more casual players

let me know what you guys think.

best
iamKira

+4 Karma | 54 Replies
February 24, 2011 10:52:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like this league idea because it gives me a chance to see improvement and move up to a degree.  Let's be honest, I'm not winning any tournament that I enter.  But I can win some mid-level matches if I don't noob out, I can progress over a "season" to get myself ranked, and maybe I make a mad scramble at the end of the season to make it to the upper league.  Such a setup gives me goals that are within my reach, whereas the tourney format gives me impossible goals.  So I like the idea.

The upcoming pay tournament, for example, has no incentive for me.  I'll probably throw in my $10 because I'm a good sport and you young pros need a pizza.  But it's not a gamble because I have no chance of winning back anything.  Yet.

That being said, logistically it seems the problem has historically been getting matches done over a reasonable period of time.  But if players were willing to communicate more frequently, and perhaps jee can facilitate this, then this could get done.

I've also been thinking that a 1v1 league for mirror matches with all ten dg's would be interesting too.  Who's the top ub?  Who's the top tb?  Could be interesting, and a league format would help.  Interesting replays and builds, to say the least.

February 24, 2011 11:02:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Any idea that presents an alternative (to a degree) to idiotic DG rating/win % system is fine by me. 

February 24, 2011 1:45:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi there. I wouldnt put 1v1 in the match strycture because i think it's broken. trust me i played a lot of 1v1.

a combination of 2v2 and 3v3 could be fun.

That means the team need at least 3-5 players to ensure someone is available. changing rosters could also be allowed.

instead of the regular 1 match of 2v2 with Bo3 we could have

3 * 1 match of 2v2 with Bo1 allowing teams to change roster between games depending on results. or maybe we say the rosters should be set and not change.

February 24, 2011 3:25:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
I really like this idea but u would need three brackets, one for low tier one for mid and one for high, each subsequent loss knocking u into each lower bracket
February 24, 2011 4:33:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

that's possible but not in season one

we can create the structure we want and promotion relegation are automated

February 24, 2011 4:40:41 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm on board for whatever... this does require having a static team, though?

February 24, 2011 4:52:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

that sounds fun, at least then more good games will be played

February 24, 2011 5:51:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am all for this

February 24, 2011 6:43:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,
I'm on board for whatever... this does require having a static team, though?

yes this requires a static team. so people must have like 3-5 reliable players for the whole season.

i think we can leave it opened ie you can recruit new players during the season but not one that is or was with another team in that same season.

transfers of existing players are done at the end of the season

February 24, 2011 7:48:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This sounds good.  

February 24, 2011 8:09:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yes this requires a static team. so people must have like 3-5 reliable players for the whole season.

ah... so a team would be 3-5 folks that would play in 2v2's... that the idea?  So if I'm not free one night, someone could take my place?

February 24, 2011 8:49:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting renz0kuken,
This sounds good.  

Me, Soccer, Renz, Shane, Orcun

Now that sounds good.

February 24, 2011 9:15:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Now that sounds good.

starting a transformers league?  I think renz/shane/or-chun still play dg. 

February 24, 2011 9:28:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_ZEX,

Quoting renz0kuken, reply 10This sounds good.  

Now that sounds good.

I'm in.

February 24, 2011 11:31:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I do wonder if the "tier 1s" that still play the game (more than meets the eye ) would be interested in trying to break off and form a few teams.  I think we could get some consistently good matches going amongst ourselves... obviously less so if there is no desire to have competition (that said, I challenge cow/soccer vs me/zen ).  Anyway, I think we can come up with some good options, but made best if we form good teams instead of some idiotic stack.

February 25, 2011 12:04:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,
I do wonder if the "tier 1s" that still play the game (more than meets the eye ) would be interested in trying to break off and form a few teams.  I think we could get some consistently good matches going amongst ourselves... obviously less so if there is no desire to have competition (that said, I challenge cow/soccer vs me/zen ).  Anyway, I think we can come up with some good options, but made best if we form good teams instead of some idiotic stack.

For a 5 man Jeelounge team me, Renz, Orcun clearly are not splitting up, so we'd need 2 more. But Cow/Soccer vs Zen/Pacov (best 2/3)sounds awesome, stream worthy match for sure..

February 25, 2011 12:10:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

me, Renz, Orcun clearly are not splitting up

I do wonder if the "tier 1s" that still play the game (more than meets the eye ) would be interested in trying to break off and form a few teams. I think we could get some consistently good matches going amongst ourselves... obviously less so if there is no desire to have competition

as you say though. 

For a 5 man Jeelounge team me, Renz, Orcun clearly are not splitting up, so we'd need 2 more. But Cow/Soccer vs Zen/Pacov (best 2/3)sounds awesome, stream worthy match for sure..

Other challenge - zen/pac vs or-chin/mcshane (2/3 (3 games played anyway - fun replays))

Been dying to get back to my aggressive erb roots.... and you boys deserve a work out to see if you are quite so good, eh

edit - i don't really speak for zen in these challenges - just my personal take on combos that would win against both teams I mentioned.  PROVE ME WRONG. 

February 25, 2011 12:22:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Other challenge - zen/pac vs or-chin/mcshane (2/3 (3 games played anyway - fun replays))

Been dying to get back to my aggressive erb roots.... and you boys deserve a work out to see if you are quite so good, eh

Any time, it'd be Renz/ Me though, Orcun if he's available but he's not on much, easier to find Renz.  I'd sub for Soccer as well.

February 25, 2011 12:29:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd wager orcun likes challenges and will make himself available.  So, I'll take him and you can have renz.  heh. 

But that said, I'd also enjoy renz/mcshane v pacov/zen.  Quite interested to see how you'd counter ub/erb.  I figure I'd be up against renz's erb... but not sure what you'd play mcshane... you'd likely lose if you went ub, so I'm guessing oak - which would be some fun.  Anyway, consider these open ended challenges and we can set a day and time to get them on.  I think we'd all appreciate best 2 of 3 though. 

February 25, 2011 12:31:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Team McZexyMoms Or Chinez

February 25, 2011 12:37:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

always the Chinese

heh - gj though with that

Side note, though - the 3v3 cash tourney will more than likely have some dg selection restrictions.  Mcshane/or-chun/renz might want to join the upcoming practice tourney to give it a go again.  I figure you fellas will have a very strong team for that, but it will be interesting to see if you can win. The restrictions will likely hurt your team combo some in the 3v3 cash tourney. 

February 25, 2011 12:42:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you'd likely lose if you went ub, so I'm guessing oak - which would be some fun. Anyway, consider these open ended challenges and we can set a day and time to get them on. I think we'd all appreciate best 2 of 3 though.

Lol, I'd lose as UB vs Zen with you Ereb against Renz?  Zen knows about that UB. Any combination of me, renz, orcun, cow, vs you/zen is acceptable. 

February 25, 2011 12:44:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting GM-McShane87,

But Cow/Soccer vs Zen/Pacov (best 2/3)sounds awesome, stream worthy match for sure..

Me and soccer would OWN   

February 25, 2011 12:46:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

heh... not sure how.  What could you play, cow? Ooze ub?  And then soccer couldn't play ub.  muhahahaha

Lol, I'd lose as UB vs Zen with you Ereb against Renz? Zen knows about that UB. Any combination of me, renz, orcun, cow, vs you/zen is acceptable.

BRING IT!!!!  please... me as a support dg is certainly not the same as me as erb... pffft.  I'd love to see u as ub with renz as erb vs me(erb) zen(ub).  Your true talent is in a group of 3.  2v2 = doom.   I'd give you 30% chance of winning.  Lez do it.

edit - heh... damnit - i had an actually question about the league and you made me forget it.

Side note - I think I've tricked folks some into forming 2v2 teams for a league.  BUTCH (screenshit - doggu gets it at least).  Sounds to me like a bit of competition can be found here.  I'd wager even if my team beat down either team, you fellas would be hungry for a rematch. 

February 25, 2011 12:51:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

mcshane pacov come join me cow and zens lobby im drunk and bored,  and ikeep praiding yur oak that supports orcun ub OP

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000390   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.